Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 30, 2012
Major TNA Creative Plans Set & The Backstage Feeling

Major TNA Creative Plans Set & The Backstage Feeling

— The sentiment at last night’s IMPACT tapings was said to be very positive, with the feeling that the company has turned the corner on creative. Plans are mapped out several months ahead and the initial TV scripts are completed a few weeks ahead of time in order to make sure they are locked in to their plans. The overall feeling is that the long term planning is stronger than it has been in a long, long time for the company.

— Hogan has been working closely with Morgan to help him improve as a talent and personality.

22 Responses to “Major TNA Creative Plans Set & The Backstage Feeling”

1. Sturk says:

Impact Wrestling has been pretty good and the internet world is starting to kinda root for Hulk and Eric a bit now where as they were once kinda hated. But you can't deny impact…

• soulbadguy says:

2 Major storylines now. Aces and Eights and HH/Bully. Aries being such an ass is so entertaining.

• pepsilover2008 says:

3 if you count hogan/Morgan, which is somewhat major.

• Philly_Cheese says:

They still have to much going at once… Having the whole HH/Bully thing was at a bad point, and having Austin Aries be the one to reveal it was even worse. If they want multiple stories going they need to connect them to the larger one at hand. Aces & 8s are their large story right now and should've had Devon be in the place AA is in, because then it would've given connection to the larger story.

They're facing the same problem now that they have for a very long time, to many different stories going on at once. Unless it all connects together quickly somehow it'll be a fail.

• pepsilover2008 says:

I think hogan was kinda unfairly hated in TNA ( I can understand the hatred for wcw, but the moment Russo left tna, hogan seemed less about himself). The guy knows how to get someone over, look at bobby roode he wouldn't have turned heel if hogan didn't say let Kurt win.

• Peckar says:

When Kurt beat Roode it would have been Russo who put that in place before he left. People were saying back then that Russo was responsible for Roodes push. Credit where it is due is fine.

• pepsilover2008 says:

Russo was replaced by Bruce as head writer on the 6 of october and the change happened on October 16 (according to reports), so it was hogan and Bruce who made the call

• Peckar says:

the storyline was already put in place. As reported lol Best you check your History on this site.

• tnadude says:

The same history that universally credited (or more accurately blamed) Hogan for intervening in the BFG plan? Or are we talking about the push centered around Roode being a heel ( the result of Hogan's intervention)?

Or, are you really suggesting that Russo wrote the 6 month long storyline prior to his departure when he could barely plan angles long enough in advance for a monthly PPV?

Seriously dude – you need to learn to give credit where it's due. Roode is a product of Hogan / Bischoff / Pritchard. They've blown some thing for sure (Claire Lynch anyone? AJ Styles & Anderson, etc), but they deserve credit for Roode (and Storm / Aries), so just give it to them.

• Peckar says:

Get off the Hogan train, pleeeease. So yuo would have me believe that they changed the story a week before there biggest ppv of the year. It was reported here, plus other sites, which you can also check the history of that Russo put that specific storyline in place before he left. No need to make stories up and palm it off as fact to better suit your argument. Storm they can take credit for. (especially those marvelous promos). Aries can take credit for Aries. That has nothing to do with them. A block of gold falls on your lap and all of a sudden you're an ace gold miner, I don't think so. Speaking of Anderson. Where is he? the second best guy on the mic and he isn't even on tv. I am not even going to start on the things they have blown, the page isn't long enough.

2. purpleurkel says:

Planning ahead now?? :) good decision says claire

I also like where things are going !

3. Philly_Cheese says:

All depends on where things are leading, I know I'll get bashed for this but after Hardy had his whole drug problem during the PPV, it seemed so dull. I didn't really like Roode much as champion, and thought him as a heel seemed boring at times. Austin Aries was great as champion but severely lacked any really good direction as far as a storyline goes.

4. Treck says:

I got sick of all of the Hogan hate. I am not a big fan of his but after all of that Immortal garbage I feel TNA has gotten so much better and I might add I think Bi schoff has been doing great in the tv production. I feel the people who turned their backs on TNA even now do it for their hate for Hogan. But why? The cool thing to do? I feel Hogan is a changed man. Not the wcw Hogan. So I wish people wpuld respect the man more. This coming from someone who was sick of him as a wrestler. Tna has really stepped up their game of late!

5. voyaga1 says:

I have to admit that the storyline without Russo has been improving and a real suspense has been building, Keep it up TNA!

6. lowridin all day says:

Matt Morgan is the man right now….keep the character going….keep him a heel….he is the man…period….and to hell with all you internet hamsters…I see you’re still on here…little turds…

7. Treck says:

I love the X division but at the same time I feel its overrated.

8. incognitowolfe says:

I like roode/storm going back and forth and daniels/ aj saga. I could watch daniels aj storyline for 5 years straight… Both feuds are good back and forth. Just need an x-division feud, seems like kid kash is going to get an opportunity with rvd soon…

• tnadude says:

Just thinking about Daniels & Styles "1 more time" is giving me a headache. It's old and boring. It shows a lack of creativity by the creative team. Both guys deserve so much more.

Storm / Roode – same thing. What about Daniels / RVD? Styles / Ion? Roode / Anderson? Then switch it up. RVD / Anderson, Styles / Roode, Storm / Aries.

The possibilities are endless. There are a lot of other guys that I missed (Joe, Magnus, Kaz, etc.). Mix them in too. And don't forget to rotate Aces & 8s in as well. But the same feuds are being done over and over again and it's old.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Unfortunately they're doing to much at once, they have to many feuds going on at the same time. It's gotten to the point where there's some feuds currently going on that just seem to drop off because there's just to much…. Let's list the ones that have gone on in the past 30 days:
        AJ / Daniels & Kazarian
        Roode / Storm
        Joe / Magnus
        A&8s / Hogan
        Aries / Hardy
        ODB & EY / Tara & What's his name
        Hogan / Bully
        Morgan / Hogan

Seriously to much in such a short period of time.

• tnadude says:

I hear you, and to be fair to your point, I can think of some you actually missed.

But is the number of feuds an issue? ROH has al least that many, with a one hour show. They just don't all get TV time every week. I don't even remember the last time I saw Steen. My point is that the audience doesn't need to see each feud every week, they just need to be brought back up to speed and most importantly – each feud needs a conclusion.

• Philly_Cheese says:

The problem is most of these don't have a conclusion, most fans are being bombarded with so much that they can't keep track of it. Me being unable to name all the feuds shows it's a bit much. It's great they're trying to showcase their wrestlers, but do they seriously need a story behind every single last match?

9. DickTheBruiser says:

Delivery is still falling short.