Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Apr 6, 2013
RVD & Maria Kanellis Returning To WWE?, Details

RVD & Maria Kanellis Returning To WWE?, Details

Rob Van Dam said that he “plans to return to TV very soon,” but didn’t say if it was for TNA or WWE.

He said: “The reason that I’ve been really quiet as far as my (TNA) contract goes, the people that really don’t know, really don’t know. The only person that knows is me. I do have plans to return very soon and wrestle on TV, and it won’t be with any (independent) promotions. I will be wrestling with either TNA or WWE very soon.”

Maria Kanellis said that she will “eventually part ways” with Ring of Honor, and said she hopes to return to WWE with her fiancee Mike Bennett.

She said: “I want to go back to WWE, and maybe Mike will come with me.”

She also commented on the Old School vs New School Divas match at WrestleMania that never happened.

She added: “I was one of the girls that they called. We were fine on all the details. I’ve owned my name since I was a little girl, so that wasn’t a problem for me. WWE was totally cool with everything, but the storyline just fell through; I was excited about it.”

You can hear both interviews here.

18 Responses to “RVD & Maria Kanellis Returning To WWE?, Details”

1. lee4tammy says:

i hope he leaves tna

2. soyfenomenal says:

I hope RVD goes to WWE and is forced to actually put someone over if he wants the money.

3. vantheman77 says:

For RVD, it's likely TNA since he praised them for his light schedule and creative control. Plus, he recently took on Jerry Lynn for the final time at TNA's One Night Only PPV.

• Bigmike885 says:

HA!..Wouldn't that be a bitch..they already tapped all those PPVS and he leaves..i didn't even think of that..

4. toddmikki says:

I hope he goes to wwe so i never have to watch him wrestle again! I understand hes got a name but he has to be the most overrated wrestler of all time! Terrible on the mic, no character, very boring wrestler, looks stupid, and a well known pot head.

• annil8or4321 says:

who cares if he smokes pot, hes not shoving it into anyones face, more people do it than you think i could name a senator and a whole slew of high ranking officials that toke on the regular

5. hangers says:

The man is boring, unless he turns heel I can't see how else h can re-invigorate his career..

6. Treck says:

Indeed he is boring unless he turns heel and he has stated he never wants to. Now he cannot do so in tna. But I am sure if he was given lots of money to wear a. Dress and act like a girl for wwe he probably will and the fans who like the wwe who hate tna and hounded tna sites saying he is a joke would love him in wwe with any gimmick . And with wwe’s current state he would be the whole darn show.

7. Tiffanydude says:

I actually like RVD but it's just TNA's bad booking and creative team that ruins people like RVD's potential

• powerbomb says:

TNA has great wrestlers like AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Rood, Samoa Joe, Magnus, Kurt Angle, and more, but their booking and creative sucks and that’s what’s killing TNA

• Tiffanydude says:

What does AJ, Aries, Joe, Angle or Roode have to do with anything? Right now these guys have great booking but guys like Gunner (who hasn't appeared since Kash left) and Crimson (IDK where the F he is) aren't utilized as well and everyone loved Gunner when slammed Anderson into a table.

8. 1Risky1 says:

Does WWE even want him or Maria, Maria even wants to go with his boy and who knows if they want him

9. whatsup121 says:

RVD needs a new gimmick

10. Real Deal Heel says:

Turn him heel as the Whole F'N show with a bad ego trip….kinda like Roode. I think it would work…then again…I don't think RVD wants to go heel aka Goldberg….self-inflated ego that can't take the boos. It's a shame..cuz it would be good.

11. brahbrah69 says:

Half these people saying RVD is boring are samoa joe fans…enough said talk about boring, and over rated…-_-