Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 22, 2011
More On Why Karen & Jeff Jarrett Were ‘Fired’

More On Why Karen & Jeff Jarrett Were ‘Fired’

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Here are some more details on the departures of Karen and Jeff Jarrett from TNA programming.

Jeff Jarrett is taking “time off” because he is working on several projects outside of TNA iMPACT!. Jarrett is in charge of TNA’s new promotion in India and is also trying to get the All Wheels Wrestling show picked up by the Speed Channel. He’s got numerous meetings with network executives in the coming weeks.

As far as Karen Jarrett is concerned, she needs surgery on her foot and will be sidelined several months due to this.

Sting is expected to name a new head of the Knockouts division in the coming weeks.

9 Responses to “More On Why Karen & Jeff Jarrett Were ‘Fired’”

1. dsd7x says:

Do we really need a "head of knockouts?"
    I liked it better before as the knockouts did everything on their own.

• Pipboy86 says:

I agree. It adds nothing to the product anymore. The backstage power angle character has been completely played out in professional wrestling since the days of crooked NWO Eric Bischoff and the Evil Mr McMahon character. 99% percent of it always follows the same script of being a douchebag heel who screws over the babyfaces or a fun babyface authority figure who sticks it to the heels in reverse. I'm even kind of tired of the down the middle role like Cornette is currently doing in ROH or similarly like what the head of the TNA championship committee used to be. It's all played out. Wrestling needs a break from it.

• Pipboy86 says:

If they really wanted to do something unique that hasn't been overdone to death in a while. They need to start bringing back the concept of managers. James Mitchell was a treat to watch in TNA. He took Abyss who was a boring Lackey of Kid Kash and made him into a really enjoyable Monster…er Weapon of Mass Destruction. Truth Martini is currently one of my favorite characters in wrestling because although he's not even close to being a great manager, he's sleazy enough to make him believably able to put some interest into the programs he is involved in. I could think think of so many good uses for a guy like Archibald Peck in a manager role, it's not even funny.

2. Holsg says:

Traci! But I can see it being melina with her denial lol

3. locktite says:

I am just glad these guys are leaving. Jeff is a no talent hack and Carl is an ugly no talent hack , born a man.

• phinneus says:

Jarrett is consistently the best heel in the business. But looking at your post, I don't even know why I am responding to the immaturity of it.

4. Dudeguyman131 says:

I don't know what happened to Karen's foot… Why does she need surgery???

I posted before that maybe the AAA storyline might become more evident, but with the new knowledge of him with the TNA India project, he'll be busy for a while… At least till the brand has been established and well running… Hope to see him back though.

5. ToledoDavid says:

I agree with the posters that feel a head of knockouts is totally pointless…Karen and Madison are very good as pushy, screaming characters, but a little goes a loonnngg way!