Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jun 21, 2013
The First Main Event Mafia Member Revealed + ‘Winter’

The First Main Event Mafia Member Revealed + ‘Winter’

— TNA Hall of Famer Sting revealed the first member of the returning Main Event Mafia faction on this week’s LIVE edition of iMPACT!. That person is none other than fellow TNA Hall Of Famer Kurt Angle.

Devin Cutting sent this one in: Former WWE superstars Katie Lea Burchill (Winter/TNA) and Funaki will be appearing at Milo’s Wide World Of Sports Collectibles in San Jose, California on July 20th, 2013 from 1PM to 3 PM. More information available at this link.

22 Responses to “The First Main Event Mafia Member Revealed + ‘Winter’”

1. ViceyThaShizzle says:

I read that as one headline and thought "WTF, why would Winter be in the MEM?!" I thought it would be Angle though, that's probably why he's not in the BFG series.

• tna24 says:

that headline would mess with people and i thought they might do that, have mem be guys who are not in the BGS.

• Mr_Wrestling_IV says:

That's what I guessed also. So what other wrestlers could there be then if you consider the original MEM only had veteran members that won belts? There's Chavo, James Storm, Matt Morgan, even Abyss (would probably look better in a suit than Joseph Park in sweats).

• tna24 says:

my guess would be people you said and ill add EY and maybe rampage. my guess to make the story line work. it would have to be guys with beef with As & 8. maybe they might add a random guy or 2 who has no history with them. like a gunner maybe to go with storm if they add him

• iamanadult says:

Well Matt Morgan was always trying to get in the mafia so I'm assuming this time he will be allowed. Then maybe Roode or Aries as their BFG series representative. I have a feeling there maybe a couple of twists like Hogan and Hardy re-forming immortal or an outsider kind of stable with AJ, Morgan, Crimson and perhaps Gunner and Storm, we'll have to wait and see :)

• tna24 says:

yea no the new AJ is a one man show, if you havent notice. he didnt want to join hogan, Daniels or As & 8 so goes to show you . he a one man team

• iamanadult says:

I thought that as I pressed submit lol. AJ is so awesome with this character change, he's got to get the belt at BFG

2. Steven kelly says:

Thats squashed cos joes in mem and bfg series

3. RavenNevermore says:

The next member I predict is Austin Aries

4. Luis says:

As much as It seems not possible I think Jeff Jarrett is one of the members…who besides Jarret do I see in Main Event Mafia (Batista or Goldberg) Edge maybe?

• kevinroulette says:

Id like to see Jarrett back and in Mem dont think we will see edge or Batista . I would like to see Goldburg but again he says no to TNA every time asked . How about Nash ? is he still under a legends deal?

• ricky_No1 says:

You will never see any of then work for TNA.

• tna24 says:

umm dude batista said so many times he a wwe guy and edge retired and wont come back because you dont mess with a neck injury

5. Tiffanydude says:

It was kinda obvious it was Angle, hopefully others will join as well maybe E.Y. like when he was World Elite!!!

6. Whatever says:

An I missing something here with this. I mean I know Kurt was in the original group but wasn’t it on tv that sting came out and complained that NOT one person from the tna locker room came out to help him. And now he’s looking to the locker room that didn’t help him to be his family again and help him out. Do the writers not think about these things when they put it in the script.

• OldManEaston says:

TNA banks on TNA fans having short memories, because contrary to everything that is often reported about TNA planning long term, they obviously do not. It is like with Aces and Eights. The holes in that storyline from the beginning are too many to list in a short space, but the most obvious one was the search for a leader. It is obvious that Bully Ray was originally NOT meant to play the part. Given the size and the voice of the mystery man, it was obviously not meant to originally be Ray. Aces and Eights actually beat up Bully Ray and they later used a cheap tie in like it was all a plan from the beginning and everyone has to take their lumps and other such nonsense.

Occams Razor, and KISS is always better. The better way to go about it would have simply been to have something along the lines of Ray revealing that if you can't beat them join them. He hated Hogan, saw their strength and they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Then he became the brains of the operation because he helped them plan how to worm their way into Hogan's psyche further. A little bit of foresight goes a long way in wrestling. So now instead, if they keep adding TNA roster members to MEM, they will have to go another convoluted route like they staged no one coming to Sting's defense to fool Aces and Eights for a couple weeks. Long term booking my ashe, and that my friends is why TNA angles generally fall flat.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Shows the long term memory you have… During the segment you reference here about the "mystery man" he even says he's not the leader, that he's "only a mouthpiece". The person they had do this was Eric Bischoff, and they chose someone obvious that people would recognize to slightly confuse the audience. Most of everyone after that segment believed it was Bischoff that was the leader for quite a while.

7. Ultimate_X says:

im not gona lie, although it was obvious sting was going to come out, i still almost marked out when the mem music hit, really took me back! and tbh i wasnt expecting angle, like some guy up there said, stings 'no one helped me' made me think itd be a company outsider, but im happy angles there, love this swerve!

8. RavenNevermore says:

Angle has changed since then. His ego is not in the way and that is why to me it makes sense that he is back. If TNA is still going on the been a world champion everywhere they have been Austin Aries to me will probably happen if not.. the Jarrett would be a great choice! They could be a group half doing the right thing half getting revenge.

9. IHNSAIN says:

u all seem to be thinking someone is in the bfg so he wont be in mem does that mean anderson is not in a&8s lol there is at least 1 mem member in that tournament him and anderson will be in top 4 magnus or joe i hope

10. annil8or4321 says:

aries would be great in mem roode as well

11. YourRandomHero says:

If they stick with the original Premise, Members must be former World Champions. And if you go with the fact that the members most likely will not be in the BFG series. It slims down the amount of people who could be involved. Abyss is without a doubt a good candidate. Matt Morgan, Would be a no, he never held a World Title anywhere from my recollection. I really do not see Chavo joining since he really has had no ties in the storylines with Aces n Eights as of yet. I would almost have to believe they would be hoping/attempting to bring in talent from outside the current roster. With Steiner having Shoulder Surgery count him out.. And as much as I loved him back in the day, I hope they don't bring back Nash… All in all I hope they pull in at least 1 new name.