Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 15, 2013
Rob Van Dam Comments On TNA Status …. Sort Of!

Rob Van Dam Comments On TNA Status …. Sort Of!

Credit: IPadio.com

Rob Van Dam commented on his TNA status on Thursday night. Here are the highlights…

“I have been reading a lot of tweets concerning my contract with TNA as of late. Questions such as, ‘Is it true your contract is up?’ ‘Has your contract expired?’ ‘Are you re-signing with TNA?’ ‘Are you joining WWE?’ ‘What’s the deal?’ I appreciate all of the questions and I’m happy to address it…just not right now.

I plead the Fifth due to the grounds that it may be detrimental to my ongoing business affairs. Thank you for understanding. And, very soon, we’ll talk about just that.”

We reported the following here on the website yesterday:

As previously reported, Rob Van Dam is not booked for tonight’s TNA iMPACT! tapings in Chicago. The reason for that is because his contract expired over the weekend.

While both sides are currently talking about a new deal, at this time, RVD is a free agent.

We also posted the following late Wednesday night here on the website:

Rob Van Dam’s TNA contract is expiring very shortly, possibly this week. If not this week, then at some point next week. He didn’t appear at the Lockdown pay-per-view and there are rumors he may not re-sign with the company.

When asked by a fan on Twitter if he was looking forward to being in Chicago, IL for Thursday’s live iMPACT!, he replied with the following “Ill be in Cali. More on that in a few days.”

5 Responses to “Rob Van Dam Comments On TNA Status …. Sort Of!”

1. Peckar says:

So, that sounds like he may be negotiating with both companies. Maybe.

2. Treck says:

He has lost a step. If I was TNA I would not resign him. But again he is very popular there. I would if he did resign like to see him as a cocky heel. Because his arrogance is unbelievable as a face. But then I heard he does not want to be a heel ever again. Well to me he is boring nowadays ..

• JoeWrestling says:

I understand the sentiment but if I was TNA I would resign him since he will be a draw for Impact on the road, because like it or not, he has a lot of WWE fans who have not seen him at live appearances in awhile and he will prove a draw on the promotional adverts for ticket sales. Of course he is old hat for current fans, but you want new fans to come out because they know the RVD name, and then be impressed by the current TNA stars. Putting "AJ Styles" or "Austin Aries" on a radio advert isn't going to mean squat to the general public. You need to draw people in to see how good they are.

3. lethalgunstyles says:

aces and eights?

• JoeWrestling says:

I wouldn't do that. A&8 needs to only be veteran heels or ugly / goon henchmen. That's one reason Anderson doesn't really fit in, but he is positioned as an odd man in the group. He was invited to join to get the numbers advantage, so he could easily be kicked out. A lot of people may act like Knox or DOC aren't valuable to A&8 but if you notice the size of these guys, they are legit big men and I suspect to see them go after the tag titles. I also suspect Ivelisse may join A&8 and contend for the Knockouts title. Which she's also from Chicago, so if they go there for BFG it will be perfect. They should hold all the gold by BFG. I would even consider putting in a swerve at BFG where a TNA guy challenges an A&8 guy and the TNA guy wins, the crowd goes wild. Then the A&8 puts the boots to their guy almost as a punishment for losing. Then they hug the TNA guy and we find out he's a new member and the other guy was being kicked out all along.