Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 1, 2013
Mickie James Declines To Comment On Her TNA Status

Mickie James Declines To Comment On Her TNA Status

Kenny McIntosh passed along this recap.

Mickie James joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday to talk wrestling and music. Here are the highlights:

On her status with TNA:

“I mean I really don’t know. I’m not at liberty to say. I’m sure people can figure it out.”

On Impact going on the road and the differences between the road and Orlando:

“Obviously there’s a huge difference. When we were in Orlando, you had vacationers but typically we had the same audience, the same hardcore audience that would come to every taping. I mean that was a cool factor but now being on the road, it’s different, the fans feel like they’re part of the show because it’s in their hometown, they’re gonna get a chance to get seen on TV ya know. I think it’s a great difference. You can see the energy of the show has changed, watching on TV and live, it transforms you as a performer. You feed off it I think.”

Thoughts on AJ character and comparisons to her WWE character in 2005:

“You know I’ve heard that and I’ve seen that. I feel like they’ve done it a bit different which is good because obviously you don’t want to do it the same.I did get a chance to see her segments with Stephanie backstage and things people have Tweeted me whether it’s mashups or different things. It’s a cool thing. Obviously we did something right the first time or you wouldn’t want to do it again with a different angle.”

To hear the full chat where Mickie also discusses getting into country music, playing heel and face, reflecting on the Trish Stratus feud, working with Lita during her last WWE run and more head to http://www.facebook.com/theinsidenetwork

6 Responses to “Mickie James Declines To Comment On Her TNA Status”

1. Luchador says:

maybe she will re-sign

• Philly_Cheese says:

It sounds like by her reaction that she's still negotiating with TNA about the pay issue. It would be poor business ethics for her to talk contractual finances to anyone not relating to the matter.

2. RealFiregod says:

I seem to be one of the few who really likes Mickie James. I personally think she is a great wrestler in the ring and I love seeing her perform.

TBH her mic skills are so so, but she can put on a good match.

I hope she gets resigned and they start to build up the KO division again.

• tnadude says:

Actually, I think most of us are fans of hers. The "noise" you're hearing is really surrounding the her pay situation. Many people feel she was low-balled (they're obviously fans as well). Many feel she was made a fair offer (they're not necessarily haters either).

And a few of us (me anyway) are conflicted. Regardless though – she's a great talent.

3. TheMiwyun says:

YOU ALREADY TOLD US THIS YOU BUNCH OF DOYLES. #gOLDBERG

4. Leg Drop Jobber says:

Mickie is great as a heel. It seems the KO's division is in need of good heels, other than Gail Kim. If not Mickie, they'll need somebody.