Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 22, 2013
Report: Dixie Carter Addresses TNA Locker Room

Report: Dixie Carter Addresses TNA Locker Room

Source: Prowrestling.net

Dixie Carter and other members of management (TNA CFO/COO Dean Broadhead, executive vice president Andy Barton, and Jeff Jarrett) addressed the locker room prior to Thursday’s television event in Louisville, Kentucky. She noted that everyone is still being evaluated and did not rule out additional cuts and added that the changes were being made for the long term good of the company.

Carter noted that some of the restructuring was being done due to the fact that the company spent a lot of money taping of the One Night Only pay-per-view events back in March. The company rushed the tapings because they wanted to complete them before their lease with Universal Studios was complete. As noted above, more cuts may be coming.

New vice president of television production John Gaburick received strong praise from the locker room. He worked the gorilla position along with creative team member Matt Conway, and the talent acknowledged the more positive vibe with Gaburick compared to when recently released executive Bruce Prichard was in that role. For what it’s worth, Bruce Prichard had major backstage heat and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

55 Responses to “Report: Dixie Carter Addresses TNA Locker Room”

1. lethalgunstyles says:

Good to see Jeff Jarrett, being part of the management team. Not so good about further possible cuts, unless of course the cuts are Hulk and Brooke Hogan, Rampage Jackson, Rob Terry, Chavo, Garrett Bischoff, King Mo, Mike Tenay, and Taz

• Sir.Quala says:

OI MATES MIKE TENAY BE WITH TNA FROM THE STARED OF THE FIRST LIVE SOW WHEN ITS WAS TNA CALLED TITS AND ASS THEN THEY CHANGE IT TOLLED NUNE STOP ACTION

• DJBIGCG says:

I agree with everybody you named to cut. I might keep tenay though, but definitly get rid of taz

• jbcissom says:

by cutting half of the names you've mentioned, you blow any chance of a payoff for the A&8 Storyline. I admit, it hasn't been the best storyline, but you only do that before you hit rock bottom, and TNA isn't even close to that yet.

• JohnSmithWhoof says:

Besides King Mo non of these wrestlers can be released because of the aces of 8 storyline. Also why release Rob Terry with the release of Matt Morgan and Crimson TNA doesn't have much muscular agile wrestlers left. Jumping Spinning Kicks plus Rob Terry is entertaining remember the bro-off. Also Chavo is important because you need Mexicans for the Latino audience plus if they remove chavo it would result in the burial of Super Mex Hernadez. Any one remember Anarquia from Mexican America.

• jflegler says:

Rob Terry can be entertaining, but he is quite stiff in the ring. He definitely needs some more work.

• DigestivBiscuit says:

Mike Tenay? Come on dude I agree with you about the rest but I think Mike Tenay is pretty good and deserve to be part of TNA.

• Tiffanydude says:

Not Mike Tenay and Rampage b/c lots of people love Tenay and Rampage hasn't done anything wrong yet and he brings in fans from MMA, but i"m kinda 50/50 about Chavo though

• Laker says:

Rampage brings fans from MMA, Chavo still has it, Taz is alright, and Mike Tenay is great. I’m not sure TNA should take out SoCal Val.

• TNA_fan says:

Mike Tenay should stay, while Taz should Brooke,Hulk, Rob Terry, Garrett, and I'll add Mike Knox, Wes Brisco..

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE says:

I agree 100% with you get rid of them

• lethalgunstyles says:

I like Tenay I respect him, and he's been there from start, but I can't help thinking the whole product would be a whole lot better, and I guess fresher with something like JB and Todd Kenealy,

• Get_Carter says:

If you get rid of the entire announce team who do you suggest TNA bring in? JB can call matches on a temporary basis but that is still a one man announce team. TNA still has to go out and pay someone else to come in.

• lethalgunstyles says:

JB and Todd Keneally would probably be much cheaper, and any thing has to be better than Taz and Tenay bickering with each other like an old married couple. and why can JB only do it on a temporary basis, I remember JB and Eric Bischoff on xplosion a couple of years ago, that was a far better example of face and heel commentators, than The current Tenay and the current Taz

2. Sir.Quala says:

OI HE DID THD SAME THING IN THE WWE THAT WHY HE WAS LET GO ARE U BRINGING BA K GUNCHECK BACK THE YOUNGEST ARE NEW WHY NOT THE OLD ALL THE OLDER WRESTLERS SHOULD PAST DOWN THE TORCHES 2THE NEW YOUNGEST ROSTERS GET READ OF HOGAN, BULL RAY, DEVON, STING, ANGEL, ANYONE OVER 45 SHOULD NOT BE A STILL A ROSTER THAK OUT THE OLD BRING IN THE NEW LET THE OLDER WRESTLERS GO 2 IPWA INTERPENETRATED SHOWS MOST OF THEM HAVE OLDER WRESTLERS THE SAME IN THE WWE, RIC FLAIR, UNDERTAKER, KANE, DUTCHMEN MANTLE, CHRIST JERICHO, ANY OTHER TTHE OLDER ROSTERS CAN HELP LKIE TAZ, PAT KENNEDY, WORKING BEHIND SHOWS

3. TNA_Warrior_UK says:

Alot of the money was used on the one night only PPVs, which imo have been a let down. The x-division 1 was decent. Wasn't impressed with jokers wild or hardcore justice 2.

• jbcissom says:

I hope TNA has learned a lesson from this… those one night PPVs aren't worth it. They need to promote Dest X and Hardcore Justice on Impact! and grow that way… similar to WCW's Clash of Champions.

• Tiffanydude says:

Completely agree the Hardcore Justice ONS wasn't worth it at all the only good match was Gen Me VS Bad Influence.

• Get_Carter says:

Agreed. If this is because of PPV obligations I hope that the contracts expire soon. These One Night Only PPVs are an interesting idea on paper but the shows have under-delivered. They do, however, remind me how happy I am that iMPACT is out of Orlando and not going back. I can enjoy a good wrestling show, regardless of storylines, but it has to be a good show. The wrestlers are trying but it's hard to get over the quirky booking and obvious Orlando crowds. There hasn't been a One Night Only PPV so far that is worth watching a second time.

• Rated_Maxx says:

They still have a contract with the ppv providers

4. Roid Master says:

I don't understand the logic behind paying money to watch a PPV that was taped months ago with no tie in to the current storyline.

• soyfenomenal says:

Hence the title of "one night only," you fuckwit.

• Roid Master says:

My point is that it was taped months ago…it's outdated, Genius.

• soyfenomenal says:

How? Because you read the results? Doesn't make a match any less entertaining to watch. I'm sure you've gone back and watched some good matches that you've actually SEEN again online.

• Roid Master says:

I watch old matches all the time online…for FREE. You have the right to disagree with me, but calling someone a F@#$wit because they don't agree with you is just childish.

• jflegler says:

Yeah, he loves calling names, but if you can get past his insecurity, he attempts to make decent points.

• soyfenomenal says:

don't be a cunt.

• lowridinAllDay says:

Holy hell soyofayouman…you are such an angry little terd…what’s bothering you in life? Is it bc you’re still a virgin, overweight, broke, uneducated, none of the above…something else…plz share with us, troll

• Tiffanydude says:

He is what it's called being a Heel.

5. tsoutheast says:

I'm tired of the rallying the troops speech from Dixie. TNA needs to show results not more excuses.

• JoeWrestling says:

How can you be tired of them, were you ever at one?? How come no other wrestling promotion has to show results, just WWE and TNA it seems. You got a lot of promotions to start criticizing.

• tsoutheast says:

Just let me say this JOE ! tna CONTINUES TO BE STUCK AT A 1.1 RATING,HOUSE SHOW ATTENDANCE STAYS FLAT AROUND 500-1000 FANS,AND TE lIVE impacts AREN'T SELLING OUT. Dixie continues to hire WWE retrends to run TNA. The company has failed to grow in the mainstream,and can't seem to break through the glass ceiling. TNA are making the same mistakes WCW madeand their not around anymore. No I don't work for TNA,but I have a couple of friends who do. So that's how I know.

6. TFnatureboyfig4 says:

Dixie to locker room: "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

• JoeWrestling says:

Exactly, more beatings please. I'd prefer the company to stay around, and beating some people is likely what will be needed. Even I could see Bruce Prichard at the events dressed in sweat pants looking like a bum, not professional at all kicked back. And you know people are on alert when I see Eric Bischoff at house shows.

7. RavenNevermore says:

So who was great that got cut? I am no Hulk fan but he gets one of the loudest pops in TNA and by the way has no say in Ta’s decisions. Have you noticed homicide? I would rather see him and Sonja Dutt then those who we’re released. Psst WWW releases many midcard wrestlers. No matter where you are in a business it’d always good to economolize your company for years to come. What if TNA did this to secure the jobs of the future of TNA? Not Hogan. Not Bischoff. But the future. Ever think of that?

• Luis says:

Hey you are right about Homicide and Sonjay Dutt they are more noticeable X-Division stars that I enjoyed for years unlike Doc no offense I see potential on this guy but Homicide and Sonjay are Great…RVD was a dumb move tho he was a Popular guy among fans idc what anyone say about his Marijuana habit

8. whatsup121 says:

Gotta Hurt moral when they keep hearing

Job cuts

• Get_Carter says:

I know Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan but besides him there are big differences in the pay scales in TNA from what i've read. There are the stars and then those that get paid per appearance. I'm sure there are constant morale issues within TNA – as with all companies, wrestling or otherwise. WWE has their set of stars and TNA has theirs. The difference is that WWE doesn't need to cut the roster once a year for strictly budgetary reasons. Hulk Hogan, Brooke, Christy Hemme all get paid (from what i've read) on a scale that is above everyone else on the TNA roster. I agree with a lot of the recent cuts but TNA (aka Dixie) many need to cut closer to the bone to make a financial difference. I hate seeing 3 or 4 really talented wrestlers cut just so one ring announcer can stay. Hemme is hot but is she really worth what she is getting paid? Her salary could fund having additional wrestlers on the roster. It worries me to see a company jettisoning headcount because they are in money trouble.

• jbcissom says:

Actually, every year WWE cuts mid-carders and developmental stars. I would get rid of Brooke, because only a fool would get rid of Christy Hemme. People just don't understand, what Brooke's "on camera" role is, that is actually what Hemme does. She's paid basically as an executive, not an "on air" ring announcer.

• jflegler says:

I am not saying that I disagree with you; just curious as to what executive role she may play.

• jbcissom says:

I just told you, she does what Brooke Hogan's character is supposed to do.

• jflegler says:

You did?

Executive: ex·ec·u·tive . n. 1. A person or group having administrative or managerial authority in an organization.

• jbcissom says:

Dude, any and everything with the Knockouts… photos, videos, their website, Hemme oversees it. Are you really that dense?

• jflegler says:

The ambiguity of your comment left questions; my apologies.

""People just don't understand, what Brooke's "on camera" role is, that is actually what Hemme does.""

• Pippin says:

I'll try and explain what they were trying to say and failing at.

They think that Hemme in real life does what Brooke "character" does. But this isn't the case at all as Brookes role is to make matches. Hemme certainly doesn't do this. What Hemme does do is direct the photoshoots.

Yet again they resort to calling you stupid, such uncalled for pettiness on their part yet again. Typical. Just do what most of us do and ignore them as they'll continually call you stupid everytime they make an incorrect statement and you politely correct them or ask what they mean. Completely unnecessary on their part, but it appears that if they're not deflecting & calling somebody else stupid they're not happy. How sad.

• jflegler says:

Thanks, Pippin. I honestly wasn't sure what her actual role was.

jbcissom made it clear to me in his final, albeit, incorrect response. I find it a little odd to be called "dense", "twit", and this "dipstick" remark. I went my entire life without once being called stupid (actually graduated the University of Massachusetts with the highest of honors), then started interacting within social media and presto, hit with a ton of it…lol. I guess opposing and/or probing intellect is deemed dense. The sad thing is that if he and I were having this discussion in person, he would never resort to these tactics. Interesting indeed.

I sincerely apologize to anyone that took offense to my posts – my intent was not to create conflict, just to stimulate conversation.

Thanks again, Pippin. You are a class act.

• Pippin says:

Yet again you resort to insulting somebody when it is you that is not making any sense. You stated that Hemme in real life does what Brooke "character" does…I think as you were about as far from clear as possible.

But this is simply not true. Brookes role is to make matches. Hemme certainly doesn't do this. What Hemme does do is direct the photoshoots.

I suggest you stop continually insulting people whenever you make an incorrect statement and are called on it. You do it all the time and it's really terribly, terribly sad and incredibly petty. The irony that you keep calling people stupid when in truth the only one that appears stupid when you resort to this, is yourself.

9. TheBringer92 says:

Hulk Hogan, Brooke Hogan, Rampage, King Mo, garrett bischoff, rob terry, robbie e… POS christy hemme, taz, socal val, chavo, hernandez and wes brisco

• jflegler says:

Hulk Hogan is definitely TNA's biggest name and perhaps TNA's biggest draw, so it is NOT likely that they will let him go. Personally, I would decrease his air time – absence makes the heart grow fonder.

However, I do agree with releasing King Mo – his spot was trumped by Rampage. His appearance with Storm and Rood made him look foolish; when he pushed Rood and lurched around like a caveman, it was quite painful.

Robbie E. – I totally disagree with you! His Jersey gimmick may becoming a bit dated, but he is solid in the ring. He is an asset and probably isn't a detriment to TNA's budget.

Once this A&8's debacle dissolves, put Taz in a role as manager, not GM, but a manager of a small stable of wrestlers in vein of a Jimmy Hart, etc… Subsequently, put Briscoe in the ring and use Taz as his mouthpiece. Back to basics.

10. Mutter5 says:

Jesse sorensen has just been released

Jesse Sorensen ‏@TNASorensen 8m
    I have officially been released by @IMPACTWRESTLING Would like to say thank you to my supportive family, friends & fans.

• jflegler says:

He was pretty decent – wish he stuck around longer.

• Mutter5 says:

to right… seems harsh to release him after everything that's happened, also I guess we will never see the Jesse/ino feud end….
        They might bring him back when hes ready to go again though.