Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 2, 2013
More On Tito Ortiz’s Return To TNA Last Night

More On Tito Ortiz’s Return To TNA Last Night

Tito Ortiz appearing on iMPACT! was done in order to help promote the upcoming PPV fight with Rampage Jackson.

It’s a Bellator/TNA cross-over deal similar to King Mo and Rampage Jackson. SpikeTV is the one pushing for this stuff to happen as it’s very smart for business no matter how much fans b*tch and moan about it.

19 Responses to “More On Tito Ortiz’s Return To TNA Last Night”

1. Mr. Excitement says:

Very true. Now let's see if it actually helps with PPV buys.

2. jflegler says:

Smart for business when the fans that b1tch and moan are those that tune into the product every week?

Just take a look at #August1Warning on Twitter, a needle in a haystack is easier to find than a thumbs up on Ortiz.

Here is a sample poll of the August1Warning reveal:

Pass 10% – 32
    Fail 90% – 273
    305 votes total

• TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

You're just upset because you (by which i mean we) were wrong! lol
      I misinterpreted the 3rd video where it says " i am not someone that 99% of you haven't heard of"- thought he meant that only 1% of people had heard of him.
      But yes, it was a fail, but everyone knew it would be as well

• tnadude says:

Polls from PW Torch are hardly scientific. They don't reach the average viewer. Half of the people in the IWC want Davey Richards to be WHC.

Spike knows more than you (or I) do. They've got access to much more data.

The sooner you recognize it the better off you'll be.

• jflegler says:

Granted, that was just a small sample, but how skewed do you really think that they are? Do you really believe that if a poll went out to all viewers it would be MUCH different?

…and NO, Spike does NOT know more about what "I" or "you" want to see then "we". How can you honestly say that Spike TV knows what I like more than I do? Absurd and it sounds like a brainwash to me.

I have been VERY optimistic for almost 7 years, and have ALWAYS backed the product through the good and the very bad – Ortiz was just the last straw for me. How dare you assume that I need to just recognize that they know best for me and drop it? If we all just let this go, and not voice our opinions of the product to the source, we may not have a TNA to watch every Thursday.

• tnadude says:

I get your point completely. It's just that guys like us are the minority. Use the terms "mark" or "troll" or "IWC" if you will. Most view those as insults though. I think they arr realistic descriptions of anyone who posts on a dirt board.

Regardless, we don't represent the masses. Spike knows who the masses are better than we do. That's what I was referring to (although I clearly rushed my explanation due to this friggin' Kindle). The masses are more likely to go to their office water cooloers and saying "Holy $hit, Tito Ortiz is a rassler''.

Is it a long-term fix. No. Only the nWo truly ever provided that kind of spark. But it's a good shot-in-the arm so to speak.

BTW – it's nice having someone around who can clearly and intelligently articulate their points. We may not always agree, but if we all agreed on everything we'd all leave anyway :)

• jflegler says:

Adversity brings resolution – an initiation for the search of a win-win situation.

ALL opinions need to be voiced, those that remain unheard will be discounted. A disregarded follower will be subjected to the agreement of those whom were opinionated. In short, tnadude, if you do not speak your mind, you will be forced into standards set by those "deemed" as the majority. 😉

• CKinzu says:

It's not a fail because it's Ortiz though. It's fail because they did nothing with his reveal. Imagine how much better it would have been if Ortiz came through the crowd and jumped in the ring and cleared it out before coming face to face with Rampage. Ortiz then smirks and puts on an Ace's and Eights jacket.

I mean when all your big reveal does is walk out half way down the ramp and cross their arms as the show goes off the air it's going to fail no matter who it was outside of a major star like Stone Cold or the Undertaker. Imagine if when Lesner came back all he did was walk half way out and smirk before the show ended. The WWE thankfully is not quite that dumb and always has Lesner come back and destroy someone. It just makes things more interesting when your big surprise moment actually contributes to something.

3. Luis says:

They should sign a wrestler with quality in getting people in the arena

I find it extremly insulting this “news” report is attacking the outrage we TNA fans are in! It’s a disgrace to watch these has beens in the MAIN EVENT! We want wrestling that is why I watch TNA AND NOT THE UFC LET ALONE some underdog promotion on Spike. I under stand cross promotional I liked PAcman jones and was for the NASCAR drivers, but adding all these former UFC artists will add to TNA or will it give that other promotion the benifit! TNA should leave Spike if this is their fault because real fans want to see good stories and good wrestling something these people can’t bring in… Watching Rampage in the MEM makes me cringe but I accepted it because I supported TNA since day 1 this crap is insulting, and i think it’s sad they built up Tito more than they do with their own stars. Sad day! Good thing the WWE is running strong.

5. nicholal79 says:

TNA has no control over their own product anymore! Viacom has taken complete control of TNA!

6. Mutter5 says:

so is he gonna fight for TNA or is he just going to promote his MMA through TNA?

7. whatsup121 says:

it'll be good if they sent bully ray to Tito's MMA fight to trash talk him before or after the fight to keep up with the storyline

• jflegler says:

Unfortunately, I think that you will only see a one-sided cross promotion of product. I hope that I am wrong.

• whatsup121 says:

I don't know both Dixie and have gone to see Bellatore , but your probably rightSent from my iPhone

• jflegler says:

The problem with Bully being at a Bellator event is that the storyline (trash talking) could be a "real" distraction, not a kayfabe one. Since there may be a large purse at stake, not to mention a fighter's well-being, I doubt that they will throw something perceived as "fake" into a serious business; hence, the one-sided cross promotion of product.

8. tsoutheast says:

Understand that SPIKE TV owns a stake in Bellator. TNA ratings continue to stall and SPIKE knows without them TNA has no other TV options.