Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 16, 2012
Kurt Angle Says He Feels Forgotten By WWE & More

Kurt Angle Says He Feels Forgotten By WWE & More

Promoting TNA Wrestling’s upcoming tour of the United Kingdom and British Boot Camp in an interview with The Sun, Kurt Angle feels the company has underutilized Doug Williams and Magnus.

“I think that TNA as a whole might have dropped the ball a little bit with Doug Williams and Magnus, when you look at the talent they have. They are starting to use Magnus and I believe they have big plans for him. But the reason I thought they might have dropped the ball is because he was so young when he started. They might have thought ‘he’s just a baby, we can wait,’ but four years later he’s still only 25.”

The interview is available here.

Kurt Angle also did an interview with The Daily Star and talked about not being in the WWE Hall of Fame, his health and more.

On if he thinks he’ll be invited to join the WWE Hall of Fame: “Sometimes it does feel a little bit like Kurt Angle never existed, and maybe that is because I am here. The best times I had were with WWE. Will it come back full circle? I don’t know. I do know that I’m not going to stand by the door and wait for an invite. I deserve it. I am very happy right now with TNA. Will it happen? I never answer that one way or the other because in pro wrestling you just don’t know.”

On his current health: “Obviously in wrestling you’re going to give up a lot of your health. Your knees, your neck, your back and you are never going to be at 100 percent all the time. I’m starting to feel it at 43. Sometimes I feel like I’m 53 in the mornings. But when I’m in the ring I feel 25! I guess it depends on what time of day you catch me.”

On the UK market and tour: “It is our most important tour. We always do so well there. We try to focus on the UK because the ratings are so good thanks to the amazing fans. A PPV would be a milestone. We’ll get there eventually. The attendance is always right, so one day it may be possible to do what WWE does. It is amazing to think that this company which started 10 years ago in a backyard in Nashville is now fi lming in the UK. No-one would have thought that would ever happen. We view the UK as equal to the USA at TNA. We couldn’t look at it any other way.”

14 Responses to “Kurt Angle Says He Feels Forgotten By WWE & More”

1. hosersrock says:

of course they forgot about you kirk……it's the way it is….you are no longer in the wwe…and you are of no use to them.

2. Mr. Excitement says:

A UK PPV would be amazing.
    I'd also love to see a live Impact in Toronto.

3. purpleurkel says:

UK ppv the crowd would get loud.

TNA needs to stop having PPVs in the Impact zone. The lack of fan support makes the production value look cheap. Turning Point was a silent crowd…it was strange.

back on topic: Angle needs to humble himself… hall of fame?? you are still wrestling dude (for the rival company)

• Firestormdzl says:

I agree with purpleurkel. Let's take all iMPACT Zone PPVs Crowd VS Bound For Glory Crowd. There is a huge different.

As for Angle and his Hall of Fame issue, I would say Kurt needs to realize that iMPACT has a Hall of Fame too. One day Kurt might be inducted to iMPACT Wrestling Hall of Fame. Not sure he's so worried about wwe.

4. hosersrock says:

you are in the best wrestling organization……i agree with purple……you are far too young for the hall of fame kirk… have a few years left in you…

• Dante_Cross says:

Age doesn't really matter as they put Edge in immediately for the profit and all.

• Bigmike885 says:

and in the grand sceam of things..hes not much younger than Sting..and sting is in TNAs HOF..Of course they're not going to put Kurt in while he wrestles activily for the compatition…

5. DJBIGCG says:

Angle, why would wwe be talking about you or whatever else if you're in tna right now and not wwe?

6. The Truth says:

Kirk man up and move forward! Work on bein a TNA HOF then in with the likes of drew Carey wwe.

7. Herr_Odditus says:

Magnus looks older than 25. But what difference does it make anyway? If someone is talented let them wear the gold at any age. It shouldn't just be reserved for people 35+.

8. ちなみに、現在ではアルプス越えの主要ルートの一つとなっているそうです。