Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 30, 2012
Kurt Angle’s Lockdown Match In Jeopardy

Kurt Angle’s Lockdown Match In Jeopardy

Kurt Angle spoke with WTAE-TV about his injury he suffered this morning. Angle said that the injury was suffered at a local wrestling facility while he was training and it may put his match with Jeff Hardy at Lockdown in jeopardy.

“I went in for a shot, and when I pulled out, my hamstring popped, and when that happened, I knew it wasn’t good,” Angle said. “If this is a tear, my whole leg will turn black and blue, and then I have to rehab it for at least 3 to 4 weeks, and the trials are only 3 1/2 weeks away.”

He added, “I called USA Wrestling coach Zeke Jones and I told him about it, and he said, ‘Well, I hope to God that you’re ready by the trials,’ because technically and condition-wise, I am ready, but I have to stay healthy. I have to be healthy to be at the trials.”

5 Responses to “Kurt Angle’s Lockdown Match In Jeopardy”

1. JoshuaTNA says:

Angle is getting older and it's taking a tole on his body, They need to give him a Undertaker Schedule.

2. FazeYNWA says:

tna shud give STING a Taker style schedule too.
    Make him in to a commodity, cuz we always see him and as the insane icon it makes him lose his value.
    Would be betta if he just makes suprise and special appearances like the crow gimmick, shlw hkm watchin frm the rafters or wateva

3. HolsG says:

what lockdown match or did one get announced last night?
    The thing with Kurt he pushes himself to his absolute limits so the older he gets the more injuries he's going to get, and he's still an amazing wrestler!!

4. tnadude says:

Cancel the match immediately. The guy is chasing his dream, and he's not healthy. Besides, the feud hasn't been that well-built, with most of us just looking for a spectacular wrestling match – one that can't happen if Angle has a bad hamstring.

This would be a great way to re-introduce Dos J into the lineup as a fill-in for Angle. He & Hardy don't get along either, so there is some added value.

5. Rent_A_Geek says:

Always said he could not train for the Olympics and wrestle TNA simultaneously. This was inevitable, and probably the best thing that could have happened. I'm not saying I wish an injury on the man, or that the injury is not legit, but now he has an excuse to back out gracefully. He ran his mouth off one too many times, and it wrote a check his body could not possibly cash. If Kurt had ever been legit about training for the Olympics, he should have taken at least 6 months off from TNA to train. a year would have served him better.