Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on May 8, 2013
Sting Talks Jeff Hardy’s Comeback, State Of TNA, PPVs

Sting Talks Jeff Hardy’s Comeback, State Of TNA, PPVs

Sting recently spoke about the state of TNA and much more. Here are the highlights…

On the State of TNA: “We’re in a good place. The company has definitely matured. We started with the fair grounds in Nashville, TN when I first came on. The idea was if I came, maybe others would follow. It’s happened and it’s been phenomenal. We’re in 120 countries now and the brand has grown. It’s a brand that’s very well known, especially here in this area [the UK] and very well received.”

On Jeff Hardy’s Comeback: “It’s phenomenal. Who wouldn’t want to see a story unfold like that? Jeff Hardy is so loved. He’s one of our marquee players here. To somebody have it all slip through their fingers is kind of sad to watch. We’ve seen it happen over and over and over again and not that many are able to get back on and get it right. I was one of them. I was one of them, I made those choices too, the wrong choices. Just about took me out. I had a few talks with Jeff, tried to get him back up on board. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him better, ever. He’s physically, mentally, spiritually [better]. He’s in a better place than he’s ever been in.”

On TNA’s New PPV Format: “It was brand new then [PPV’s back in his day]. We didn’t have thousands of TV stations. [now] You can watch anything and everything 24 hours a day, everybody’s doing PPV’s. It’s just too much. It’s just too much TV. So let’s just do fewer every year and make them extra extra special. Make them like Wembley was last year. I think it’s great and I think it’s going to be a big boost for our company.”

On TNA’s Future Stars: “Matt Morgan, Austin Aries, James Storm, Bobby Roode. All these guys are just guys that are coming up. Joe [Samoa Joe], I know Joe’s going to get back on track again. He had the rug snatched out from underneath him, political stuff that happens in our business. He’ll come back again. Yeah, there’s a whole host of guys. How can a guy like Matt Morgan, who’s athletic as he is, and as strong as he is, and as smart as he is, not become a big star in our business? If he doesn’t it would have to be him, it lies on him.”

8 Responses to “Sting Talks Jeff Hardy’s Comeback, State Of TNA, PPVs”

1. soyfenomenal says:

Whores

2. TNArocks says:

Gotta love sting!! I dont care what anybody says he is THE icon of Professional Wrestling

3. ekafcount says:

"I know Joe’s going to get back on track again. He had the rug snatched out from underneath him, political stuff that happens in our business. He’ll come back again."

Best thing I've heard in years.

4. ekafcount says:

5. hosersrock says:

The names that he mentioned for the up and comers are all great wrestlers and i give them their due but, there are so many other wrestlers that are up and comers. The jobbers that lose matches everyday so that those up and comers can look good. We need ti give them the same kudos. They go in and do battle just like the rest of them and they get no recognition and they deserve it.

6. Stunner says:

Matt Morgan ??? He has the build for it however he’s sour grapes on the mic ! I might be wrong however why wasn’t any mention of the X-Division??? Those I love the high flying moves, yes they are dangerous however this is where TNA can really make an IMPACT!!! TNA needs to give these guys some air time and build up a storyline .

7. whatsup121 says: