Credit: Jeremy Moses and Prowrestling.net
– Sting joined KSR in the 11 AM EDT hour. His son, Steven Borden, is a LB for the University of Kentucky.
– They hyped the TNA iMPACT! taping in Louisville for July 18 and the TNA BaseBrawl event in Lexington this Saturday before the interview.
– Sting talked about his son’s football career, and noted he visited for UK’s spring game.
– The hosts hyped BaseBrawl. Sting said fans would see some of the best in a different setting.
– Jones asked about the Slammiversary match. Sting said that it’s not so much about the world title for him now. He questioned if it was a step toward retirement. He said he didn’t want to retire and then come back.
– Jones asked if there was anyone Sting wished he could have wrestled. Sting gave the standard answer that he would like to wrestle Undertaker and also wished he would’ve wrestled Shawn Michaels.
– Fan Questions: Favorite match of all time: Clash of Champions I vs Ric Flair, Great American Bash 1990 vs Ric Flair, Starrcade 1997 vs Hulk Hogan
– Has he seen “The Wrestler”? “No, I’ve seen bits and pieces, it showed the seedy side…it’s different now and more mainstream. There have been a lot of guys we’ve lost due to drugs.” He did compliment Mickey Rourke’s performance.
– They closed with more hype for BaseBrawl.