Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 19, 2013
Sting Reveals How Much Longer He Plans To Wrestle

Sting Reveals How Much Longer He Plans To Wrestle

Muscle and Fitness has an interview up with TNA star Sting where he talks about how much longer he plans to wrestle. For those unaware, he’s now 54 years old and still going strong. He said:

“I’ve learned not to give a time. I can’t go on wrestling much longer. I’m taking it, literally, one month at a time. I’m under contract until January of next year, so we’ll see what’s happening. I do want to do more movies. I’m looking at a few different things, reality shows being one of them. I’m just trying to move onto the next season of my life. As far as wrestling goes, I’ve stayed away from the creative part of it all these years, I just don’t want to sit in on the meetings and babysit wrestlers and personalities and all that. But, there are things I’d like to see happen in pro wrestling and I may try to make it materialize. I don’t know.”

You can read the full interview by clicking here.

15 Responses to “Sting Reveals How Much Longer He Plans To Wrestle”

1. soyfenomenal says:

So basically, he restates that there is no set time he'd like to continue wrestling. Cunt-ass site fishing for hits.

2. OldManEaston says:

Kind of surprising to hear that Sting was only doing 435 when he was juiced. Early on in his career he hid it well that he wasn't one of the stronger guys in NWA and WCW. He always came off as one of the stronger guys, and had the powerlifter look too. He wasn't overly cut and just looked like a beast at one point at about 265 pounds. When I was trying to get into wrestling in the mid 90's I would have killed to have his early look That was the wrestling look. I would have taken roids if I could have afforded them to get it too. I am glad that wasn't meant to be, but I'd be lying if I said I would not have done it. He had a much better physique than I ever did, and it is surprising that he was only doing about 35 pounds more in his bench press than I was at my physical peak and I only weighed 235 and was starved for protein.

• ricky_No1 says:

Bench is no mark of strength. Only a gym rat would think so. Now stop been so self indulgent.

• OldManEaston says:

BULLSH*T! So someone like Scott Norton who could do 650 is no sign of being strong? In what world on what planet is that not a mark of strength? On this one, planet Earth, it is.

• ricky_No1 says:

Squat, deadlift. Now thats a real mark of strenth. That is why so many pussys boast about their bench but run away from a squat rack as fast as a fart in a whirlwind.

• jbcissom says:

I gotta agree with this punk on this one. The squat and deadlift involve more muscles… muscles that are actually used during the day by the "normal" human being. The bench is just a layman's boast.

The true lift of champions (strength), overhead cleans. Basically dead lift the weight, then clean to shoulder, then press over head.

• ricky_No1 says:

Glad we can agree on one thing

• OldManEaston says:

They are ALL marks of strength. Bottom line is though, when we are talking about Bench Press, and that is the topic. You DO NOT bench 600, hell even 500 unless you have incredible upper body strength.

3. whatsup121 says:

If you notice his responses. He used to say I'm taking it year by year, and now he responding with month by , month. I think sting will truly retire soon, so enjoy the matches while we can

4. Steven kelly says:

It will be a sad loss to wrestling as a whole

5. TheMiwyun says:

Enough about sting. where is goldberg?

6. tnadude says:

I think a lot of it has to do with his son being in school and wanting to see him play college ball. If I had the opportunity, I'd quit to be there for my kid. Particularly given the amount of travel Sting's endured over the years.

Just sayin…