Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on May 3, 2014
PHOTO: AJ Styles Wins The IWGP World Title

PHOTO: AJ Styles Wins The IWGP World Title

AJ Styles won the IWGP world heavyweight title this weekend. He beat Kazuchika Okada a the NJPW event Wrestling Dontaku. You can check out an image of Styles posing with the belt along with some other NJPW wrestlers in Japan from the event below:

15 Responses to “PHOTO: AJ Styles Wins The IWGP World Title”

1. Dependant says:

Wow didn't know gen me was in it

2. tHe_SoRrOw says:

"Some other NJPW wrestlers" THATS THE FUCKING BULLET CLUB!!!

3. goonpoh says:

IWGP has a roster full of wrestlers better than AJ is now!

• tHe_SoRrOw says:

But he is the real household name outside of Japan. Looks as though they are targeting the Western audience a bit more now

4. Austin_Aries_28 says:

Good to know other companies think higher of aj than tna did. I mean seriously only 2 title reigns in his 12 years at tna. I really hope tna sees how other people treat him and make him a respectable offer after his 1 year contract is up at njpw

• AussieWrestling says:

Technically it was 2 tna title reigns in 6 years 2007-2013(the tna title was introduced in 2007) as well as 3 nwa title reigns in 5 years 2002-2007. However I do agree with what you're saying.

5. TNA_Warrior_UK says:

He should still be the TNA champ, he deserved a prolonged run with the belt.

6. TheMiwyun says:

Doc. I miss Doc

7. TNA original says:

congrats to AJ.i have to confess im watching
    ROH and NJPW after a lot of years thanks to AJ but im still loyal to TNA

• Beezy_Does_It says:

I am too. Can't wait till Border wars and Roh vs. NJPW. They should do an angle with the Bullet Club at the that ppv. I cant believe I'm going to order a ROH ippv. TNA better step it up.

• TNA original says:

I dont know about you but It sounds strange to me too because i usually refused to warch Roh because of how many of their fans used to criticize everything about TNA and nothing against "entertainment federation" which makes them entertainment fans first, then only then Roh fans and last but not least official TNA haters.
        That's why i stopped to watch them in the 2005,but now it's another story.

8. Cezar_TheScribe says:

It would be great to see a show like this on American television.

• TNA original says:

I've always wanted an english announcer for puro;i like their way of doing commentary but it's hard to learn their language

9. Cezar_TheScribe says:

It would be great to see a show like this on American television.

10. Beezy_Does_It says:

A.J. needs to win the R.O.H. title now.