Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 15, 2013
Rob Van Dam Rips TNA Wrestling – Details

Rob Van Dam Rips TNA Wrestling – Details

As posted earlier today, RVD has a new audio blog which discusses his WWE return. In it, he talks about the quality of his matches, saying:

“WWE is truly the best of the best when it comes to professional wrestling…What makes it the best? Way, way, way more people watch WWE than any other wrestling. They have the best wrestlers…I can tell you from being in the ring with these guys that once I went to WWE I noticed right away the skill level, the well roundedness, the talent of the wrestlers in WWE, way above where I have been before. Many of you noticed my matches were better, but you couldn’t put your finger on why they’re better. I’m telling you it’s because I’m swimming in a different pool. Some of the other guys – their achievements are not as grand, the stars that they have wrestled are not as well-rounded. They’re used to wrestling each other, and they’re limited, and even though fans may prefer that, it’s gonna be a small group of fans that support that.” If you listen to the actual audio blog, you’ll know he’s clearly talking about TNA.

You can listen to the audio blog here.

47 Responses to “Rob Van Dam Rips TNA Wrestling – Details”

1. nate says:

This isn’t surprising! RVD I am sure got paid well to be there! As far as some of the wrestlers not being ‘well rounded’ I hope he is talking about someone like Robbie E and not AJ Styles!

RVD fits in WWE well! In TNA, RVD seemed like a mid card wrestler in a Main Event role.

2. Stunner says:

After the meat grinder known as (WWE) is done with him. Then he’ll change his tune to get a check from TNA!

• ariesstormjoe says:

by that time he should be retired. i expect him to be with wwe at least 3 years. but depending on injuries could well do 5 well.

• Luis says:

I’m pretty sure he is only saying that from his opinion because I don’t watch WWE because they don’t wrestle. They talk more than wrestle and its really too predictable. I use to be a diehard WWE fan until I saw Triple H win the title 50 times.

3. BK_Decker says:

RVD has lost my respect totally…he has no professional class. And finally he has become a total WWE kiss a$$, but seriously RVD thinks he's big of a superstar I hope TNA never hires him again. YIKES!!!!

• ariesstormjoe says:

i sadly have to agree. thought he was classier than that.

aries, aj styles, storm, roode, daniels, kazarian, samoa joe to name a few are great wrestlers and it seems rvd is looking down on them cos they've never "made it" in wwe. sounds a bit attention seeking. rvd no doubt knows what hes doing.

• ricky_No1 says:

Yea mine too. He just comes across as unprofessional. Could he get his tongue any further up vinni macs *******?

4. soyfenomenal says:

HAHAAHA he's just like any piece of shit WWE mark. "WWE is better because more people watch it!" hurrdurr.

5. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Main eventers for each company:
    WWE: Seamus, Randy Orton, John Cena, Mark Henry
    TNA: AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe

'Nuff said.

• OldManEaston says:

You deliberately left out CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.

• Bigmike885 says:

thats really your argument? Like Old maneaston said..you totally left out Punk/Bryan/Lesnar/Del Rio and ziggler. Any one of them is at least on par with all those you mentioned, and Punk and Bryan are probably the best 2 wrestlers in the world right now. And really…would you call Styles/Roode or Joe main event guys in TNA right now? Whens the last time Joe main evented? Roode? STYLES?…

• TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

I don't rate either Alberto Del Rio or Dolph Ziggler very highly.
        Seeing as though they are in the bound for glory series, I'd go out on a limb and count them as Main-Event wrestlers.

• Bigmike885 says:

So Hernandez and jay Bradley are main eventers?Sent from my iPhone

• OldManEaston says:

That makes me question if you really even know talent then, because both Del Rio and Ziggler are two of the best all-round most talented wrestlers in the world today. Both of them are equal to anybody in TNA right now not named Austin Aries or AJ Styles in terms of their overall in-ring ability and versatility. Ziggler has perhaps the best in-ring psychology of anybody in a generation.

