Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 1, 2012
More On Major TNA Creative Plans & The Future

More On Major TNA Creative Plans & The Future

With Lockdown being announced for March, TNA is reportedly planning for the show already. Currently the plan is to have Jeff Hardy face Austin Aries for the TNA World Title unless there is a big change in direction or someone else who becomes super-hot between now and then. Hardy is being featured in the advertising for Lockdown, which seems to suggest that TNA is confident that Hardy will re-sign with the company. TNA is said to be very high on Austin Aries.

The other big match is Lethal Lockdown, which is reportedly planned as a TNA vs. Aces and 8s match. Wes Brisco is said to be planned as an Aces and 8s member and the storyline would be that Brisco “earned” his contract because of D-Lo Brown, who would be revealed as a member of the stable. This would be the reveal for the storyline where management is trying to figure out who the “mole” is. The idea is that the match would feature Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and Joseph Park/Abyss vs. Devon, D.O.C., Wes Brisco, Garett Bischoff, and a fifth member (potentially D-Lo unless he plays a Team Captain role).

19 Responses to “More On Major TNA Creative Plans & The Future”

1. soyfenomenal says:

garret bischoff can piss off.

2. HolsG says:

This storyline with aces and 8's is just going on, think i only like it as i'm hoping it's going to end with JJ being revealed as the leader.

• SageStinger says:

As much as I hate JJ, I hope you're right. He makes the most sense. And I hope they reveal soon, cause it is starting to drag on.

• pepsilover2008 says:

Well bishoff would make just as much sense, but tna has already shown us they are ready to throw us curveballs with this storyline.

3. Steven kelly says:

Nah i like the slow burners just hope payoffs HUGE

4. Dante_Cross says:

God I hope Jarrett is the leader– otherwise none of this will make much sense…

5. SammartinoJC says:

I don't know but wouldn't it be crazy if the leader turned out to be Abyss?
    It would explain where he's been and why everyone where masks?
    Just a thought….it probably will be Jarrett

6. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray and Abyss vs. Devon, D.O.C., Wes Brisco, Garett Bischoff, D'lo
    Yeah those teams are totally fair ^^

7. Get_Carter says:

I am enjoying the constant twists of the A&8s story line but this completely discredits the 'Gut Check' process. Gut Check is supposed to be 100% shoot and be for amateurs looking for their big break. I will give a pass to TNA on the Joey Ryan stunt as it was entertaining and kept us all guessing. My worry is that TNA will lean on Gut Check too much to get story lines going or to bring talent in that have already been signed. Overall, I think Gut Check is a great concept. I just hope that TNA doesn't muddy the waters too much by mixing actual contestants and story line fodder together.

• tnadude says:

I'm with you. I like the segment, but it's only as good as it is perceived to be a shoot. I get that they can't add 12 wrestlers a year, so just be more selective, and maybe even give someone a second chance every now and again.

8. Ibra says:

I like that tna is going to give Aries another shot of the world title and if he does get it I could see him winning the belt and holding it till bound for glory cause u can’t let hardy beat Aries in all three championship matches especially since Aries is the way better wrestler and makes everyone he faces bring there A game everytime.

9. Kyle says:

Isn’t Hardy’s contract up in Janurary? They must be very confident for them to keep the title on him till then.

10. WolfLair76 says:

I have a few Indy women wrestlers I would like to see in the Knock division Christi Ricci and Mischief two of the best indy female wrestlers around plus Mischief is tough as they come could do some hardcore styling matches with her and ODB be a great feud between those two and CHRISTI RICCI all she does is win titles know matter where she wrestles ends up being the womens champion plus has a great look that would fit perfectly with knock division surprised she hasn't been signed already by TNA knot only can she wrestle but has the kind of look the Knocks are known to have I would love to see a feud between her and Mickie James.

11. toddmikki says:

this is looking awesome, cant wait for Lockdown!

12. Sturk says:

I could careless if they cut down on ppv's. Most of TNA ppvs even with the good wrestling action they put on are pointless. They are just rematches lol…… Aries will battle Hardy for awhile on the pay per views then Hardys next challenger will battle him for 2 or 3 ppv's etc etc. So i'm good with them kicking some to the curve.

13. FazeYNWA says:

I had a feeling that D-lo Brown was part of it.
    from the very first attack on Sting the site mentioned Dlo as a attacker but i assumed just to make up numbers not really a character.
    however a few months ago when Hogan was deciding to 'LOCK OUT' the aces n eights with a metting with tna offiials in his office dixie,bruce,dlo etc. Dlo said for Hogan to let Aces8s IN to fight them BUT i guess really wanted Acesn8s to have access.
    as we knw that Wes Brisco will be revealed as a member it seems Dlo put himself as a judge so he is SURE the wes gets a YES.

the BIG Acesn8s guy the main guy with the 'Banes' voice i THINK is Dlo as if you look at their body they look very similer Big and very stubby n stocky with a BIG funny shaped head. Look at Dlo during the Gutcheck n look at the Acesn8s guy they look very similar.
    This story can go far BUT TNA need to spice it up meantime, get some progress.

F5