Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Sep 30, 2013
Report: Ken Anderson To Re-Sign With TNA

Report: Ken Anderson To Re-Sign With TNA

Mr. Anderson, who is currently not under contract to TNA Wrestling, stated in an interview with 4th & Pain (Adam Carriker of the Washington Redskins and former wrestling announcer Chuck Carroll) that he expects to sign a new contract with Impact Wrestling “within a week.”

He said his agent and lawyer are currently working on finishing up a deal with the company and that he enjoyed the way he was being used creatively before his contract expired.

According to Anderson, not being affiliated TNA Wrestling hasn’t really crossed his mind. He’s also open to taking independent dates.

Also in the interview, Carriker cuts a promo in Anderson’s style to pay off a wager from the Washington Redskins Week 2 loss to the Green Bay Packers. It was a little choppy at points, but Anderson says the man with the largest arms on the defensive line has a future in the ring if he wants one.

Anderson, a huge NFL fan, also chatted pigskin with the guys for a while before talking about his impending twins and whether to “smarten them up” about Santa Claus from the get go.

Washington Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker teams with radio veteran Chuck Carroll to host 4th & Pain — the only football and pro wrestling show hosted by a NFL player and a former wrestling announcer turned weight loss champion. The show is heard weekends on 106.7 The FAN in Washington, D.C. as well as online each weekday at 4thAndPain.com. 4th & Pain interviews Goldberg, Ryback, Jeff Hardy, Titus O’Neil, Miz, Kofi Kingston and more can be found at here.

21 Responses to “Report: Ken Anderson To Re-Sign With TNA”

1. DJBIGCG says:

When Anderson's contract was up, a lot of tna marks said we didn't want him anyway. But if he does actually resign with tna, I bet those same people who wanted him out, will be sooo happy, and chant tna as loud as they can

• godoftna says:

I'll be the first to admit that over the past couple of months, I was one of those people who said that TNA would be better off without him. Then TNA went and brought back the Asshole and made him relevant. I like this deal and think that as long as they pick up where they left off between him and Bully, then it'll be huge.

• Peckar says:

One of the top three guys in the mic and you would have him leave? Creative is the reason he was flat. If they look to give the wrestlers more free reign (which seems to be the case) he is one who would benefit the most. At least you can admit a stupid mistake.

• godoftna says:

Yeah, he was one of the top guys on the mic, but looking back at how he was used(and yes, I blame creative for that), his contract wasn't worth the return. Now that he's getting back to the character that was popular when he debuted(and hopefully staying that way)he can be an asset again.

• jbcissom says:

You must be talking about posters on a different site. There weren't a whole lot of people trashing Anderson. If anything, there were more people championing him and his cause because of Hogan.

• Stunner says:

If this is true I for one will be thrilled, he’s great on the mic. An having him come back and cost Bully the match at BFG series would be epic. Or have him and the Aces&eights turn on Bully would be great to watch on impact. Which would never happen, I think Anderson could either take Over Aces&eights or takeover the TV Title and have the group hold the belt hostage. Anderson’s skills on the mic could get the belt over on him. I really hope this is true. I’ve always thought that if TNA can turn at least WHT and The X-Division Title and say the KOs with strong storylines, they will have a good solid base. This is just my opinion anyway.

• Mr. Excitement says:

I admitted I loved what they were doing with him in the feud with Bully Ray. Before that he was boring.

• Philly_Cheese says:

I was shocked to see them let him go, in fact I thought he was one of the best wrestlers on the roster and always will. Just personally I think they need to give him more mic time, the guy is one of the best in the company at speaking.

• Dependant says:

Hopefully they give him a decent push or have him take over aces.

2. tnadude says:

Because everybody needs an a$$hole!

3. Roid Master says:

I envision a feud w Bully Ray after he affects the outcome of the title match at BFG.

• Stunner says:

A fued with Bully Ray would be Awesome to watch on impact there both great on the mic, and I would love to watch that unfold. I would love to see that end in a PPV cage match.

4. TNA_fan says:

TNA need's an A$$hole!!!

5. Euphoria says:

TNA indeed needs an a$$ hole……………a$$ hole

6. 02Roadking says:

Ok – step 1: Resign Anderson – check
    step 2: Resign Morgan
    step 3: Resign DOC and team him with Knux and put them in the tag title hunt

7. Get_Carter says:

This is good news. With the A&8s storyline most likely coming to an end soon I hope they can keep Ken Anderson in a decent storyline. Anderson seems pretty good at getting "re-invented". After the initial excitement of Mr. Anderson signing with TNA we got the "A**hole" Anderson. Then Ken's involvement with Aces & Eights and now I see Ken's feud with Bully Ray going on through BFG and continuing. I'm excited for the possibilities within the next year.

8. TheMiwyun says:

I hope they resign MISTEERRRRRRRRRRRRR……ANDERHUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

9. hangers says:

They seriously killed his run turning him face too early during the asshole thing..

10. ViceyThaShizzle says:

Glad he's coming back, it was always obvious he was going to get frustrated with A&8s and make trouble, he is an a$hole after all. Maybe he can throw a spanner in the works for Bully at BFG and cause him to lose the WHC. That would take the spotlight away from AJ winning it after all this time though.

11. UK TNA says:

Wait 4 it…..

12. vantheman77 says:

Ken Anderson is vital to TNA's future as he's doing better there than he ever did in WWE.