Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on May 23, 2013
Matt Jackson Talks Working For TNA, & More

Matt Jackson Talks Working For TNA, & More

Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks recently spoke about their relationship with TNA and much more. Here are the highlights..

Can You Make a Living As An Independent Wrestler: Absolutely, but it’s very rare and you have to hustle! I’ll tell you, we’re en route to having our best year and that makes us feel great ‘cuz we’ve done it all on our own! There’s not a lot of money in wrestling unless you’re willing to put in the extra work. We’ve just barely started really cashing in on having merchandise, which is a huge mistake. I can’t believe we weren’t more on the ball about that. But yeah, it’s all about your brand and getting yourself over. We like to think that, since leaving TNA, we’ve become much better businessmen.

On The Relationship With TNA: When we initially left, I don’t [think] things were too great. Since then, it’s gotten a lot better. When we came recently to wrestle at the One Night Only shows, it felt right; like we were coming back home to say hi to a bunch of old friends. Everyone seemed sincere and super nice. As far as working there in the future, who really knows? I wouldn’t count it out though.

On Comparisons to The Hardys and Rockers: It’s flattering to me. The Hardys and Rockers are two of the greatest tag teams of all time. To be compared to those four is an honor. It’s obvious in watching us, that we’ve adopted their styles. I swear, Rockers/Brain Busters matches hold up to this very day. Literally, if that match was on any indy card this weekend, it’d be the best match on the show.

On Workign EVOVLE & DGUSA: Evolve and Dragon Gate are both so unique. What I like about it is the variety; so many colorful characters but with a new school outlook. The focus is on wrestling, as a sport. The best wrestlers succeed because they’re the best, not for anything that takes place after hours. I like that. It makes it an equal playing field. The best part about being in Evolve and Dragon Gate is the competition. We wrestle everywhere, for every single promotion, but the best wrestlers are here. Gabe has a real eye for talent, no doubt about it.

8 Responses to “Matt Jackson Talks Working For TNA, & More”

1. Tiffanydude says:

I miss the Young Bucks I thought they would rekindle the X Division or Tag Team Division, but TNA's shitty booking & creative team screwed it up, I hope they return they're the reason I started to watch TNA again when they appeared on Jan 4th.

2. UCEAD11 says:

A side note, i would love to see those two back in the x division. but suicide, I bet, is Lo Ki…who wants to put money on that one.

3. UCEAD11 says:

its the motions and the moves made during the match….then the rubbing of the dome that kinda gave it away…I betting that is Lo Ki…

4. UCEAD11 says:

If it were daniels or kaz they would have done the Suicide Pose a few times….then the stance he took after each move.

5. andy3323 says:

Wasn't crazy about them when they were around and the way the whole parting ways with TNA went down, but everything I have heard from them since then sounds like they have matured some more and it could give a solid boost to the tag team division. I have gone from indifferent to wanting to see them back.

6. Ultimate_X says:

love to see them come back!!

7. JoeWrestling says:

This is another reason I am enjoying these One n1ght Only shows. Looking forward to seeing Bob Holly and some of the other guys on the next one.