Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 7, 2013
Reid Flair Was Afraid To Return To The United States

Reid Flair Was Afraid To Return To The United States

The Charlotte Observer has an article up looking at Reid Flair’s last days after he got home from Japan. Reid’s mother Beth Fleihr said that Reid feared returning home, as he was worried about falling into his old addiction habits due to the traps surrounding him in Charlotte. She noted, “His worst fear was coming up.”

The article reveals that the hotel room in Charlotte where Reid was found on March 29th was the second bedroom of a suite rented by Ric. The WWE Hall of Famer and Reid were set to travel to Maryland that morning for an appearance for Big Time Wrestling.

Ric said in the article, “I can honestly say I blamed myself the first couple days, but after talking with people I think he’s in a better place and he’s at peace. Because this had gone on a long time – and something happened that we didn’t have control over. But he’s a wonderful guy. I was so proud of him.”

6 Responses to “Reid Flair Was Afraid To Return To The United States”

1. Kyle says:

You guys have a sick obsession with this topic, I mean for fucks sake I’ve seen over 10 articles I here about this. Anytime anyone even mentions the kid, you guys post it. It’s pretty fucked up.

2. Philly_Cheese says:

Does this seriously allure to Ric causing his drug problems? I don't know if anyone else feels that when reading this but certainly how I took it…

• tnadude says:

There are a million reasons Ric would blame himself. It's all in the name of being a father.

More likely than not, he was referring to having helped him enter the wrestling business. Regardless, Reid made his own decisions. Really, it's just a sad situation.

3. whatsup121 says:

wow let the kid rip already the Flair family has been through enough

4. annil8or4321 says:

this is just getting a little rough

5. hangers says:

Too late debating the inns and out's of this now. What needs to happen going forward is wrestlers like Flair snr getting behind more support mechanisms, rehab, support etc for these guys as far too many wrestlers have died far too young.