Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 12, 2012
Sting Talks Aces & 8s, Creative Direction, WWE?, Future

Sting Talks Aces & 8s, Creative Direction, WWE?, Future

Sting recently spoke with the Phoenix New Times promoting Bound for Glory and discussed the Aces and 8s angle, TNA’s overall creative direction and more. Check out the highlights:

On the segment where he and Hulk Hogan were kidnapped by Aces and 8s: “Yeah…I do have a lot to say about that but, you know, I just need to play it safe for right now. I can say that we were real close to needing S.A.G. cards, you know? (laughs) We need to be with the guild here if we keep going like this.”

On whether fans will be satisfied with the Aces and 8s payoff: “That is always a concern and I’ve been on both sides of the fence when there’s been a big build-up happening and there was not a payoff and there’s nothing worse, believe me. But, man, when the payoff is there and delivery is made, it’s awesome. Only time will tell. My hands have not really been around this one like in the past because it’s not about me. I just want to try to make it as good as I possibly can.”

On TNA’s creative direction: “I’m glad that the storylines are what they are now…eh, I don’t agree with everything happening, but, again, whatever is put before me, I will always just try to enhance or tweak or make changes that I think will make it better for everybody,” Sting said. “And I’m not just talking about for myself, I’m talking about for everybody.”

On who he would like to work with: “Magnus is somebody who I’m watching and going, ‘Man, there’s definitely that could be done with him.’ He just needs to find his niche. There are few others that I’m interested in working with and I want to do that.”

On how much longer he’ll wrestle: “That question comes (up) about once a year and its a legitimate question. Every year I think, ‘How long am I going to do this?’ And it’s one of those play it by ear and see what happens kind of things.”

On a potential WWE jump: “I know every year there seems to be talk of it. There’s rumors that always fly. It was all over the Internet pretty big last year or the year before. So, I don’t know, especially now that I will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame. They may just turn the page at that point. I have no idea.”

On what he would be looking for in a potential WWE leap: “It’s too tough of a question to answer because its not just what they would do. It would have to depend on what the dynamics of that particular time would be. What’s going on? What’s the context? For example, right here with TNA. What are my choices? You just never say never.”

On wanting to be able to use his WCW footage (which WWE owns): “There have been times over the years where I wanted to have some footage to use for other personal things in life and I don’t have it. Although I did call once and they were great. They gave me whatever I needed and it was nice.”

14 Responses to “Sting Talks Aces & 8s, Creative Direction, WWE?, Future”

1. Kyle says:

Greatest wrestler ever!!!!

2. Kyle says:

I love that he’s the most popular wrestler that never signed with WWE. That said, there’s only two reason I would ever want him there. 1. The DVD that would be made. 2. For him to wrestle The Undertaker at a Wrestlemania, and be the guy to end the streak.

3. DJBIGCG says:

I would love to see sting at the end of wwe monday night raw in a packed sold out crowd and just come out and say whatever is on his mind in the middle of the ring. His time in wcw, his time in tna, his time in other wrestling promotions and wrestle a match at wrestlemania and be in the wwe hof

• oh0K says:

That will NEVER happen, because the only way for it to work is to be lowered from the roof, and he would never trust them after they murdered owen.

• Raincold57 says:

what is you're obsession with the wwe?? he made himself into a icon without being one of vinces puppets.. i respect sting for that.

4. Buseye says:

Sting is better off staying where he's at.
    If the WWE would like to have a "Sting" – like character on their roster then it would be best if they would create their own version.
    I mean,look at the "Undertaker" character,no other wrestling company has come close to duplicating it except maybe TNA did with "Judas Mesias" and that character could have played out a lot longer even years more if TNA would have kept it up and learn how to use him other than feuding with Abyss or having anything else to do with Abyss.

5. whatsup121 says:

Sting by far is one of the greatest of all time wrestler's

6. piro4351 says:

TNA fuckingSUCKs and he would do good in jumping hsip thee for a final run in the E. TNA is the worst company ever, the storylines never amountto anything, no hype, no nothing. its horrible. i stopped watching because austing caries and that aces n apes storyline got so lame it made me sick. its time to jump..the onl reason why hes still in lame Total Nonstop Aging is because they pay him the money they pay him and becuz he has that super light schedule. TNA is a complete joke .

7. Warrior_86 says:

The video package they put together for Sting on impact was great. Although WCW footage was missing for obvious reasons, it still brought back great memories! A true legend!