Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 16, 2013
Larry Zbyszko Comments On TNA’s Financial Issues

Larry Zbyszko Comments On TNA’s Financial Issues

In an interview with WGD Weekly w/ Steve & The Scum, Larry Zbyszko spoke about TNA’s financial issues, WCW’s downfall and more. Here are the highlights:

On Vince Russo coming to WCW in 1999 and the dying days of WCW: “Eric and his buddies were gone, so Bill brings in this idiot Russo who was writing for the WWE…as far as I’m concerned, he’s a cancer…So, this goofy Russo comes in and by the time he came in…it went back to stupid nonsense with some idiot who has no idea what he is doing…So, they move me to Thunder…I was pissed…I knew the biggest, hottest wrestling ever was about to die…Russo just kept doing stupid stuff, the worst part is, we had a guy that was the next Bruno, Goldberg, people loved him, he was hot…but instead of Goldberg being champion, the new champion was Russo and some idiot little, skinny puke, David Arquette…the whole thing just turned to absolute manure…you had this slob, Mark Madden on Nitro, picking his nose and god knows what else…it was horrifying…”

On Sting being “lucky”: “Sting who was one of the luckiest men who ever lived, Sting couldn’t do a good interview, he couldn’t work good. We had to drop him from the ceiling for a year and dress him like the crow and not let him say a word to get one big match out of him.”

On TNA’s financial woes: “They just made wrong decisions…from what I hear, Bob Carter…he had a hard time saying no to his daughter, Dixie…Finally, they blew so much money with no real results after ten years that Bob resigned and I think the mother took over and she is controlling the purse…From what I hear…this guy is now fired, this guy is now fired and if you wanna stay there you get a pay cut. Half the guys wrestling there are on food stamps. I was shocked when I heard that one.”

18 Responses to “Larry Zbyszko Comments On TNA’s Financial Issues”

1. Luchador says:

thats a stupid comment from Larry that Half the guys are on food stamps

• toddmikki says:

So apparently everyone in the wrestling business are idiots except Goldberg and himsel.

• DarkNexxus says:

I don't recall which wrestler it was, but a year, year and a half ago, some TNA wrestler posted on Twitter that they got approved for food stamps and could finally afford to eat. I'm sure it was sarcasm. Seems old Larry there took it as fact.

2. Listentna says:

F ck u larry. Fu k u larry. Fuc u larry

3. jbcissom says:

Larry was right about one thing in those comments… Mark Madden was a slob.

4. Carlos Flores says:

Sting lucky? Whatever. At that time Sting was way over and had outstanding matches with Flair, Muta, and Vader. He was PWI Wrestler of the Year and won Most Popular Wrestler of the Year a record four times. Lucky? I think not.

5. Cam says:

Jesse Neal and Madison Rayne said on Twitter that they were on food stamps and lets not forget, while Madison Rayne was working for TNA, she also worked at Sun Glasshut

6. piperfan says:

Larry is bitter…FIRE LARRY!

7. ToledoDavid says:

Larry was married to Verne Gagne's daughter….the only reason he ever made it in wrestling…

8. Real Deal Heel says:

Larry Z is an alcoholic and a lonely old man…bud goddamn are his drunken delusions awesome to hear…Sting would be nothing? LOL…ya ok.

I know he's besties with Scott Hall and loved seeing his drunk ass bring up Bruno in EVERY segment and rip on Flair….oh wait….loved it all. This guy needs an Internet show.

9. Cezar_TheScribe says:

Sting was and is very popular. Larry doesn't know what he's talking about.

Larry also said, "ECW was a fad." People loved and still love ECW. Too bad Vince ruined it and wrestling.

10. annil8or4321 says:

bad mouthing everyone else? how can you call yourself a legend