Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jul 1, 2013
**SPOILERS** – Another Main Event Mafia Member

**SPOILERS** – Another Main Event Mafia Member

— As noted earlier, TNA has removed the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championships from the official roster page over on The tag team titles were first introduced back in September 2009 and were last held by Eric Young and ODB.

— Besides Rampage Jackson, one of the newest members also includes Bound for Glory series leader, Magnus, aka “The Brit.” The current five members of Main Event Mafia include Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Magnus and Rampage Jackson.

16 Responses to “**SPOILERS** – Another Main Event Mafia Member”

1. godoftna says:

Magnus is a good choice, as is Angle. Rampage was a predictable choice as it only makes sense to put him with a high profile group now that he's in TNA. Joe I like, but not sure if he should be in the Mafia. Still think they should add Matt Morgan and EY, but definitely shouldn't let the group get to big, so they probably won't be.

• Bigmike885 says:

so we have a group called the "main event mafia" and you think that Magnus is a better choice than Joe..who has been in main events..and a former champion? and you think EY would be a good you want to turn this into the NWO..where there is 2 or 3 guys who deserve to be there, than water it down with midcard talent..good call :)

• jbcissom says:

1. Besides HH (not even Sting gets as much crossover pull to the general public) EY is the most recognizable TNA talent outside of the wrestling world. TNA needs to capitalize on that, period!

2. He never said Magnus was a better choice. He simply stated he liked it first, because this thread is about Magnus. He also said he liked Joe.

• tnadude says:

Don't hate on EY. In the ring, he's as fluid as anyone I've seen. He can wrestle, has a great routine, and is good on the mic. He's also got his on show so he has more mass appeal than most (including Joe – although I do like him in MEM).

EY is a guy that really could go places if done right.

• Bigmike885 says:

I'm not “hating” on ey. But bottom line is this group was built of former world champions and main eventers. Ey is not one of them. I love the guy. But come on.Sent from my iPhone

• jbcissom says:

I used to think Morgan, but now I'm backing off that notion. I'm hoping TNA is giving him some rest to come back for a monster push… and hopefully as a heel. I get where you're coming from about Joe, but I like it. I know that Joe marches to the beat of a different drummer backstage than most, so TNA including him in the MEM shows to me that he's back in good graces… sorta.

• Doomsday says:

Well that’s just stupid.

Didn’t Angle say in the last Impact that all members were to former world champions?

Personally I can’t stand Magnus. Rampage….yea he’s a been a champ but hasn’t wrestled.

I would have liked to see Bobby Roode and Austin Aries.

This just makes the MEM seem to be like WCWs nWo 2000 (Jeff Jarrett, Bret Hart ect).

Oh well

• jbcissom says:

That was the old MEM. This is the new MEM. It's going to be used to push Magnus to that next level. Remember how WWE used Evolution to push Batista and Orton?

2. UCEAD11 says:

That is an awesome mafia name The Brit. I think if they play this one right, this is going to be awesome.

3. Roid Master says:

Old news at this point. They should have posted it with the spoiler for last night's recordings.

4. RavenNevermore says:

I knew when Sting said a new mafia that there would be guys who have not been a world champion yet. I think this is great if this means Magnus wins the BFG series and becomes world champion. Its his time.

• soyfenomenal says:

Screw you it's AJ Styles' time. If they want Magnus to beat AJ for it at Lockdown, fine, but not from Bully.

• godoftna says:

I agree. I think Magnus is a rising star in TNA, but the signs are pointing towards an AJ vs Bully Title match at B4G. We've been wrong in the past as TNA has thrown a few last minute swerves to change things up(remember 2 years ago when Crimson was the points leader up til the last few weeks and then he "suffered an injury" that knocked him out?), but I've gotta think this one is a safe bet. Besides, if Magnus is included in the MEM/AN8s war, then Magnus will end up working in whatever match they set up for them(I'm personally hoping for a Lethal Lockdown or elimination style 5 on 5 match). For now, Magnus should get a nice run with the TV title and hopefully bring some prominence to that belt. Come Lockdown or Slammiversary next year, as long as the stars are stilled lined up for him, then I could see Magnus becoming TNA World champion.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Correct, it'll probably be AJ vs Bully at B4G… Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't his no compete for the world title end at B4G this year? I can't see Magnus holding the title… imo he hasn't done anything special, and he's mediocre at best. There's just a huge list of people who would be a far better choice as far as heavyweight champ goes. I could by all means see him holding the TV title for a while.

5. Fa11en_Ang3l says:

Why Magnus?! Why not Sting, Angle, Joe, Rampage, Aries, and Roode? WTF TNA? Sting even said that the Rule to join was that you had to be a former World Heavyweight Champion!

• Philly_Cheese says:

Because someone in TNA seems to think Magnus can draw… Really I can't see anything special about him. He's mediocre across the board, and hasn't done anything to stand out imo.