Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 24, 2013
Matt Morgan Explains Why He Was Loyal To TNA

Matt Morgan Explains Why He Was Loyal To TNA

Matt Morgan recently spoke with The Miami Herald about his TNA run and more. Check out the highlights:

On why he was loyal to TNA: “These were friends of mine that worked for WWE who would say to me, ‘You need to get your butt over here and quit wasting your time with TNA.’ My answer to that would always be, ‘I feel loyal to this company. They were very good to me. They still are good to me. They are letting me be myself on television.’ They have control creatively and all that, but at the end of the day it’s my decision of what I do on that television. That is every wrestler’s dream. Other guys aren’t as lucky. So the loyalty was a very big factor.”

On his child-to-be changing his outlook on life: “It’s me needing to be a hell of a lot more greedy and me having to do certain things to provide for my child. I’m already thinking that way, and the child hasn’t even been born yet. When I left TNA, a lot of that was having a child. It changed my outlook immediately as soon as I knew we had a kid on the way. I wasn’t planning on any of this. As soon as we knew the kid was coming, I can’t explain it. It’s just a different feeling you get. A set of nerves set in and asking yourself what you are going to do to provide for that kid. I’m also responsible for my mother and my wife along. Being responsible for three other dependents, you have to think more long-term.”

17 Responses to “Matt Morgan Explains Why He Was Loyal To TNA”

1. jbcissom says:

At least he's being honest about it being about money… without blatantly saying it's about money.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

True. However, I can't help but question why he would quit his job when he has a child on the way. Money must be good in the Morgan family bank account.

• The Boss says:

Money??? Oh yeah, didn’t we used to have that before Obama ruined the economy?

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I've had money the whole time Obama has been in office, so you slacker morons are simply doing something wrong. It was nice of you to bring that up on a wrestling message board. What a douchebag.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Gotta love how people blame the president for the bad economy… Guess what, we're in a capitalist economy! No one in the government has any control over the economy what so ever. We don't live in a socialist or communist country where the government has control over the economy. Our economy is bad because banks gave out loans they shouldn't have, the banks began to sink under, and did massive damage to the economy, and reduced the value of the US dollar heavily.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Those factoids aside, let's face it. Most of these "Obama haters" are simply redneck white folk that hate having a black president. All the crazy shit Bush did and these folks want to crucify Obama, after being in absolute defense mode for an entire 8 years that the G.W. show was on the air. Pathetic. They hate "the black man" so much that they do nonsensical things like bring it up in a discussion involving Matt Morgan. Simply amazing.

• jbcissom says:

Just so you know, people want to "crucify" Obama, because he's doing the same stuff Bush did, campaigning and promising to do the exact opposite.

Regardless of the color of his skin, he's just another sleazy politician like the others in D.C.

Let's keep the discussion about more positive things, like Matt Morgan 😉

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Bla, bla, bla and Bill Clinton screwed some whore with a cigar. I really couldn't care less. Politics are nothing more than a mask for screwing over the common person.

• JoeWrestling says:

Yes, eight years of George Bush was bliss. What's the point of this?

• jbcissom says:

Well, in all honesty, Obamacare is going to be the defining moment for Obama, not OBL's assassination. And that's speaking volumes.

But I agree in this aspect, let's keep this wrestling related.

• Luchador says:

he probably thought E was going to hire him and now he wants to go back to TNA

2. JoeWrestling says:

WWE doesn't want him. They have a huge number of large guys they cut over the years from FCW.

• DirkB says:

Morgan has already worked for WWE, they don't need to train him up, he can go straight on tv and is good enough to do the job. Matt could work a TNA crowd, imagine what he could do with a crowd the size WWE gets.

3. RealCreative says:

I wwwwwwwwonder ififififififififif the wrestlers who who who who who tri tri tri tried to tell Mmmmmmmmmmmat to jump ship that the wwe had a sssssssstutter role for him…..

4. ricky_No1 says:

Hes full of crap. Only reason hes saying hes loyal is WWE dont want him. Personality of a plank of wood.

5. The Spectacular Crimson Spider says:

You guys are smoking that RVD if think Matt Morgan is a sorry wrestler. His Mic silks aren’t bad and his in ring ability is better than any big man I’ve seen in the last few years with the exception of Bam Bam Bigelow (R.I.P.) I don’t know who’ve you been watching but TNA fucked up when they let go of him and Anderson. Those two could’ve made a great tag team. They could’ve been the Giant Assholes, A-holes INC., They sky would’ve been the limit! Fact is, Matt Morgan is good wrestler with decent Mic skills and can play the heel role better than the face role.