Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 1, 2012
More On TNA Cutting Back On Their PPV Events

More On TNA Cutting Back On Their PPV Events

As previously reported, two TNA PPVs will be cut from TNA’s 2013 lineup. The Against All Odds (February) and No Surrender (September) will be cut, meaning that there will be two months between Genesis and Lockdown and then two months between Hardcore Justice and Bound For Glory.

This would change the 2013 Bound for Glory series, as the semi-finals and finals were held at No Surrender and the matches would likely take place on Impact instead. This would allow them to have a big episode of iMPACT! to set up their main PPV in BFG.

7 Responses to “More On TNA Cutting Back On Their PPV Events”

1. nobalkain says:

I like this. I miss the old days when it was only 4 PPV a year. It allows for more build up and I don't have to pick and choose what I can afford to watch.

2. HolsG says:

Kind of gutted, i always look foward to ppv's and now i've got a bigger wait.
    But they don't bring in money so can understand the cut, they could have tried by giving them meaning like hardcore justice- hardcore
    lockdown – cages
    slammiversarys – anniversary

• ariesstormjoe says:

bound for glory?

i like the idea of cutting the number of ppvs because it allows for bigger build up. ppvs are good as long as the quality of matches and story are good. i think tna managed to keep the quality of matches high through a year but they could do better with storylines. also less ppvs gives importance and makes ppvs more special.

• Dirk1n says:

I'm with you on this one, I'm not sure gimmick PPVs are/were the way to go but I'm going to miss having a PPV every 4-5 weeks

3. tnadude says:

Hopefully they do a mega-impact show on Sunday night in the PPV slot. The more people are used to watching TNA in that slot, the more they will buy PPVs. It also would give the show a more important feel, kind of like the old Saturday Night's Main Event from years past.

4. 123garrett says:

I love this idea. More time to build the pay-per-views. Makes them more anticipated.

Maybe add another TV show.

5. jbcissom says:

I'm think 2014, even more will be cut. TNA's main source of income is spiketv. TNA gets hardly any income from PPVs. TNA is probably losing money doing so many PPVs. This move would make Open Fight Night really special. Same for Gut Check.