Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Dec 31, 2012
Ric Flair Confirms He Wants To Wrestle In WWE

Ric Flair Confirms He Wants To Wrestle In WWE

— You can now follow me (Ryan Clark) on Facebook and Twitter. My Facebook account is located at http://facebook.com/RyanClarkWZR and my Twitter account is at http://twitter.com/RyanClarkWZR My Facebook page is “maxed out” for friend requests but you can still subscribe to get my updates. Hope to see you soon!

— You can email me (Ryan Clark) at Webmaster@ProWrestlingSCOOPS.com. If you’ve got a newsbit please pass it along. We’ll try to confirm it and then post it here on the website with credit to you.

Mark Madden is featuring an interview with WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair where he talks about his recent return to the company on RAW.

“I wanted to wrestle, but they told me I never could. I think I basically wrestled (the last Monday night) didn’t I?,” Flair said to Madden. Madden brought up the retirement angle with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 26 and how WWE wants to stick with it.

“I think they do, but the business is the business. A lot of times right now as we all know, what’s old is new. They can try and lose me, but I won’t let’em.” Flair also noted that he got text messages from Kid Rock and Mickey Rourke who all saw his return on TV with WWE.

9 Responses to “Ric Flair Confirms He Wants To Wrestle In WWE”

1. hangers says:

I think he's delusional if he thinks that he can still work a good, modern day match that they fans will watch and enjoy for more than a couple of minutes..

I hope his retirement angle sticks as seeing him wrestle anymore just chips away at his legacy..

• Philly_Cheese says:

WWE has already told him flat out no, it's not going to happen. I don't think he's physically in good enough condition as it came after a few medical exams that WWE forced him to get. Also considering the retirement angle there's little to no chance of an in-ring return. He just needs to learn to accept that his days are over and help the younger talent.

• toddmikki says:

umm flair could easily wrestle and perform in wwe. have you watched wwe within the last 5 years? wwe sucks!

• tnadude says:

You know, I think Flair can go. I think Flair is one of those guys who will be able to go until he, well goes to his grave. It's just the way he lives his life.

The truth is though that he really needs to keep his shirt on. He never had Rick Rude's body and he certainly doesn't now. Nobody wants to look at that.

But if he's fit to go into the ring, and they can do it in a way that doesn't disturb people, why not? I said in an earlier post that Hogan had the most compelling matches I've ever watched. But Ric Flair has the best routine the business has ever seen. And Flair was always about entertaining the fans first, second, and third. That's why he still goes to the top rope in every match even though he's never done anything but get thrown off of it.

And that's just priceless.

• Philly_Cheese says:

He really can't wrestle anymore, he's not in the physical or medical condition to be doing so. WWE told him no after having him checked on medically, so there's probably an issue that's not being discussed. Finally any trained wrestler can tell you, he's not in the physical shape to wrestle at all. Was I the only person who seen that terrible eye rake on raw?

2. rawuncutnxrated says:

Flair is good for a pop, and all that but just stick to retirement. Enjoy it. He can help in the back, WWE needs severe help with their promos. Well, most people in the biz need help with the promo, it is hard to be fire and few have it. Flair would be a good one to bounce ideas off of. He need not be in a match, it isn't needed anymore and I would personally enjoy that matches mean something when they are packaged & sold that way, like Shawn & Ric's retirements.

3. Herr_Odditus says:

A year or two ago when he wrestled Sting he moved really slow and it was just sad to watch. And besides that, what recently happened with Jerry Lawler is a perfect example of why men in their 60s should no longer wrestle. It won't be fun to watch, and he could have a heart attack on live TV. Its not a good idea.