Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 15, 2013
Live Notes From Last Night’s TNA iMPACT! In Chicago, IL

Live Notes From Last Night’s TNA iMPACT! In Chicago, IL

Chad Zelenovic sent in these live notes from last night’s TNA iMPACT! in Chicago, IL: Hi, I was at Impact tonight in Chicago. It was a great show live. Here a few live notes: – As far as the crowd was concerned, I’d say it was about 6,000-6,500 as everyone else estimated. It definitely looked like they had a bit more people than when they ran Bound For Glory in Chicago in 2008. The crowd reminded me of a WWE crowd back in ’98. One major difference between WWE and TNA as far as the crowd is concerned is that there are ALOT more hotter older women in the audience than at WWE shows. Other notes: – Rob Terry is HUGE. He just needs to be little bit more crisp in the ring, but time improves everything. He has star written all over him and was over especially with the dance moves. – Austin Aries was quite over as probably seen on camera. – There was an incident when Aces and Eights were exiting the arena. One of the fans almost got into a brawl with one of the members. Atlas Security had a hard time calming the fan down. It is amazing to see Bully Ray live and how much heat he can draw. – The 7 Ft Marylin Manson look alike that was arguing with Bully in the front row was walking around the whole night with his tank top on flexing his muscles. I really wish Bully would have cracked him! – Joseph Park is unbelievably over. I cannot believe how good he plays his gimmick. – If there was a complaint(s) to management I can make about the live show, it’s that there was no pyro. I remember at BFG 08, they did have it. Also, the Sears Centre Arena is kind of far for some Chicago fans. The thing that the Allstate Arena has over the Sears Centre is that it’s right next to the airport and not far far away from central Chicago. Now. I’ve sent several suggestions to TNA about running the Navy Pier Grand Ballroom for future events, which is in downtown. It’s a tad smaller than the Sears Centre, but, they could add seats on the huge stage they have and it will help spread the word about TNA in one of the biggest wrestling cities. I hope they listen. – Also, Jeremy Borash and So Cal Val, as well as Christy Hemme absolutely do a fantastic job with interaction with the fans in between commercials. Major kudos to them for keeping me entertained throughout the night. – I didn’t stay the whole taping, as I left at the beginning of the 2nd taping. Overall, a thumbs up.

Brandon Burke also sent in this report from last night’s TNA iMPACT! broadcast in Chicago, IL (*CONTAINS SPOILERS*)::

11 Responses to “Live Notes From Last Night’s TNA iMPACT! In Chicago, IL”

1. purpleurkel says:

I was down on Park before seeing him live, he does work the crowd well.
    If you think about it, a seasoned wrestler who has to pretend hes a newbie…that takes some acting skills

2. HolsG says:

Haha Marylin Manson look-alike

Joseph/Abyss/Chris is under rated, amazing wrestler for the size and the fact he's a hardcore wrestler in a 'pg' show. And he can act!

• DirkB says:

It's hard to believe he's same guy that played Abyss for all those years.

• HolsG says:

I know, that's why it annoys me he's never been given a recent title shot or anything.
        Same with EY – they have mic skills, can act and can wrestle but aren't given squat

• JoeWrestling says:

He's been given a lot but as a comedy act he can't exactly hold up the main event. EY has done a lot too, they gave him the pin in the Lethal Lockdown. Isn't EY currently knockouts tag champ? A lot of people have copied EY. Even John Cena stole his double FU (picking two guys up at once) from EY when he was doing that spot long before as "Super Eric." And EY started the whole beard thing that Daniel Bryan uses. EY's also been in a lot of groups, from Team Canada, Justice Brotherhood, Frontline, World Elite.. and he's held the Global Title, TV Title, and Legends Title.. that' a lot of titles <sic>. Plus, he pioneered the Reverse Battle Royal which I also saw FCW stole that idea too and did it.

3. (CHI) NWO 4-Life WCW Guy says:

Yea like dude i left rite after the live impact didnt catch the 2nd taping but i agree with all the above statements, tna is the shit, TNA TNA TNA TNA TNA

4. Peckar says:

Rob Terry's gimmick sux. Its like a bad gimmick from the 80's. He is still terrible in the ring after all these years. Robbie E's lacky is the only thing I have seen him do okay. Stop trying to push him down our throats, he won't get over Hogan. If I am wrong I will streak down my street by years end.

• JoeWrestling says:

Maybe so, but same can be said for Ryback who does the same OVW Terminator gimmick. I just think it's funny they chant "Feed Me More" for Robbie T. He's just a comedy gimmick. Maybe next week he can be the fat chick thriller, or did Great Khali already have that.

• Peckar says:

You are probably right, but there is far better wrestlers who could do a far better comedy gimmick than that.

5. PoundOfFlesh says:

If the gentleman had a problem with the "The 7 Ft Marylin Manson look alike", then maybe he should have went up to him, and told him so.

6. JoeWrestling says:

For comparison Strikeforce drew approx 8,311 in the Sears Center.