Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Feb 4, 2013
Sting Speaks Out – HOF, Why He Keeps Returning To TNA

Sting Speaks Out – HOF, Why He Keeps Returning To TNA

Wrestling legend Sting was a guest on the WrestleShark and spoke about his loyalty to TNA and Dixie Carter, why he stayed with the company for the past several years and more. Here are some highlights:

Why Sting feels loyalty to TNA: “The group of men and women under the TNA roof, the fans, the brand, I just feel content here. The home has been good here; Dixie Carter, the Carter family have been great to work with over the years and Dixie is very persuasive.”

Why Sting kept coming back to TNA: “Dixie was very persuasive, being willing to make it right in terms of scheduling, the time on the road, of course money is an issue, it just all came together. And I love the brand…that’s all there is to it. It was like a now or never moment for me.”

Sting on TNA going on the road and helping TNA become a household name: “I think if we go out on the road there is a lot of potential for that to happen.”

Sting on his TNA Hall of Fame induction: “Very humbling…because there are so many other guys, the Samoa Joes, the A.J. Styles, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Jeff Jarrett, who were here before I was. They helped build a foundation for this company,” Sting said. “I was kind of like ‘am I being put out to pasture here or what?’ [laughs] plus I’m an active wrestler. So it seems kind of weird to be inducted into the Hall of Fame while you’re still working.”

34 Responses to “Sting Speaks Out – HOF, Why He Keeps Returning To TNA”

1. soyfenomenal says:

Sting should go to WWE!!!
    *Waits for the infinite negative votes and flame from serious people*

2. Bigmike885 says:

So in other words.."they're willing to pay me huge money to barley work"..not to knock him..but thats pretty much what hes saying…

3. tna24 says:

not to knock this website, but wasnt a story like this reported already?

4. Connie says:

Sting is NOT divorced that’s something he is 100% against. I have no idea why anyone even wants Stinger to go to WWE, so they can just bury him & own the rights to his name & everything he’s ever done. I don’t think Sting will go to WWE it’s to late now. Why is everyone wanting Sting v Taker? I don’t get it, Takers a legend but Stingers an icon, why is that match important? I love Stingers loyalty. & he doesn’t get paid as much as some of the roster, he still gives us great matches. I saw him superplex doc from the top rope at the Manchester tapings it was incredible. So to say he does barely any work is crazy.

• soyfenomenal says:

I don't even want him to go to WWE. it's called a joke.

• Bigmike885 says:

ok..i agree with most all you said, but Taker is on the same level or even bigger than sting..there s reason him only wrestling once a year is still a HUGE draw…

• Bigmike885 says:

oh..and BTW..taker was Stings age 3 years ago..and i saw him sucicide dive over the top rope in the match of the decade with Michaels..Sting is great, but get off his nuts..

• 92conniewtna says:

Sting is 6 years old than Taker. & he's better than great. There is nothing you could possibly say to make me think any different. I wasn't bad mouthing Taker in any way though. Plus we're purely basing this on opinion, I prefer Sting, you Taker, we'll never come to an agreement. :)

• soyfenomenal says:

Undertaker is 6 years younger..

5. soyfenomenal says:

I've gotten 60 negative votes from butthurt scrubs. Lol. My first comment wasn't even serious. Shows what kind of bitches you people are.

6. Philly_Cheese says:

To anyone on here flipping out about the going to WWE stuff. It's easy, the original poster was being sarcastic. Sting would never go to WWE for one pure reason… They'd consider him a legend… Yeah he'd get that huge match with Taker, but after that you'd never see him again. It's like the people who are on contract and are seldom ever seen, Nash, Mick Foley, Booker T, Bret Hart, the list just goes on. He'd be stuck in a contract with them that's near impossible to break, and would be stuck doing nothing with himself.

• ariesstormjoe says:

which means the only way he'd sign with wwe is if it was made 1 match. WM with taker. then next day the contract is done, finitio, over.

sting has said in the past that its came close to happening but he knows what will will happen once hes signed his character just wouldnt be used well at all.

• Philly_Cheese says:

The thing is, WWE doesn't allow wrestlers to do one time deals and allow him to go back to working somewhere else. If he did do a one time deal with WWE under a contract that 90 day no compete clause would be in there. A 90 day no compete means he's stuck doing next to nothing 90 days following.

I think at this point in sting's career money isn't an issue for him, he seems to do it more so because he enjoys it. You have to look at it this way… Many people who get close to retirement or actually retire, willingly keep working out of boredom. I know a guy at my work who's "retired" but took a job out of boredom, and reinvests his entire pay check in company stocks.

7. UCEAD11 says:

Sting says he would not ever go to WWE.

8. 92conniewtna says:

Well at the end of the day none of us know what will happen for sure. Maybe Stinger will change his mind, but I personally believe he has to much pride for that, and I don't blame him. He's done great things for TNA and I hope that's the company he is with when he sadly decides to retire.