• Bigmike885 says:

its not you man..its the sheep on this site..Styles could go to WWE and every single one of them would say "hes lost a step..or he was never really that good"..Problem is..most of the guys/gals on this site don't watch raw (sometime I don't blame them one bit) but Raw is used for what it should be used for..to Sell PPVS…so no..they don't have 5 star matches every week..they attempt to put those one PPV (attempt is the key word, sometimes they miss the mark..so does TNA) and get you to pay 45-60 dollars to watch…Part of TNAs problem is Impact has so many good matches on Impact..that nobody bought their PPVs…

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

Thank you for saving me the time… The guys TNA should have in the main event seem to rarely get the opportunity. *Cue Jeff Hardy's music…

• Bigmike885 says:

The thing is….some people on here don't get what it means to be main event. It doesn't mean that you're the best wrestler it means you put asses in the seats Sadly hardy does that. Aj, while amazing, doesn't.Sent from my iPhone

• Leg Drop Jobber says:

I agree and I think that happens to be partially TNA's fault. They seem to lack the ability to either build characters, or let the person develop it themselves.

6. TheBringer92 says:

There really isnt any need to bash TNA just take the high ground and say "I had fun"

7. Dante_Cross says:

I LOL'd so much at this interview. He sounds so much like a typical internet mark. Just that line about being better simply because more people watch it killed me. And to say WWE wrestlers are BETTER than TNA, Oh god, Oh god he kills me.

8. jbcissom says:

Ain't it funny how so many guys are WWE marks when they are on the payroll? Yet once those checks stop… Hey, WWE is crap… the indy circuit/RoH/TNA/Mexico/Japan is where it is at.

• Bigmike885 says:

Ask yourself this..if your working for a company..and for some reason you have to do a interview for something…would you bash the company you work for? Im sure most of you will say yes..on the internet..but if the time ever truly came..youd say the company shit out sunshine and gold..because that's who signs your check. That's all hes doing..

9. mb113 says:

Noticed a trend, WWE propaganda cutting down tna on the dirt sheet sites pops up… especially around a big night like tonight.

10. TNA_fan says:

If WWE cuts him, he'll be bagging TNA to sign him.

11. hangers says:

Of course he's going to say that now he's in WWE, if Lebron James (and he's no Lebron) signed for New York tomorrow, would he still be calling Miami the best franchise in the league?

His performances in TNA weren't good because of himself, smoking too much weed and not really giving a shit. He came to TNA thinking he would draw the house down but when it didn't happen he lost interest fast and so did the fans. I think his character and run could have been worked better than it was but to blame his opponents is a very long stretch…

• jbcissom says:

The last part of the first sentence of the second paragraph… the part about RVD not giving a sh!t… that's it. And him blaming it on the talent shows exactly how class he has. It's one thing to blast creative. But to blast the guys who are working in the ring with you, busting their @$$3$ just as hard (and in this case harder) as you are… this guy deserves to be jobbed out to the Funk-a-whatever the hell they are in WWE.

12. Bat says:

LMAO wow, I want some of that new bud Van Dam is on.

13. RavenNevermore says:

I was so happy wen this has been left. Good ridence! Not shocking that he is kissing WWE’s ass. The whole effen joke

14. Laker says:

RVD is right… He has better matches in WWE

But the reason why is because WWE superstars suck and make him look better

TNA STARS OUTSHINE RVD!

• OldManEaston says:

No, it is because he is in a little bit better shape and tires a little harder. WWE has some very good talent on par with the best in TNA. There was a time when TNA did have the edge, but this hasn't been the case for at least 3 years.

• Bigmike885 says:

Im glad someone on here gets it..Its funny how so many people on here say that wwe has no talent, but their top tear talent is, right now, better than TNA. Bryan and Punk are probably the best 2 wrestlers going…and I know I'm going to get ALOT of hate for this, but TNA would LOVE if they could get their hands on either John Cena or Randy Orton….you know..because it would get attention that TNA needs…people WOULD take notice if WWE's top stars jumped..and as much as I cant stand him..you put Cena in with the right guys..his matches are very good. I love TNA, but there's only so many Styles/Daniels/Joe matches I can watch…

• OldManEaston says:

Absolutely. Randy Orton has matured and has become a very solid worker, Cena likewise. I just despise Cena as he focus of the company all the damn time.

