Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Feb 26, 2013
MVP Gone From NJPW – Open To WWE Or TNA?

MVP Gone From NJPW – Open To WWE Or TNA?

MVP posted the following today on Twitter…

“I informed NJPW that I would no longer accept dates. I would like to thank @njpw1972 for allowing me to realize a dream! I love Japan and will forever be grateful. I left on good terms as always.

I WILL return to wrestling eventually. The door is open for a return to WWE, NJPW, and even TNA. However my focus now is developing my TV show.”

18 Responses to “MVP Gone From NJPW – Open To WWE Or TNA?”

1. CaptainN says:

Please, stay away from TNA……I can’t stand this guy !

2. UCEAD11 says:

Great worker, but not a real good fit for impact wrestling. Unless of course he is coming in to wrestle rather than perform. Impact wrestling is more in ring rather than choreographed dancing. The other thing I have noticed as well is the fact that when impact wrestlers go for their finishing moves they dont always work. That I appreciate because it keeps the fan interested rather than to say….well here's the end of this match.

3. Tiffanydude says:

Didn't MVP hate TNA?

• Dante_Cross says:

Well he was in Japan, and I do believe they favor TNA over WWE, least the wrestlers would since TNA has given many NJPW wrestlers exposure. So his views could have been swayed.

• Tiffanydude says:

Good Point, I really don't mind imo i think he'll be a good addition to the X Division b/c last time I remember he was very quick and agile and probably picked a few new styles in NJPW

• Dante_Cross says:

I'd see him in the TV title division with guys like Gunner, Anderson, Big Rob, Devon, Morgan–guys who look like they could build a TV title division.

4. mfg420 says:

Whats all that trash talk about TNA & now he thinks doors are open in TNA … I hope when he go knocking TNA shuts the door on his face!

• dashizznit247 says:

TNA is a swinging door for most wrestlers. They give shit pay, storylines always kept changing and there not giving the right guys there push on impact. TNA has great talent they need to work on there management skills plus I rather see mvp in ROH then TNA at this moment. Great example where the X-division go ?? For a title that made that company, they gave it R.V.D. just for the ratings not cause he is a great wrestler .

5. ariesstormjoe says:

cant see mvp going to tna. hes dissed them in the past.

he'll go wwe with shelton benjamin i think they will likely work with guys like the shield, cesaro, sandow and guys coming up from NXT/fcw mostly. and the idea will be to put the newbies in wwe over.

hope to see low ki return to tna tho he'll be great to have back in the x division and face guys like christian york and kenny king.

• Tiffanydude says:

And Amazing Red & Jack Evans, I would love if both of them came back to TNA…………A guy can dream right?

• ariesstormjoe says:

both possible if tna make the tv time available for them. jay lethal and shelley are others i think tna would like to have back if they could allow for it on tv

6. whatsup121 says:

great just what TNA needs another mid card don't do it TNA

7. hangers says:

TNA? LOL… For all the shit that fcucker has heaped on TNA does he seriously think he'd be welcome by management or the fans? He was a mid-carder at best in WWE who came in with a decent gimmick but couldnt do much with it and I cant see what he could possibly offer the promotion..

• ariesstormjoe says:

i think hes a good worker in ring and on mic. but more likely to go wwe imo. i think if tna did sign him they'd be a bit of heat from backstage guys on him. would like to see tna persuade others to come back than go after talent new talent to them. majority of talent that has left them have usually left the doors open for a return if tna can give them the tv time they want.

8. powerbomb says:

i dont want to see him in TNA

9. koysortna1 says:

MVP was actually in TNA, His name was Antonio Banks and he was Monty Browns Jobber

10. Get_Carter says:

Good performer but not a good fit with the current product. I'd rather see Morrison.

11. destroyer_v39 says:

TNA don't hire this Former WWE Superstar. Hire somebody fresh who we haven't seen before.