Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 15, 2013
Kurt Angle Continues To Talk Retirement, WWE/TNA

Kurt Angle Continues To Talk Retirement, WWE/TNA

Since it will happen in the next few years, everyone has been wondering what the plans are for Kurt Angle in regards to retirement. During a recent interview with The Overtime with Grande and Max, the TNA star revealed that he has not closed the book on signing with WWE and doing his retirement tour with them. Angle said:

“It could be anywhere. I’m not going to disrespect either company by telling lies or telling the truth, but I’ll just say this. There’s a chance that I could be anywhere to retire, and I’m sure that I’ll have that option when the time comes… When I retire, you will never see me in that ring again”

When asked who he would like to face in his retirement match, Angle replied, “If I said that, then I’d tell you the company I’d retire with… I’ll give you this, the picks would be between Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, or obviously John Cena or Dwayne Johnson. There are a lot of guys, I mean Dwayne comes in and out, you know? When it comes down to it, hopefully one of the guys comes down to TNA and I can retire there, but you don’t know what’s going to happen.

I’m not going to sit here and lie to you and tell you that I’m going to stay in TNA or that I’m going to leave TNA. I love TNA and I love to work for the company, but there comes a time when you know that you want to retire and how you want to do it, and you gotta do it your way.”

22 Responses to “Kurt Angle Continues To Talk Retirement, WWE/TNA”

1. Treck says:

Sad that he did not mention any TNA guys. Those guys he he wrestled a hundred times

• tnadude says:

Yeah, but it goes to show that he's rather have a "big match" on a "big stage" with a huge crowd reaction against The Rock than an incredible match in a smaller, more intimate venue against AJ Styles.

As slanted as I am towards TNA, I can't blame him. If you're going to go out, why not go out with a bang?

2. tnadude says:

Ok, so he wants to retire from WWE. Good for him. Now, will he quit talking about it already? It's supposedly a few years away and I'm already sick of it.

3. whatsup121 says:

Must be a slow news day

4. DJBIGCG says:

If Kurt does leave tna, it looks like it will be another wrestler choosing to leave tna for wwe

• tna24 says:

it not like he first started with tna then going to wwe. his first break was in wwe. so i guess he would want to retire where it all started for him

5. TNAfan05 says:

You heard it here first he will end the streak and retire

• Bigmike885 says:

not a f'n chance..if anybody is going to beat the streak its going to be a guy who needs the rub to become the next big thing…If Michaels didn't do it, Angle has no chance.

6. xenocea says:

Translations of his cryptic messages.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in both TNA & WWE. Although TNA has been very good to me, & I appreciate the work environment here.

I rather retire at the grand slam of Wrestlemania in a big match against Rock, Taker, or Brock even though I wrestled them like a thousand times already.

Since I'm with TNA at the moment, I'm not just going to outright say I'm going to WWE. But I do secretly plan to and will return to WWE when the time comes, cause let's face it. I;ll make more headlines in my last match at Wrestlemania.

• Bigmike885 says:

you do realize he's pretty much wrestled everyone in TNA a thousand time to right?..

• hangers says:

He's wrestled the current roster in TNA more times than anyone currently working for WWE…

• xenocea says:

Yeah I do, but I much rather see him in a quality match with AJ styles even though he also wrestled him dozens of times, then someone like Brock.

• Bigmike885 says:

Have you actually seen any of him matches with Brock? They were very very good (not saying they'd be as good now but still).Sent from my iPhone

7. JustBringIt says:

So in other words Kurt wants to leave TNA soon so that he can retire in WWE!

I do hope Dixie disciplines him for this. As a TNA employee he should be talking the company & it’s roster up, not hinting that the main reason he’s there is because of the lighter schedule.

I’d much rather see Kurt finish his career wrestling AJ Styles, Austin Aries or Bobby Roode in TNA. But if he wanted to go out in WWE than why not Y2J? They had some great matches when they were European & Intercontinental champs.

• Bigmike885 says:

HAHAHAHAHAH you think shes going to discipline him for this?..for what?..saying he's going to retire?..get over it.

• JustBringIt says:

No not for saying that he’s going to retire, but for clearly hinting he wants to retire in WWE. He didn’t talk up and promote any TNA wrestlers in that interview – only WWE stars.

Could you imagine someone like Christian listing only TNA wrestlers as potential retirement match opponents? Vince would go crazy & with good reason!

8. annil8or4321 says:

it does seem to be a bit one sided

9. cnote says:

Umm hello does anyone ever hear any of the guys from WWE ever say anything besides I stay with TNA because the work inviroment and schedule? Every time they get asked if their open to returning to WWE they always say what I just stated above. I watch both product because I’m a fan and for anyone to hate on him because he wants to retire his own way is just plan dumb!

10. hangers says:

I personally would like to see him do WWE, go out on the big stage and then once his retirement is done and dusted, come back and do a one night only with TNA as a fairwell, probably against Joe or AJ..

As much as I would like to think he should stay loyal to TNA, if you were in his shoes what would you do?

As for those who may say he's disloyal to his current employer Kurt has given TNA and the fans alot in his time working for them performance and loyalty wise and should be respected for this…

• Bigmike885 says:

I agree man..everyone who says he should stay "loyal" lets not forget..he made his name in pro wrestling in WWE..Kurts all about Kurt..

• xenocea says:

Kurt is free to do whatever he wants. He's already proved himself to be among the best of the best in this business.

He does deserve the grand stage, and he did kick start his career at WWE. But TNA was where he really shined with the constant 5 star matches he displays with the TNA talents.

In saying so, whatever Kurt decides to do or go, he has all of our blessing.