Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 31, 2014
‘Rampage’ Jackson Blasts TNA Wrestling – Details

‘Rampage’ Jackson Blasts TNA Wrestling – Details

Bellator MMA fighter “Rampage” Jackson slammed his former employer TNA Wrestling to the mat on Wednesday, calling them out for being incompetent and filling his head with big promises that never came through.

Rampage said he knew immediately that TNA was ran poorly and flat out refused to fight other MMA fighters in worked pro wrestling matches. Here are some highlights from Rampage’s interview with from Wednesday:

If He Plans To Work For TNA Wrestling Again:

“To be honest, as soon as I went over there and saw their operation and how they ran things, there were no plans for me to go back. There was a lot of momentum with me when I came out with Kurt Angle and I was supposed to wrestle Kurt Angle and they lost all momentum.

They didn’t utilize me in any way, I gave them a couple ideas on how to utilize me and they wanted me to wrestle professional [MMA] fighters. I was like, ‘No, I’m not doing that.’ They just had no idea what they were doing, in my opinion. So no, you won’t see me in TNA ever again.”

Did He See The Writing On The Wall In TNA?

“Oh yeah, I saw it. I was like, I don’t know whats up with this company, I don’t know what’s going on, I’m outtie. Dixie and Big asked me to come over and do some stuff, they never came through on anything they said they were going to. You guys aint the first people to fill me full of dreams. I’m not buying into that.”

13 Responses to “‘Rampage’ Jackson Blasts TNA Wrestling – Details”

1. Ha Hork says:

Who cares what that monkey says?

• Bro says:

didn't he say I love TNA once, stupid monkey

• The Amazing Crimson Spider says:

Monkey? That’s racist muthafuckas!!!

• Beezy_Does_It says:

I was just about to respond and say what the f*ck do yall mean by "Monkey"? I bet if they B*tch a** was around Rampage they wouldn't say sh*t! No matter if it was racist or not.

• bbbb says:

Erm… Wow. Didn’t realise you was racist, disagreeing with someone is one thing, but typing something racist out is another. You may as well join the KKK mate.

Onto more pressing matters. I think Rampage was booked poorly, the start was dynamite with him and Angle, then momentum died when he became a MEM member. I feel that if I was the Booker, I would have the same start, then at some point, when A&E attack Angle, Rampage will help clear the ring, then take down Angle before going back and forth, leading up to a big match at either BFG or Slammiversary. The rivalry was there, but the booking could have been better executed

2. Sturk says:

Thank God he's done!!

3. Sturk says:

I do agree with what he said about his initial appearance. That moment where he walked about to interrupt Kurt Angle with the audience going crazy! I thought we were in for a moment. But he then joined Main Event Mafia lol.

• soyfenomenal says:

I was there in Duluth GA for his initial appearance on June 6, 2013. No one cared.. I was front row yelling "who are you??"

• JoeWrestling says:

Yes, if Rampage was capable or willing to wrestle maybe it would be a decent program, but he wasn't, so he was stuck in MEM and in a tag match. Rampage got to pretend he was at the level of Kurt Angle for a hour, then reality set in that he's not even fit to wrestle in OVW.

4. HolsG says:

They were probably forced to make promises. Its spike who wants these mma stars to advertise bell at or, I hate mma stars in TNA WRESTLKNG! Half the world has no idea who they are

5. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Does he not realize how much of a bad worker he is making himself sound by refusing to wrestle the only people he probably should be wresting- other MMA fighters who have a similiar style?

Honestly, he can't just expect to go to TNA and instantly fight Angle.
    It's also quite unprofessional to react in such a way. I'm assuming he's taking advantage of the fact that they Bellator and iMPACT will no longer be on the same network?