Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 24, 2013
Magnus On Dixie Carter Noticing His Talent, Angle/Sting

Magnus On Dixie Carter Noticing His Talent, Angle/Sting

The following are highlights from a recent interview with TNA iMPACT! Wrestling star Magnus:

On talents he looked up to before getting into the business: “I looked up to Kurt in particular when I decided to be a pro wrestler, and Sting and Hulk Hogan are both characters that captured my imaginations as a kid, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be working alongside them by the time I made it to a high enough level.”

“I always dreamed of wrestling Kurt Angle, but even that was a pipe dream. So the fact that I’ve wrestled Sting and Kurt and appeared with Hulk is still surreal to me and means so much. But then to hear them publicly endorse me is one of the most gratifying feelings I have ever had. Sting was the first major name to speak up for me, and Kurt has been a supporter of mine for a long time. He’s a wonderful guy and I am so appreciative of all he has done for me and the business.”

On Dixie Carter seeing something in him early on: “Dixie saw something in me before anyone else, so in terms of how things are going for me now, I’m proud of myself and forever grateful for her for her support. I was determined not to let her down. Anytime someone takes a chance with me, I will do my absolute best to return on that faith. It was the same thing when Richard Woolfe [the former head of Sky 1] saw something in me for Gladiators that the other producers did not. And it will be the same for anyone else that sees something in me: I’ll deliver.”

Check out the complete interview online at Mirror.co.uk.

15 Responses to “Magnus On Dixie Carter Noticing His Talent, Angle/Sting”

1. DirkB says:

Dixie likes the way he looks, that's all there is to it.
    Saying that he was pretty good on Gladiators, I've caught a few bits recently and he played the mouthy heel very well.

2. ricky_No1 says:

Gotta say that i see a future heavyweight champ in Magnus. He has the all round package, Just needs more time to develop his character more.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I can't see him being champ until he fixes that bland character of his. He's well rounded in the ring, but on the mic he's dull, and his character is just as dull.

• jbcissom says:

You gotta remember, he's British. They're dry.

Seriously, to me, he's shown good mic skills back with the British Invasion and World Elite, before EY became the leader. Magnus needs to be out front parse, not in the pack, to shine.

• ricky_No1 says:

He needs some polishing, but bland is a bit strong i think. His mic skills are ok and his persona needs to be more developed. He defo has the look and like me hes english and we are just awesome lol. Guess im a bit bias.

• tnadude says:

I agree completely. I've been screaming to TNA to repackage him. They don't need to drastically alter him, just give him some form of gimmick (I'd love to see him portrayed as a ladies' man with the Blossom twins at his side), real theme music, and a more exciting entrance.

3. Roid Master says:

I like Magnus but that promo he cut last Thursday was awful. He needs to develop better mic skills if he expects to be a central character in the company.

4. jbcissom says:

Magnus is a much better heel than face. Honestly, when I saw first in the MEM, he reminded me of a young Ric Flair, sans the long blonde hair.

5. Steven kelly says:

Trouble is tna has 2 many heels for him to go bk to that at moment you got ego bully ray bromans other aces n eight for now chris sabin gail kim n now for cripes sakes jawdy lawdy even dixie carter

6. THISISASHOOT247 says:

Have yall forgotten Sheamus and John Cena? They're pretty much both running off that super face gimmick who hardly ever loses haha I'm pretty sure that's the level where TNA want to get Magnus to. The man is young and he's actually a pretty damn good wrestler. Fans need to be patient with the guy

7. purpleurkel says:

Give him the arrogant heel character… thats the only way for him to thrive.
    He bores me now

8. aos1982 says:

i think his promo's have got boring due to mem having nobody to fight.aces and 8s have run themselves out of steam and are in fighting so mem don't really serve a purpouse. i do think magnus should be getting the world title soon maybe on the uk tour next year. tna making him win on home soil would reinforce tnas uk fanbase which is pretty strong

9. UK TNA says:

It’s about time a British guy got a decent push. Magnus is doing a great job but he was better as an evil gladiator.Future World champ 4 real. Damn real.