Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 14, 2013
Kurt Angle: ‘TNA Could Compete With WWE In 5 Years’

Kurt Angle: ‘TNA Could Compete With WWE In 5 Years’

Kurt Angle recently spoke with ChicagoNow about tomorrow’s Impact in Chicago. Check out the highlights:

On where TNA Will Be In Five Years: “It continues to grow no doubt worldwide. We are on the road for good and we are taking little steps to improve the overall product. I believe in 5 years if things are done right we could be competing with the monster (WWE). They have amazing programming and Vince McMahon has done wonders for his product. I have been in Impact Wrestling for 7 years and I thought by now we would be up in the ratings. I believe that’s going to take a little more time.”

On Retirement: “I might be involved in some way but not in the ring. I might have a part time schedule where I do some selected shows, which I can handle. If I decide to do that I won’t announce my retirement. But I’m going to give TNA the next 3 years of my absolute best and see what happens.”

14 Responses to “Kurt Angle: ‘TNA Could Compete With WWE In 5 Years’”

1. DJBIGCG says:

5 years from now, some cats wrestling now might be retired or even people who don't wrestle but either work for wwe or tna. I wonder will there really be a monday ***ht war vol 2 between wwe and tna or what. It also wouldn't shock me if angle ends up back in wwe sometime in the next 5 years for one more big pay day

2. Jreese78 says:

There is no doubt about that, they clearly have better talent than WWE. and as of late. they're writting has been leapyears ahead of the repeative dubya dubya E…Only time will tell.

3. jbcissom says:

As long as he can avoid the alcohol and getting on twitter, Kurt's aight in my book.

Seriously… TNA needs to keep Kurt around after he stops being an in-ring performer. I feel like sometimes he keeps things balanced from being entertainment and providing some good quality wrestling.

• Jreese78 says:

keep hating on Kurt, he'd wrestle circles around anyone on Vince's roster

• jbcissom says:

Are you knocking back a few? You do realize that I gave plenty of props to Angle. Angle's only downfall is when he knocks back a few and does a few drunk tweets. Other than that, he's golden.

• Peckar says:

Who hasn't knocked back a few and said shit they regretted? Unfortunately for him, a lot more people hear his shit.

• tnadude says:

I completely agree. He's about the best mentor in the business, and he appears to do the right things for the right reasons (with those two "minor" exceptions you already pointed out).

I'd also like to see him in a more prominent role. It's okay for him to take a back seat and allow the younger guys to shine, but it's even better if he works the main event scene a few times a year if for no other reason than to legitimize them and stay relevant.

4. Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

Kurt would make the perfect GM when he retires.

5. They CAN became WWE level in 5 years. But the question is WILL they do the right steps it takes?

6. Treck says:

Oh yes they will. If only I was a billionare. I would give TNA a boat load of moneys get them on tv etc.

7. destroyer_v39 says:

If I was TNA I would get rid of ex wwe talent and focus on the the new young generation that we wrestling fans haven't seen before. Okay look at this way. When Aces and Eight reveal themselves one by one and you see… WWE Luke Gallows/D.O.C., WWE Mike Knox/Knux, WWE/ECW Devon Dudley/Devon, WWE/ECW Bubbuh Ray Dudley/Bully Ray, WWE D-Lo Brown, WWE/ECW Taz, then you got Garret Bishoff & NXT Wes Brosco (Exception because we really never seen him perform in the Big WWE Shows). The storyline was okay until they reveal former WWE/ECW employees. It would be interesting if it was fresher talents like Kenny Kings, Joey Ryan, Alex Silva, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Garrett Bishoff, Wes Brisco then have a twist where Aj Styles was the leader.

8. Peckar says:

The REAL wrestling god. Oh its real, its damn real!

9. Juan says:

Love Kurt, love TNA….but there is an interview with Kurt Angle on Youtube, it's from 2007…..and in that interview he said in 5 years TNA will be the biggest wrestling company…..and it's been more than 5 years and they're not even close.