Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Nov 28, 2012
The Hardy Boys ‘Very Likely’ To Return To WWE In 2013

The Hardy Boys ‘Very Likely’ To Return To WWE In 2013

Matt Hardy appears for Dreamwave Wrestling this Saturday at LaSalle Knights of Columbus 209 Gooding St. LaSalle, Illinois.

Promoting his appearance this Friday for WOH Wrestling at Whitehall Athletic Club in Whitehall, New York, this Friday, Matt Hardy appeared on Passing The Torch Radio. During the interview, Hardy was asked about the possibility of a Hardy Boys reunion in WWE next year, with him being a free agent and Jeff’s contract with TNA Wrestling expiring in February.

He responded, “Very likely!”

35 Responses to “The Hardy Boys ‘Very Likely’ To Return To WWE In 2013”

1. soyfenomenal says:

Jeff, you may sell merchandise, but no one really cares that you're champion right now.

• Stunner says:

I think it was a bad move by TNA to have Hardy as The Champ. In my mind Double A was in the mist of a nice push and then have A double lose to HARDY! The BFG series was a great build up for Storm and Hardy. Would have like to seen A Double beat Hardy, and then loose to Storm. Then if Hardy resigns great you push him, if not, your title still is with the company and it doesn’t lose anything.

• soulbadguy says:

You know what, ratings were consistently 1.2-1.3 was during Kurt Angle(MEM) as champ. When did they last put the belt on kurt?

• DubyaDubyaEff says:

Well put my friend. I hope Bobby Roode retains it soon. Im sorry but there's loads of better, hard working wrestlers in TNA that deserve it way more than him. He's fucked up too many times for me and i've lost respect for him. Go back to WWE Jeff, its shit there now so you'll fit right in…

2. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

I still doubt he will

3. Treck says:

Yay all the wwe fans who call him a druggie and think he is washed up would say TNA is dead now Hardy “if he did” went back to WWE. Hypocrites. But for me I can watch him but TNA for me as a fan it would not effect the product if he left.

4. james3030 says:

jeff hardy BLOWS!!!!!!! hes a good wrestler but thats it! he has no mic skills, hes a pill head, and has absolutely no personality what so ever! and hes the best tna thinks they have nowonder there ratings are in the toilet!!!

5. ricky_No1 says:

Fat lardy is and allways has been full of crap. If he ever returned to WWE it would be to as a jobber and nothing else.

6. pepsilover2008 says:

I'm kinda surprised he can work there. I've always thought he got his 3rd strike or wwe was considering it as he was caught literally after he left wwe.

• godoftna says:

perhaps, but VKM will consider ANYONE who can make him money. He'd bring in the Ultimate Warrior if he thought he could draw again.

• Bigmike885 says:

you thought wrong sir..he had 2 strikes..when his contract came up..he deided to take a break and got all pissed off when they used his drug use to get punk over..then he went to TNA..and TNA let him do whatever he wanted until he went to the ring compeltly fd up.

7. Pipboy86 says:

I've said all along it is probably 50-50. Jeff Hardy was a big draw for WWE. If WWE decides they want him and decides to throw a lot of money at him, he will go and Matt will probably tag along.

8. Stunner says:

Please NO, NO NO, if they return I can bearly stand RAW at the moment! Please NO more Hardy Boys!!!!!

• Pipboy86 says:

WWE can have Jeff Hardy for all I care. The only reason I even watch Raw right now is to see what they will do with Dean Ambrose and a few other guys who seem to understand the wrestling business like Damien Sandow. In fact I wish you could trade wrestlers like they do in sports. I'd straight up trade Jeff Hardy for Dean Ambrose. I'd even offer to pay a quarter of Hardy's future WWE salary as an incentive. I've never liked Hardy as anything but a tag team wrestler. He's a botch monkey, can't even cut a halfway tolerable promo and is a headcase and one bad relapse away from a potential nightmare.

