Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 24, 2013
Kurt Angle Reveals When He Plans To Retire – Details

Kurt Angle Reveals When He Plans To Retire – Details

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kurt Angle revealed in an interview on Thursday that he plans to hang up the boots for good in three years.

“I’ve got two more years left at Impact Wrestling and then I’m going to have a retirement year and that’s going to be it. I think I’ll be done and once I retire, you’re not going to see me back in a ring again, that’s for sure,” said the 44-year-old grappler. “I’m not going to be a guy that retires and keeps coming back. When I’m gone, I’m gone. Same thing as amateur wrestling; when I won the world championships in Olympics, I left and I never went back. Same for pro.”

Angle also discussed TNA’s UK tour thus far, British Boot Camp, King Mo, memories of his career and more.

9 Responses to “Kurt Angle Reveals When He Plans To Retire – Details”

1. Bigmike885 says:

I dont see him ending at BFG..i know it pains everyone here, but Wrestlemania is the biggest wrestling show in the world, and it would be fitting for him to go out there. BFG gets maybe MAYBE 20-30k buys (now granted that could be much higher in 3 years time who knows) WM gets 1 millions buys plus on a regular basis (once again..who knows in 3 years) As much as i think he loves TNA his ego is HUGE and he'd want to go out on the biggest stage.

• Rated_Maxx says:

I can agree with that. One day I want BFG to be as big as Mania.

• Bigmike885 says:

if it's still around in 20 years is could be…Vince is good at one thing almost all the time and thats wrestlemania (granted not every year, but most of the time)…My problem with BFG is most years it just seems like another PPV..they got much better this year though..

• tnadude says:

I don't know how anyone could read this differently. He's stating the plan. Not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here. Good for him. Granted, I'm not going to watch, but still. Good luck to the man. Open and honest.

2. bik100 says:

Angle will stay in TNA, he knows he's a crucial part of it's success and like Hardy he likes being a star.

3. HolsG says:

As much as i respect him as a wrestler:
    1/ he's known for not telling the truth
    2/ Sting has been trying to retire for years what makes him think it's going to be that easy

• Bigmike885 says:

"trying" to retire?…sting is set for money..he's still going because he wants to and they give him a sweetheart deal…Sting has never had a serious injury, while Kurt is extremley beat up. a wrestler can go whenever he wants to…its just a matter if they want to. Look at guys like Flair or Hogan..They're in it for the money and the fame (mostly money considering they're paying out the ass to their exs). They're used to being worldwide icons and in the spotlight..Angle has accomplished everything he can possiably do in wrestling..i could totally see him becoming a US olympic wrestling coach…that would fit him perfectly..

4. Mr. Excitement says:

He never went back because he didn't make the team.
    Oh Kurt… :)

5. ricky_No1 says:

Angle will still be in the ring in 10 years time. As for he is gone like he did after the olympics,what was all the 2012 london shit all about then?