Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 31, 2013
More On TNA Taking iMPACT! On The Road

More On TNA Taking iMPACT! On The Road

Source: The Wrestling Observer

ORIGINAL: As previously reported, Dixie Carter posted to Twitter promising a “major announcement” on Thursday’s episode of iMPACT!. The announcement will reportedly be TNA taking iMPACT! on the road this year.

Whether the promotion will still occasionally return to the Impact Zone is unknown as of this writing. The plan is for the company to hold a live episode of iMPACT! and tape the following week’s show right afterward, similar to how WWE did things in the early days of RAW.

The announcement will be a pre-taped video segment from Dixie as nothing aired overseas when iMPACT! was taped last week.

UPDATE: The announcement from TNA President Dixie Carter will be that iMPACT! Wrestling episode tapings will be on the road gong forward. The plan is to broadcast one live episode and tape another episode the same night. iMPACT! will still be taped in Orlando as well.

The first taping will be on Thursday 3/14 in Hoffman Estates, IL at the Sears Centre Arena where TNA has run before. There is also talk of running a pay-per-view there as well.

23 Responses to “More On TNA Taking iMPACT! On The Road”

1. Mr. Excitement says:

2. Treck says:

3. DJBIGCG says:

This is good news for tna

4. Dante_Cross says:

I dunno. I mean, wouldn't the fans leave after the first show? Or at least a good amount? I recall TNA did the two shows in a row when they were in Fairfax or either Virginia or North Carolina, and I don't recall how many people left, but wouldn't four hours of straight wrestling be a bit much? Plus the fans may become disenchanted come the second half where the wrestlers have to act like it's a whole new week. It'd be kind of weird for the fans like "I just saw you out here like twenty minutes ago". Then again, people stay long hours for football and basketball so i dunno. I'm just rambling really but if someone has a word or few please do.

• WARISNAUGHTY says:

Either way it will be interesting. Interesting because it will work. Or interesting because it won't.

• Philly_Cheese says:

That was my thought, I know people don't want to hear this… but I really don't think going on the road is going to do much for TNA, it didn't do anything last time so what will be any different this time around?

• hamrajsingh says:

No 4 hours is fine. I was at Wembley last week and I enjoyed the show. started at 7.30 and finished about 10.30 11ish. The way they do the taping, even though you seen whats going to happen, you dont see the Full show as in the backstage vignette are not shown, to tie the whole show together, so you do still need to watch Impact on Thursdays to see what happens.

I think this is great news for TNA and the step in the right direction. Maybe next year they will do TV tapings on a fort night bases and then maybe within the next 5 years they can have Live impact on the road every week !

Good luck to them, Im routing for them, like I have done since 2003!

• JoeWrestling says:

No, these are actual wrestling fans, not TV show fans like the others. I've sat through 6-8 hours of tapings at shows, nobody leaves.

5. Luis says:

Couple years ago I said on this site TNA should sign RVD and put him in a match against AJ Styles Live on Impact and my wish was granted…i also said TNA should Tape 2 shows in 1 night n 1 show being Live and the next thing u kno hey Dixie granted my wish…Just letting everyone kno that believe it or not they are listening…i also said myself if TNA does not hire someone like Bischoff n Hogan they were doomed n I guess they were listening again

6. ricky_No1 says:

Getting a full impact zone is one thing but a crowd paying for seats is another. Just like going live was a mistake so is going on the road. I just dont belive its the right time. Good luck to TNA anyway

• jbcissom says:

How in the blue hell is going live a mistake? I'm hoping you meant moving the show to Monday nights. Going live has helped Impact! in so many ways. I hate the douche, but Perez Hilton f'n covered TNA Impact! over the Hogan-Ray wedding fiasco. That wouldn't have happened had the show been taped.

• JoeWrestling says:

You say it's not the right time, but likely Spike is contributing to the costs. They want to promote Bellator, and if TNA ratings are 10-20% higher for the lead end, it's worth it to them. It's a TV show on a network, they do what the network wants. It's not just a business, there are probably people at Spike who have huge personal money interests in Bellator being seen as a "success" and getting their bonuses. Even if it's a big flop in the long term, they will make decisions to profit for themselves in the short term.

• ricky_No1 says:

I agree with your comments concerning the network but i just dont think they will put people in seats. I do think the impact zone is killing TNA none the less

7. Sturk says:

Very excited as a fan about this. I'm always confused as to why fans get on comments and worry about if Impact can fill seats etc etc things that DONT have anything to do with a FAN. How can you enjoy the product if you are constantly acting like work for them & trying to act like you know more about the business than they do? WHICH YOU DONT lol. I just be trying to enjoy it like I did as a kid. Let TNA handle the promotion side of things. AS fans we should just enjoy it when we go to the shows. How many empty seats there is has nothing to do with me & my enjoyment of the event.

8. Stunner says:

WOW if this works ! VKM will have to do something, I mean this could force the WWE to change which will be good for the fans! I will give credit where credit is due, TNA has come along way !

9. kaecyus says:

I believe this image may convey my response.

It was a rolling cinegraph of Yes! signs. Damn you IntenseDebate

10. annil8or4321 says:

so close to me yet still so far, this is the way wwf did it i think tna will benefit from being on the road

11. bik100 says:

They better get advertising.