Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 28, 2012
Kurt Angle Discusses The Possibility Of An MMA Fight

Kurt Angle Discusses The Possibility Of An MMA Fight

Source: Pwtorch

Kurt Angle appeared on MMA Uncensored on Spike TV Thursday night and said that while the answer to whether he’ll ever fight in MMA is “probably no,” he would consider an offer if the money was right.

Angle was asked if he would have a one-off MMA fight like Batista is and said, “I can’t say yes or no. I’m 43. I tried out for the Olympics and I kept getting injured. My body is breaking down. The pro wrestling hasn’t helped me, but it’s probably no. But, if the offer is good enough, you never know.”

Angle also discussed sparring with Brock Lesnar during their WWE days, his often-repeated story about a TUF deal falling through because he wanted more time to prep and more. As to whether he would have joined MMA in the ’90s if he’d known it would blow up, he said, “I was too far into wrestling main-eventing WrestleManias that there was no turning back. The money was in pro wrestling at the time.”

10 Responses to “Kurt Angle Discusses The Possibility Of An MMA Fight”

1. whatsup121 says:

it's all about the Money what about the love for the Sport

2. rockinrollinroo says:

with his injury record i think he should forget it even if he was offered a big amount of dollar, his health should come first.

3. Pipboy86 says:

Angle would get his ass handed to him if he fought anyone but a total tomato can. I mean, I like Kurt Angle, he was a great amateur wrestler at one time, and currently a great professional wrestler. He's 43 years old though and hasn't competed or trained competitively for over a decade. Just like there was never a chance for him at the Olympics, there is no chance for him to have an MMA career. The only think he could really accomplish with an MMA fight at this stage is to get embarrassed.

• tnadude says:

I agree. Truth is, he'd get knocked out. Look at Lesnar – he has zero standup. What makes us think Angle would have any? Mixed martial artists practice take-down defense constantly. The formula to beat him is too simple:

1) Use footwork, punches and kicks to keep Angle on the outside
      2) Sprawl
      3) Use angles to open holes and knock him out.

Were he 20 years younger, he would have had time to develop and could have been an MMA champion. It just wasn't meant to be, so we'll keep enjoying him in TNA instead.

4. dcxboxx says:

kurt angle vs batista, angle wins that fight. book it, maybe even bobby lashly he may have a shot, but anyone else i wouldnt risk it. the other 2 fights i stated atleast have a draw based on wrestling name value in a real fight so 2 decent draws. well one maybe decent draw in lashley and one real draw in batista vs angle then call it a quits . its prob best for him to only face batisa, beat batista pretty much it ends batistas mma career since he lookes to an older angle not like batista has a future as hes really too old to get started in the sport himelf and injury prone.

5. steven kelly says:

Fck mma and angle samoa joe is tv champ they didnt hand it to bitchoff my faith in tna restored

6. Real Deal Heel says:

I luv me sum Angle…yet he's too delusional popping pills and getting drunk all the time saying his Tweets got hakzored. He's a beast, yet even the most athletic, powerful, best wrestlers can't always take a punch. Look at Lesnar. I would watch tho…lol.