Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 10, 2013
Matt Morgan Comments On TNA Release, More

Matt Morgan Comments On TNA Release, More

Matt Morgan posted the following on Twitter, regarding his TNA release…

Id like to truly thank Tna for my awesome experience there along with granting me my release. This is what is best for my career&family.
— Matt Morgan (@BPmattmorgan) July 10, 2013

18 Responses to “Matt Morgan Comments On TNA Release, More”

1. Horrible move. TNA finally gave him a good storyline, with the whole anti-Hogan gimmick, and then killed it due to not being used regularly. The same thing happened when he was the tag team champions, and referred to himself as "we". I loved that angle, but it was killed off and he was misused ever since… until his surprise return.
    The pairing with Joey Ryan didn't really make sense and never really worked, but his character at that point was good and could have gone for a few World Title matches with Bully Ray. Someone in TNA kept killing all Morgan's heat and never wanted him to move up. And that's just a terrible move on their part…

2. stevontte1 says:

It's a work. He'll end up coming out & interfer in the world title match at bound for glory or destination x as the newest recruit in aces & eights.

• tnadude says:

It's always possible it's a work, and it would be cool. Still, while I like your thought, I'm not so sure this time. Last year (at about this time), Morgan was a "free agent". He returned to TNA in a similar manner (so it's been done once recently). At the time, he said he returned because he was "tired of waiting".

I took that as "tired of waiting for WWE". Especially with the Flair lawsuit. Fast forward one year. The lawsuit is gone now. Morgan can now leave TNA for WWE if he wishes to. TNA didn't push him well, making his request reasonable.

Just a guess, but I'd say he's in talks with WWE in one shape or another.

• stevontte1 says:

That could be the case, but if it's true about him being in talks with wwe he will have an even longer wait for a title shot & he may not even get past midcard statis . He may wind up being another tensi.

• brahbrah69 says:

Gotta disagree here I think the WWE would push the shit out of morgan vince likes bigger guys plus tensi character was dead as soon as he took of the hood and everyone seen it was albert it made the whole the a joke

• ToledoDavid says:

It would be great if it were a work, but I'm with you, as far as this time, probably not. It's too hard to figure out what the real plan is with the iwc getting all this info.

• tna24 says:

i doubt that will happen. in this point in time i dont think tna going to add any new As & 8 members. i could be wrong.that just what i think

3. Kyle says:

Way underrated. Huge loss for tna

4. HolsG says:

Have barely seen him since his return from OVW (same as Crimson) :(

Judging by it, he left because he wasn't being booked – they could have put him on an open contract instead so he could still work

5. TheMiwyun says:

Why would he go back to WWE? sO THEY CAN GIVE HIM ANOTHER SHITTY STUTTER GIMMICK?! They are just feeing up enough money by releasing stars so they can afford Goldberg

Goldberg is coming…

6. Orlando013 says:

I agree with genetic_mistake…I think this was a BIG mistake by TNA letting this guy go. I don't care what you all think about him as a Pro Wrestler, person, or Character, but Matt Morgan was not used correctly and I find it hard to believe that they could not give this guy another push like they did a few years back only this time as a heel. Granted, his mic skills weren't great, but neither were AJ Styles or James Storm in their early careers. They gave up on him too soon. Bad move on TNA's part. I also disagree that a heel vs. heel main event wouldn't work. I can recall a Main Event in a WCW Starcade when Ric Flair defended the tile against a then heel Lex Luger and it went over very well. I hope with is a work, but my gut tells me no.

7. Orlando013 says:

OMG…if they want to free up some money they can start with Hogan and his dumb ass daughter, for God's sake. I don't know why Dixie is in love with this guy, business wise of course. I understand he still gets huge pops at house shows and live arenas, but he can't draw ratings or PPV buys anymore and this is what Dixie doesn't get.

8. piro4351 says:

Dixie is as dumb as a rock, thats why she ll let Hogan drag TNA down the tube for eternity..Eric Bischoff is fine, hes getting a lot of sht done behind the scenes..but Hogan is exclusively on screen ''talent'' and has long overstayed his use/welcome.

9. Mutter5 says:

When he was trying to get in the original MEM i really liked him…. but now he bores the living shit out of me!

10. RavenNevermore says:

Morgan is boring and repetitive and has the charisma of a stone. I cannot believe people think this was a mistake by TNA.

• tnadude says:

They're stuck on his potential. Problem is, he's had 6 years to reach it and hasn't been able to. You can argue he hasn't been booked well. But regardless of how well you're booked, you need to be able to run with it – and he hasn't.

These same people knock EY. EY has had some of the worst gimmicks in history, yet has always been incredibly over with the fans. That's the mark of a true professional.

11. andy3323 says:

He'll come back with Crimson and others during an OVW invasion….ok, no idea where that came from but you never know.