9. Dante_Cross says:

I dislike how you guys bash someone at the smallest possibility that they may leave TNA or hurt TNA in some form. Then you start saying how much you love them when things favor TNA. It was done with the situation where everyone thought Matt Morgan was just trashing TNA, when people said how much Matt sucks and was not needed, but when it was revealed to be a work, everyone was like 'Matt is great' etc, but then you talk about WWE people for doing just that.

This is only something Matt has said and you can take that with a grain of salt. Not saying Matt is just being an idiot or simply flapping his gums, but he only said yes because what would it look like if he outright said 'No'; it would give TNA little incentive to work with Jeff in their upcoming negotiations if his brother has pretty much verified that Jeff won't be leaving TNA anytime soon.

• soyfenomenal says:

Shit, I couldn't care less for Hardy. He doesn't have anything to him but face paint and the swanton. He was decent as a heel, but the fuck up struck at VR2011 and, being straight edge myself (no not copying shitty CM Punk at all), has had negative feelings about him since. Yeah, he's busted his ass this past year. Yeah, he turned his life around. He still scarred the one and only company that I respect, enjoy, and love.

• Dante_Cross says:

If you already had prior leaning to disliking Hardy that is one thing. I mainly speak of the people who are hypocritical in the sense that they love someone until they hear of the possibility of them leaving.

• dragon2947 says:

You know i could care less if you dislike Jeff Hardy or not but if you wanna bash him for his past drug problems why don't you bash Shawn Michaels and Eddie Guerrero cause those 2 also did drugs yet people these days act like it never happened and instead jump all over Jeff cause he used to do it

• soyfenomenal says:

Because I didn't follow either of their careers, nor have I ever been able to sit down and watch a full episode of Raw or Smackdown. Jeff significantly hurt TNA. And I will bash him 7 days of the week for it.

• Bigmike885 says:

you want to know why i dont rip on Shawn or Eddie?..because they never went to the ring so fcuked up that they couldnt perform. and in the case of Eddie he had to lose EVERYTHING and start from the bottom to get back. Jeff just got it handed back to him like he did nothing wrong. Shawn took damn near 4 years off to get his shit together.

• ricky_No1 says:

Well said

10. Horrendous1 says:

Will believe it when I see it, especially with MH's track record when it comes to announcements……..

11. tnadude says:

Nobody wants Matt Hardy. He's damaged goods and to call him overrated would be a massive understatement. Jeff could expand VKM's main event booking options, but I doubt he'd want to keep the rigorous travel schedule.

For the record, I don't care if he stays or goes. He can draw, which is good for TNA, but I'd rather watch Storm, Aries or Roode anyway.

12. kevinroulette says:

Matt's talking $hit like he always does. Jeff said he's happy in TNA , he likes working less days . High flyers like him don't last to long in the biz.

13. Peckar says:

Grave error on TNA's part if the rumour is true.

14. Ringmaster44 says:

I hope this isn't true. or that matt thought the guy said tna. Jeff hardy is tna's john cena, such a huge merchandise seller and fan base but all the "smart" fans put him down. I'm not a huge hardy and never cared for him but he's really improved and redeemed himself and is having good matches. TNA should not let him go idc about matt but they shud keeep jeff. And where the hell is TNA hardy boyz reunion? Once jeff loses the belt, the shud bring matt in for hardys in tag divison, be a big deal a could spawn a feud between daniels and hardy which I feel could be a hell of a feud. Just thoughts

15. Matthew says:

Take that TNA Hardy Boyz back to the WWE team Xtreme will rise again

16. Ultimate_X says:

well its not like matt is known for taking bull…….wrong move for jeff in my opinion too, he's often saying how tough its going, a wwe schedule would take a few years off his career, plus its crap

17. Philly_Cheese says:

We need to take this with a huge grain of salt, unfortunately Matt Hardy hasn't had the best track record as we all know. His life spiraled downhill not all that long ago, and I doubt he's gotten his life sorted out. I highly doubt WWE will be bringing Matt back any day soon. WWE knew that without Jeff; Matt was just a Mid-carder at best, and unfortunately he burned all his bridges and no major company will touch him, especially not WWE given Hardy's very recent past.