Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 19, 2013
New TNA World Champion Crowned On iMPACT!

New TNA World Champion Crowned On iMPACT!

Chris Sabin defeated Bully Ray to win the TNA World Title on this week’s LIVE edition of the Destination X iMPACT! broadcast.

There was a ref bump and Aces and the Mafia fought in the ring to the back. Bully attempted to use the hammer but Sabin stopped him. Bully then went for a power bomb but Sabin hit him with the hammer and pinned him to become the new TNA Champion.

16 Responses to “New TNA World Champion Crowned On iMPACT!”

1. Mr. Excitement says:

I'm glad I watched the episode live on Spike. So this articles headline didn't ruin it for me.

2. mrthefanboy says:

This Destination X edition of Impact was awesome way better than I expected,I did not see Sabin beating Bully ray for the champioship.Also love Homicide and Petey Williams on Impact.

3. duong8a8 says:

A lot of people are complaining on how this title win is gonna ruin the A&8 story. All I can say is : GO AND GET FUCKED. Chris deserves it. Chris vs either AJ or AA at BFG would be awesome. Since we've already had Chris vs AA, it's more likely to be AJ

• Philly_Cheese says:

I'm sure everyone will keep saying how he doesn't deserve the title too… I know a ton of people said they couldn't see him holding the title and should stay in the x-div.

• pepsilover2008 says:

The only issue I've had with sabin is his mic skills, but even an styles didn't have the best mic skills either. So its not a huge deal to me.

• tnadude says:

First off – congrats to Chris. Nobody can take away from his efforts over the years.

But I'm one who has a few quips about it:
        1) The WHC should be revered. It should only be given to guys that can carry the company. That requires an extended push. Bully is a classic example of how well it can work out if done right. Sabin lacks mic skills and the David v Goliath thing can only take you so far. He needs Aries swagger to be viewed as legitimate.

2) He stepped over a lot of guys who are in a better position to carry the strap. Guys like Magnus, AJ, Storm, did I mention Magnus yet? The fact that Sabin was rushed shows they don't see him carrying it long. Wait for Magnus. Dude is being pushed properly.

3) Just because you turn in the title doesn't mean it's "money in the bank" that you'll win the WHC (pun intended). Someone needs to prove it won't happen every year.

• TheFurnitureom says:

I think the title switch was filler until Bound for Glory – a rematch between Sabin and Bully is now potential bigger then this match was, maybe TNA's taking some tips from real life – Anderson Silva/Weidman perhaps?

Sabin will go to be a regular main event wrestler, but I believe Bully will defend the title at BFG, or if not, he'll be facing Hogan in a street fight, which is bigger for him.

4. hangers says:

I really hate the hammer shots but really happy the straps off bubba and happy for Sabin too..

5. RavenNevermore says:

I am so happy for Sabin. Deserves the spotlight. Sadly I do not see another ten years out of him because of his knees. Hope I am wrong. Anyways we are here and the now. Hail Sabin!

6. Mr. Excitement says:

I'm bored of Aces & Eights. I loved Bully Ray when he first became a heel. He was a true bad *ss. But as leader of Aces & Eights he hasn't lived up to that.

7. jcarter13 says:

So much for all the talk of Bully versus Hogan for the title

8. tnadude says:

Is it me, or was that by far the worst match of the ***ht? AA & Roode tore down the house and the X-Division matches were great. The WHC match almost put me to sleep.

9. thetruth says:

Not seen this yet, because I am waiting for it to screen in the UK, but if you are going to put the title on an underdog face, it has to be a clean win. Sabin does not need a hammer to beat Ray.

10. What should happen is this: AJ Styles wins the BFG Series and then the world title at BFG. Not Hulk. Please not Hulk.

11. Laker says:

Ten years with TNA paid off. The only problem is that I don’t see him as a world champion. If he had pulled off a great match then maybe. But I hoping that he pulls off a great match at BFG cuz I know he can. Plus he should get a new hair cut cuz he needs one (really doesn’t matter).

12. Bigmike885 says:

I love these "reward" titles TNA likes to give out. And for all of you "WWE rips off TNA" guys out there, has anybody put into account that all signs point to Danial Bryan winning the WWE title at summerslam?