Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 23, 2014
Report: Talents Frustrated With TNA’s Creative Team

Report: Talents Frustrated With TNA’s Creative Team

Partial Source: Pwinsider.com

UPDATE: Many are upset with TNA creative for how things are being handled backstage. Those who once had access to more information are not happy with how creative have been keeping secrets about their plans. For example, very few people knew Eric Young was going to win the world title. Many feel like if the people in charge of creative put the same amount of energy at keeping secrets as they do toward ideas and planning, the quality of TNA could improve.

Meanwhile, sources in TNA deny that Daniel Bryan’s WWE title win was the inspiration for Young’s win. TNA management claims the title win was done because it was the last live episode for a few weeks and TNA wanted to surprise people. You can be the judge of that but many know how obvious it is that TNA was clearly trying to capitalize off WWE’s success with Daniel Bryan.

ORIGINAL: There is said to be heat on Dixie Carter in TNA because many feel she’s not doing enough to help the company. One of the concerns is the fact that TNA does not have a new TV deal with Spike TV and their current deal ends in October. The last contract they had also expired in the month of October and the company had already agreed to a new deal by this time in that year.

There are also those who are upset with Dixie Carter’s attitude. She recently asked in meetings at TNA’s Nashville headquarters why the company wasn’t in the New Orleans area during WrestleMania week. Many feel that questioning this and the low morale is an example of her criticizing what the company should have done instead of actually getting something done.

Dixie’s mother Janice and a Panda Energy attorney recently visited the TNA HQ in Nashville, which surprised a lot of people, as they normally stay in Texas.

Meanwhile, there are also those in TNA who think that “Big” John Gaburick is out of his element with his current role. He handles the creative direction for the company, something he never did while in WWE.

16 Responses to “Report: Talents Frustrated With TNA’s Creative Team”

1. TNA_Warrior_UK says:

I'm all for EY being the champ, but I would have preffered a bigger build-up and feud with Magnus with the underdog coming out on top in the end.

• It would have never shocked anyone if that happened so I'm glad it happened the way it did like Rhino. Oh who? You mean Daniel Bryan was not the first man to win like he did? Oh my god!!! IWC reactions

• TNA_Warrior_UK says:

There's an argument for both. I didn't watch TNA at the time of Rhino's reign so i can't comment on that.

2. godoftna says:

Dear TNAWWRESTLINGNEWS staff,

Continually deleting my and other people's posts for absolutely no reason makes you look as sad and pathetic as TNA itself these days. Congratulations on making yourselves look like a bunch of chumps.

• jbcissom says:

And that's sad too. I haven't watched Impact! for two weeks now due to other obligations, but from what I've read, I haven't missed much. I like the new deals for Storm, Spud, Gunner, and possibly others, but not capitalizing on your big names (i.e. Sting, Hardy, and Angle) is a huge, glaring failure pointed straight directly at creative. I get that EC3 is a huge, viable option for the future, but he should be going after EY, if you're going to have EY be the champ. And EY needed (and deserved) a huge build like Danielson had. I mean this would have went over much better at BFG having him chase Magnus or a Bobby Roode or an Abyss.

TNA is on a downward trend right now unfortunately. I hope they get out of this rut.

• DarkNexxus says:

Sting is supposedly gone to the WWE, but nobody can confirm an actual signing. Only that he appeared on the WWE network for a warrior tribute. Angle made his comeback this last Thursday, to save Willow aka Hardy from EC3 and ready… spud.

EC3 could be a viable contender for that belt. He has the size, he appears to have the skills, and I like his music. Pitting him against EY would be a good fit, EY has the experience, both are of equal size and I bet they could sell out arenas if they keep it serious and by they, I mean the creative team. No comedy routines, no spud running down in a wheelchair, let the two wrestle, put on a good show, period.

godoftna, thank you. I commented on a story not too long ago, checked it a few days later for replies, and noticed my comment was gone. After doing some rechecking, I realized the original post was removed and then re-added a few days later. Didn't make a lot of sense to me, still doesn't, but at least I know I'm not senile.

• jbcissom says:

I comment, and get the deleted by administrator message.

Sorry got and DN, but I had a pretty decently length post responded to got's initial post and DN's post, and that was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Peace out peeps. Hopefully you all have good days and nights.

• tnadude says:

Deleted by administrator is a bug in the system. It happens immediately, and it doesn't matter what you type.

It's HIGHLY annoying, and part of the reason I don't post here much any more (the other reasons being better TNA sites, redundant posts, and lack of credible content).

But it's still not a conspiracy.

• godoftna says:

Oh, I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think it's lame ass. I even tried copying and pasting my comment a couple of times with the same result each time. The site needs as much work as the promotion does.

• sephstorm says:

This thought process amazes me. Everyone in WWE HATED how E dealt with Bryan and the title, its agreed that he should have had the title long ago. And this concept that Sting, Hardy and Angle are your biggest draws is laughable and sad. For the past 10 years everyone says that you need to focus on the new guys, build them up, then complain when the old talent is released, or isn't main eventing. TNA has done well with letting the old guys pass the buck, and making these guys interesting. What TNA needs to do right now is practice their lines so the talent sounds fluid when you are talking in the ring, build a legitimate tag division for the males and females, and ADVERTIZE! The last time I saw a TNA ad off network was when Hogan came in. They need to use tv advertising to bring in new fans with captivating storylines.

3. TheFurnitureom says:

Your inside source complains about not being told anything and the secrets kept, but then goes and blabs to you private information on TNA happenings backstage? Surely that's point proven on why secrets need to remain secrets?

4. TheFurnitureom says:

ps I'm playing along – you know these guys don't have sources 😉

5. soyfenomenal says:

Who the fuck in their right mind think that just because the two have beards, TNA copied WWE. So fucking stupid.

• JoeWrestling says:

Yeah, and I see the same people could care less that Bryan Danielson stole his gimmick from Diego Sanchez, and his look from Eric Young. But I guess since TNA wanted to put the title on EY and wanted to do it in one show as a surprise, and so therefore decided to have two matches in one n!ght like Bryan did.. I guess they are just thieves for loosely copying an underdog theme. They've been copying WWE themes for a few years now, have gauntlet match around Rumble, have elmination tag around Survivor Series, have ladder match around MITB, have hardcore match around Extreme Rules. They are just trying to capitalize on interest in the wrestling community for that type of match around that time. You see it all the time in Entertainment, you will see made for TV movies with the exact same plot come on free TV before major movies are released in theaters. Every TV show on TV is a copy of another one trying to play on it's success.

6. Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

It would be journalism if you actually contacted sources at TNA for this instead of copy & pasting the opinionated reporting PW Insider does. Why come to this site if I can find it elsewhere first? Goodbye.