Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 7, 2012
Report: Christian Pulled From TNA Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Report: Christian Pulled From TNA Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to sources, WWE star Christian is no longer scheduled to appear for TNA the day before the Bound for Glory PPV at TNA’s first ever Hall of Fame ceremony. Highlights of the ceremony, which will feature the induction of Sting, will air the following night on Spike TV.

Per the agreement between WWE and TNA to allow Ric Flair to appear at both the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame and Wrestlemania 28, Christian was originally scheduled to make two appearances for TNA. He appeared at the Slammiversary PPV back in June and it was made very clear at the time that he didn’t want to be there.

Christian remains out recovering from recent surgery on his shoulder.

We hope to have more soon.

27 Responses to “Report: Christian Pulled From TNA Hall Of Fame Ceremony”

1. CaptainN says:

Well if that’s the case TNA needs to be compensated or Christian needs to be replaced by someone else in WWE. I’m sure TNA didn’t just say fuk it, keep him, especially since they are in the middle of a lawsuit that started with all this Ric Flair crap/confidential info leak etc.

2. godoftna says:

Tna may have just made the smartmove and decided against having Christian in attendance. If he was miserable before, odds are he'd be the same way again. Do you really want someone who's obviously pissed on television for the biggest night in the companies history?

3. voyaga1 says:

I think it's a smart move to pull Christian…BUT never really a good negotiation from the start. Nobody in WWE really has a good history with Sting (except Nash) since he was never in WWE. The WCW wrestlers who went to WWE would be the only alternantive. I think a better negotation with WWE would have been a surprise run in during a match involving Aces and Eights….if they had a decent storyline with them back when Dixie made the agreement.

4. DJBIGCG says:

Well somebody wwe has that has been in wcw is mick foley, dusty rhodes, farooq,bret hart, rey mysterio, nash, goldberg etc…. I would say replace christian with one of them for the hof, but I doubt that will happen

• Dante_Cross says:

If TNA wants to get someone else since Christian is not coming, then they could easily have a grab at Rey or Hart if they wanted to go for name value and shock factor. I dont know if either had extensive interaction with Sting but they could maybe pull out a long ago story from a moment past, that could be interesting. Theres just so much more leverage on TNA's side now, with them initialiy having Christian as a Flair exchange, and not that not happening, they can say 'well since he's not coming as advertised, we want *so and so* b/c you were hard pressed to get Flair"

• DJBIGCG says:

Well dante you have to realize something, wwe also wants sting in their hof. VKM is a very very smart business man, and he would definitely not give tna one of his big time stars like mysterio or foley or hart. That's why I said I doubt tna gets them. If wwe gave tna a wrestler for chrtistian, it would probably be somebody like tyson kidd or something like that. But not goldberg or hart or any other big name like that

• Dante_Cross says:

Being a good businessman has no use in company negotiations. I say this b/c Vince would be dealing with a rival company that is going to make sure they dont get screwed over, and for TNA to settle for someone like Tyson Kidd is just pathetic ifit ever happened. Though TNA is not the best negotiator as we've seen and may very well do something of this nature. It's a possibility, though minimal.

• DJBIGCG says:

Exactly, they're rival companies. So why would wwe give tna a big name to induct a wrestler they want to also induct in their hof

• Dante_Cross says:

May as well try for some footage of Sting seeing as now, anyone they get wont have the same effect. Heck not even Chstian had the proper effect the first time b/c we all knew why he was there. Its not nearly as interesting unless the person just surprisingly comes.

• DJBIGCG says:

Yeah a surprise visit would be the best, but besides lex, what person can tna get to be a surprise at the hof? Also the footsage is a good thng, but wwe owns all of his wcw footage, so they might have to get sting footage from a company sting worked for that wwe doesn't own

• toddmikki says:

because TNA gave one of the biggest names in wrestling history?

• Bigmike885 says:

1st off…we're not 100 percent sure that TNA just didnt decide against having Christian there. IF thats thats the case, they cant demand anything. 2nd..why does people keep mentioning Goldberg in this?..he's not under contract whatsoever to WWE, so if they could convicince him to come and do it, he would be free to do it. WWE couldnt do a damn thing about it, but its not going to happen.

5. The Truth says:

Who needs this mid card jobber anyways if he like to lick VKM ass and know what he had for dinner let him! He can stay and job at WWE and lose to Ziggler for all I give two squirts about!

• nWo_rules says:

Yeah!You are right.If he enjoys jobbing to Ziggler,Shaemus,Del Rio and is pissed on being involved with a company that gives him respect,then screw him.We don't need Christian in HOF.

6. RealCreative says:

END OF STORY…Lex Luger has the best history with Sting and should be the person to do it…i would of put Flair as an option but due to the obvious its not worth the headache

7. Peckar says:

no shit

• ricky_No1 says:

You at it again angry man?

• Peckar says:

no shit is angry? Stating the obvious, no shit seems like a good response. I better be careful you are a black belt in origami right? I tend to forget how fickle people are on here. Disagree with them once they will thumb you down no matter what you say. Sounds like Government to me haha! I like to prove my point…

• ricky_No1 says:

The problem isnt people are fickle. The problem is that you insult whoever disagrees with your view. Try growing up and stop acting like a spoilt kid.

• Peckar says:

Are you sure you are a wrestling fan? They insult each other all the time with friendly banter . Why would you be insulted when someone does the same thing on a wrestling website
            ? And you call me the child. I can handle whatever is thrown at me, but it seems all some of you can offer is a thumb down. Like the thumbs even matter. The Pepsi dude got 100p and he didn't win anything.

• ricky_No1 says:

I have never thumbed anyone up or down. Dont see the point?

• Peckar says:

I am so sorry if my Australian slang has offended you , you poor baby. Want a cuddle??

8. hangers says:

I really dont think TNA is at hall of fame stage yet in its short life. I'd prefer to see them do a tie up with PWHF and do an annual inductee thing with them. As for Christian, I think he's a professional guy but if he doesn't want to be there then fcuk him, leave him out and get some other guys in there with tna history who do want to attend.

• Dante_Cross says:

UFC made a HOF within 10 years and even after inducted, most of the guys were still actively competing. 10 years is a long time, and with all the things TNA has done in that span of time, and the people who have come and gone, it seems right to have one.

• RealCreative says:

I think the fact you have legendary wrestlers like Sting who will probably never see a WWE ring it was a good decision