Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 31, 2013
More On AJ Styles’ New Short-Term TNA Contract

More On AJ Styles’ New Short-Term TNA Contract

AJ Styles has signed a three-month contract extension with TNA according to a source.

The promo that Styles cut on last night’s 8/29 iMPACT! Wrestling was described as something he “came up with and wrote” to explain his character change on television over the last year.

Styles’ deal with TNA was set to expire shortly.

35 Responses to “More On AJ Styles’ New Short-Term TNA Contract”

1. TheBringer92 says:

So theyve got him till around after Bound For Glory and will still be in talks as well?

2. deke43 says:

For the sake of Tna lock him down

3. HolsG says:

I really hope they get him re-signed on a proper deal. He deserves the best TNA can offer, even though he's getting old for a wrestler he's still phenomenal.

It him who got me into wrestling so i'm going to follow him where ever he goes

• Mutter5 says:

even though I want him to stay in TNA, I have to be honest (as a wrestling fan, not brand fan) it would be very interesting to see him in wwe. provided they used him right. Some dream matches could come true

• ricky_No1 says:

Are you mad? The TNA marks will be wishing you dead just for thinking that lol

• Mutter5 says:

AJ v Bryan
          AJ V Punk
          AJ v Antonio Cesaro
          AJ V Ziggler
          Even AJ V Del Rio would be a good watch…. either way, like i said as a WRESTLING fan (and not a brand fan) I would love to see the above matches.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

You don't understand. As amazing as all of those matches could possibly be, the TNA-scrotum slurpers that occupy this site's comment board are going to have thumbs down seizures on your ass if you speak the truth like that around here!!!

• hangers says:

I would love to see those matches too and think its time for AJ and TNA to have a break..

• ricky_No1 says:

You misunderstood me. I am in agreement with you. I would love to see AJ and punk in the same ring because im a wrestling fan not a brand fan,as i have said many times

• Mutter5 says:

That wasn't a shot at you, it was aimed at the guys who claim to be wrestling fans but rubbish everything that isn't TNA.

4. saintbailey says:

5. Peckar says:

Best promo he cut in a long time. Crowd didn't know whether to cheer him or boo him though lol.

6. Cezar_TheScribe says:

Three months? That's not good.

• Luis says:

It depends on how much he is getting for those 3 month? Maybe that will be the next headline until AJ signs 1 million 2 year deal? Or how bout AJ Gets offered 2 million 1 year deal

7. RavenNevermore says:

They will extend it.they needed to do something asap. Now they have three months to come up with something and I believe they will.

8. JoeWrestling says:

I don't know why we are involved in the contract negotiations. I think they will handle it without our input.

9. Vampirofan says:

I think TNA could survive without AJ… But they would seriously need to push some of their other talents, like Samoa Joe and James Storm, give them some decent storylines and some main event matches. I do love AJ but TNA are definitely more than just him.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Survive? Maybe. However, it would be hard to replace "the face of TNA," especially considering there aren't that many "been there since the beginning" guys left! You have to consider the fact that even when AJ was booked in the worst possible angles in pro wrestling history, anyone that knew TNA STILL considered him THE FACE OF TNA.

• Vampirofan says:

I totally agree… But if they don't put the belt on him at BFG I can't see what else they can do with him. And that's why I said they need to push some of the other guys who have been there for years. But have you noticed how the old guard are being misused lately? James Storm, Samoa Joe, even Bobby Roode has fallen flat since going out of the title picture. These are the ones that helped build this company and they deserve to be given decent storylines. Either that or pass the torch.

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I'm not a Storm fan, but they wasted all that time they spent building the guy. I really thought the pairing of Aries and Roode was an attempt to put a couple main eventers in the tag division in an attempt to revive it. However, that wasn't the case. I can't remember the last time Joe was given anything worthwhile. It's been at least a few years. Pass the torch to who?

• brahbrah69 says:

Yeah push somoa joe and see what happens you joe marks are oblivious to the average viewer….I have a friend i thats a wwe fan to watch tna and as soon as somoa joe came on hes like who the fuck is that fat piece of shit

• Vampirofan says:

I suppose you would put the same argument towards Bam Bam Bigelow and Van Vader? Your WWE friend should watch Joe's matches with CM Punk in ROH.

10. Doz24 says:

AJ is TNA…The F#$ked up part is TNA doesn't know it!!!

11. RavenNevermore says:

Tna knows it

12. RavenNevermore says:

We do not know what is truly going on. Neither does any site. We cannot always believe what we hear. There is a smear factor and will always be a smear factor to the second most profit making company in wrestling. Sad but true. So I do not act like I know what is truly going on

13. Stunner says:

WHAT ??? TNA is just waiting until after AJ gets the title to give him a new contract then AJ and A double will feud. I’m more interested in where TNA is going with the Aces&eights storyline .

• Vampirofan says:

Nowhere hopefully! Aces and Eights storyline has been bad for a long time now, as much as I liked the idea of it, the faction has never really taken off.

14. tnafan36 says:

go aj keep him tna hes an original

15. J12 says:

Would love to see A.J as IC champ if A.J does jump ship. He could have some great TLC matches with CM Punk or Randy Orton or even a possible R.V.D vs A.J Styles storyline.

16. Dennis D says:

TNA is using this as a promotional ploy. You guys are biting on this, HOOK. LINE. AND SINKER. AJ isn’t leaving and it’s not even debatable. His promo on the last iMPACT was more than just proof. It was exactly like CM Punk’s shoot promo when he claimed he was “taking the belt with him” (only to return shortly thereafter).

Don’t be surprised if AJ does the same thing. This “short term” contract is just another storyline trick. Like when Devon claimed he was leaving, only to show up at BFG. AJ and TNA have most likely agreed to a long term deal and are working the fine print.

Isn’t it funny how this short term deal ends shortly after BFG? TNA is using this as a storyline!

• Vampirofan says:

More than likely. I really can't see any other outcome at BFG other than AJ Styles beating Bully Ray for the title and ending the whole Aces&Eights thing. But what makes this work so well is that we don't know one way or another whether this is real or not.