Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 5, 2012
Report: Current TNA Title Holder Leaving TNA?

Report: Current TNA Title Holder Leaving TNA?

Eric Young suggested on Twitter Monday that his time with TNA may be coming to an end. He stated that this week’s live event tour may be his last with the organization.

“TNA Live shows in MI and Windsor Canada. Ill be there could be my last live shows with TNA come and get crazy with me!” wrote Young.

Young, who has not competed on iMPACT! Wrestling since May, has kept busy in the meantime as the host of Animal Planet’s fishing roadtrip adventure series, Off the Hook: Extreme Catches. The program was recently renewed for a second season.

It’s possible there is a contract issue but we have yet to confirm that.

Speaking of Eric Young, Wroxer recently announced that he has been confirmed as the voice of Wroxer character Johnny “Nova”. Wroxer co-creator and Executive Producer Simon Edwards had the following to say about Young…

“Eric’s voice and personality are the perfect fit for this character. Wroxer is the perfect vehicle to further display his talents outside the ring.”

Wroxer is described as “MMA meets Superheroes! Animated MMA action for kids. An underdog MMA fighter leading a team of misfit superheroes known as “THE CORE” against the evil “VOID” in a battle that will determine the fate of humanity.”

21 Responses to “Report: Current TNA Title Holder Leaving TNA?”

1. Dante_Cross says:

If Wroxer is the flaming guy I just looked up, I think his build and character fit more towards a guy with say an Evan Bourne type voice as an example. Young's voice would fit a bulkier funny supporting character in this show.

2. Ringmaster44 says:

Hope they can find a better use for him in tna and keep him such a good unused talent, shud turn him towards more serious wrestler and into title hunts whether x, tv, world

3. Nova_numb says:

This could be another ruse though and Young could be a member of Aces and Eights. I would personally love to see them taking him heel and actually letting him show off his talent in the ring and not just taking off his pants and being the buffoon.

4. Peckar says:

I enjoyed his comedy segments and in-ring fun. It is a nice way to break the show up. I have no idea how they can't find anything for him, he should be the easiest to use.

5. godoftna says:

EY's "buffoonish" character has been the source of a lot of laughs over the years, but I have to agree, I think he needs a run as a more "serious" character. I've said before that his heel turn a couple years back and his leading World Elite was a great time for him. He really started hitting a stride and was (from appearances) looking to get into the main event scene or at least a feud with Kurt Angle. Sadly, when Hogan and Bischoff came on board he took a "knock" to the head and went goofball again. Shame. Here's a thought, we've all assumed that the leader of Aces n 8s would always turn out to b Jeff Jarret. But what if in a shocker EY is the leader?

6. Mr. Excitement says:

I mentioned this on another site but I'll say it again. I'm not happy that a man with good ring and mic work was reduced to a comedy gimmick in TNA when he could have been so much more.

• Peckar says:

Does he not entertain you? You think any wrestler on the roster could pull off his character? Being given that character was not an insult. It was a compliment, as to how versatile the guy is. Hell, he got a television show out of it. Didn't he?

7. jbcissom says:

Ever since I first started watching TNA, back when EY was a part of Team Canada with Roode… I noticed this guy has "it". He's going to be successful at whatever he does, because he's just a lovable guy. I doubt he ends up going up north to either company, because I'm pretty sure that he'll have the same date issues he is having with TNA.

I just wish that Animal Planet would do a two-hour special hybrid show, Off the Hook: River Monsters with both EY and Jeremy Wade. FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Move number 1: Get rid of the Knockout tag titles
    Move number 2: Offer EY a new contract
    Move number 3: Make him the X division champion

• tnadude says:

Move number 4: Keep him X division champion until Destination X
      Move number 5: You all can figure this one out yourself.

They guy is immensely talented, but needs the right push to be taken seriously. This worked for Aries, why not EY?

9. annil8or4321 says:

he was brilliant with the world elite, he is one major talent tna should not let slip away even with his goofy antics now hes still so watchable i cant even reach for the remote when hes on(which is pretty much never) the execs in the front office need to realize that he is a great showman and has the technical skill to be one of the bigger draws for the company. as a longtime fan of wrestling i would be appauled if they let him go

10. Pipboy86 says:

I have to admit, I feel old and completely out of the loop. I haven't the foggiest idea what in the blue hell that Wroxer is.

11. tna24 says:

it would suck if he did leave. but tna hasnt really use him well in the past few year. yes this comedy act is nice and all, but how long can it go on. it been like a year or so maybe more. to add about the knock outs. i just think as a whole women wrestling is going down hill. wwe has very few women they use at all and one by one people leave. then with tna. people are leaving or arent being use.

12. weasel6666 says:

we can't take nothing for granted with TNA right now, and it's a nice feeling imo

13. whatsup121 says:

it'll be retarded if they get rid of EY he's a talented wrestler and now that Tara has Jesse they can had a legit Hollywood feud and actually have proper mix-tag matches and be the only company that offers that type of match. and to have that much tenure in the ring with EY , ODB & Tara this will help Jesse transition from the minor leagues of OVW to TNA

• Herr_Odditus says:

Its not a matter of getting rid of him. He apparently wants to leave and do other things. Keep in mind he has another show going on. Maybe he doesn't have time to do both that and be a wrestler.

14. koysortna1 says:

You guys actually believe this crap? Couple of weeks ago, this site said the same thing about devon, I thought devon was done for good, BUT WTH? He's one of the main characters in TNA, Portrated in Aces&Eights, Same with Morgan…..I Bet E.Y will come back as a Aces&8s Member! Not fact but just my guess

15. JoeWrestling says:

I think WWE already has the fighting group named "The Core".

16. Raven says:

Gutted if ey gos apart from bully ray he is one of the best they have and a firm fan favorite