• Bigmike885 says:

Couldn't agree more. His promos suck ass as they are geared towards 2 year olds. But when he gets in the ring and actually wrestles. He's really goodSent from my iPhone

• hangers says:

I think the only current WWE wrestler who would make a big difference to TNA's ratings would be Cena. They do have some really good talent though but their production budget helps a hell of a lot.

• Bigmike885 says:

oh of course it does!…it makes it look top of the line..There are times that TNA looks like a indy show…and that does hurt them…Cena would defitnly make a difference..i think Punk might be able to move the needle now..but he'd have to have the creative freedom to do what he does best…

• hangers says:

I think the rest of them would only have a Jeff Hardy like effect. Punk and Daniels feed of being indie in WWE and it works there but in TNA theyre just two more indie guys..

• Bigmike885 says:

Only thing with punk is you can actually feel his anger. If they give him a live mic he is the best promo in the business.Sent from my iPhone

• hangers says:

True, he does cut a damn good promo, but tna just doesn't have the audience to sustain his run. Cena is mainstream big, Punk wrestling big, the two of them together would together would bring an audience but without the reach and budget of WWE it would only be a matter of time before wwe manufactures the next-generation of superstars and takes those viewers back..

• Bigmike885 says:

And in that statement you showed tnas true problem. They don't think any of their “homegrown” guys can be big stars.Sent from my iPhone

15. Chris youngblood says:

RVd was a good wrestler 15 years ago but now he is a washed up pothead who missed more than he hit

16. OldManEaston says:

It would be easy to take RVD more seriously if he had actually worked hard in TNA. He didn't, end of story. The only good matches he ever had in TNA where when someone else helped to elevate it. He never had a match with anyone in TNA where you could jump out and say "WOW RVD really made that match". His match with TNA in new Japan was absolutely horrible, even for a garbage style match, with his opponent taking his best spots and RVD still looked a slow, lazy guy going through the motions. RVD simply didn't give a crap in TNA, and he has only worked marginally harder in WWE. He is in a little bit better shape though, which shows he takes WWE more seriously.

17. Roid Master says:

I watched Smackdown a couple of weeks ago. I really tried to like it…I couldn't. The promo RVD, Christian, and Randy Orton did before their 3 way match looked like it was written by a middle schooler and the acting was horrible. The match wasn't much better. I'm glad he left TNA. He was boring to watch.

18. tna4life says:

Yeah RVD mustrbe smokinhg once again to say WWE wrestling is better than TNA. WWE matchex ate lije 3 moved then both wrestlers take arest fir 10 minutes and then b en go to a finish. I might be wrong but wasnt RVD the one when he wax in TNA stated that the WWE didnt treat him right. But now he back I. The WWE hes changing course? Rvd needs to stay off the drugs.

19. Cezar_TheScribe says:

Better wrestling means more people are watching? RVD is high as a kite if he believes that.

20. whatsup121 says:

just wait till the drug testing Mr. 4:20 then we'll see who's laughing last

21. kleindavid52 says:

ok I watch both tna and wwe and from what I have seen his matches have gotten better since going to the wwe. I don't know if he just didn't care bout tna or he just didn't like doing shows foe like 3,000 fans. besides the talent pool in tna just isn't what it was b4 I mean cme on u the hukster and his daughter then u got a olympion who is abovr the law c if any one of u had been arrested for yr 4th dwi u would b in prison right now. anyway then ther is sting and don't get me started on this stupid ufc shit come on its almost as bad as when pac man jones was in tna and won the tag titles. RVD just realized he needed to get of a sinking ship and back in the spot light. he's not a main eventer in the big E he's still a mid card so what has changed oh yeah more them about 2 million people are watching him do it now