Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 10, 2013
Sting Talks Heading Towards Retirement, Undertaker/HBK

Sting Talks Heading Towards Retirement, Undertaker/HBK

Credit: Jeremy Moses and

— Sting joined KSR in the 11 AM EDT hour. His son, Steven Borden, is a LB for the University of Kentucky.

— They hyped the TNA iMPACT! taping in Louisville for July 18 and the TNA BaseBrawl event in Lexington this Saturday before the interview.

— Sting talked about his son’s football career, and noted he visited for UK’s spring game.

— The hosts hyped BaseBrawl. Sting said fans would see some of the best in a different setting.

— Jones asked about the Slammiversary match. Sting said that it’s not so much about the world title for him now. He questioned if it was a step toward retirement. He said he didn’t want to retire and then come back.

— Jones asked if there was anyone Sting wished he could have wrestled. Sting gave the standard answer that he would like to wrestle Undertaker and also wished he would’ve wrestled Shawn Michaels.

— Fan Questions: Favorite match of all time: Clash of Champions I vs Ric Flair, Great American Bash 1990 vs Ric Flair, Starrcade 1997 vs Hulk Hogan

— Has he seen “The Wrestler”? “No, I’ve seen bits and pieces, it showed the seedy side…it’s different now and more mainstream. There have been a lot of guys we’ve lost due to drugs.” He did compliment Mickey Rourke’s performance.

— They closed with more hype for BaseBrawl.

10 Responses to “Sting Talks Heading Towards Retirement, Undertaker/HBK”

1. Peckar says:

Wrestling has always had its mainstream side. As it has always had its seedy side. I dare say some of that would still go on in the indy scene.

• Bigmike885 says:

I think that tells you how long its been since sting has been on the indys…its still like that in most independent promotions..

2. godoftna says:

I would think that he'd completely hate his Starrcade match with Hogan. The build up was great, the hupe was great, but the payoff was 100% terrible. To each his own I guess.

3. A_Double says:

I guess Sting isn't winning the BFG series then? The only regret is that we won't get Hogan v Sting one more time for the title which would have been epic.

• ariesstormjoe says:

sting isnt involved in bfg series. which was the point of the slammiversary match.

• Bigmike885 says:

youre joking right? might be the only person in the world who would pay to see that match now

• A_Double says:

People would still pay $39.95 now. Hogan has consistently drawn money and ratings for over 30 years in the main event.
        They are both still by far the biggest stars in TNA, if not in all wrestling and who else would get real media attention like that? LIke most of Hogans title bouts, its all in the build & the hype!, No?

• Bigmike885 says:

I doubt it would draw. People don't really turn in when flair fought hogan….for free….so I doubt people would pay to see sting and hogan. But hey if you want to blow your money that's fine with meSent from my iPhone

4. Steven kelly says:

Its so easy to have a match where stipulation is that the last no title stipulation is thrown away and have sting win it n bingo hes in title race again. Nt saying it will happen bt it can be done

5. Real Deal Heel says:

If it was built up right…Hogan and Sting redux would be great. Sting can still wrestle and it blows my mind he's what 52-53? Dude is jacked.