Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 25, 2013
The Huffington Post Covers Bully Ray’s Anti-Homophobic Slut

The Huffington Post Covers Bully Ray’s Anti-Homophobic Slut

— The Huffington Post has an article up discussing Bully Ray’s gay slurs from the Impact taping in Chicago.

— The online Gutcheck voting will start anew on April 4th. As previously reported, the voting was problematic when it was initially launched in February and thus stopped in order for them to fix things. All votes will be reset.

29 Responses to “The Huffington Post Covers Bully Ray’s Anti-Homophobic Slut”

1. Tiffanydude says:

Bully Ray is a Anti-Homophobic Slut now? What an unexpected gimmick change…..

2. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Anti-****phonic Sluut ?
    Wow, they couldn't have got this title more incorrect if they tried

3. jbcissom says:

Anyone read the books:
    Farenheit 451
    1984
    Brave New World

Fictional works from the pre 70's, that were nothing more the excellent predictions of what is happening in our world today.

• hangers says:

I'm not sure I understand your point?

• JoeWrestling says:

Not really. I wouldn't say all your freedoms have been taken away. Maybe a small class of people have too much and the average persons concerns aren't addressed, but is this new? Sure the technology is getting there to track and control everyone, but nothing to do with these books.

4. Nova_numb says:

Lmao this place needs to a good Proof-reader…lol

5. DJBIGCG says:

Bubba ray Dudley did this talking mess to the fans in the originalecw for a long time, and wasn't anybody tripping. But if you do it now, you have to apologize

• JoeWrestling says:

It's cause they are on Spike so any tabloid can use it for their sales and any group can use it for leverage. ECW was on TV stations at 2am, no one cared what they did. Part of the problem is that wrestlers can't get heat anymore, since it is "fake" everyone assumes everything is written for them and they are all employees of a corporation. So it's not Bubby Ray's fault and he gets heat and people buy a ticket to see him get his at the wrestling match. It's Spike & TNA's fault and people stop watching the product to punish the corporation.

6. Treck says:

They covered Brooke Hogan? Ha!

7. Stunner says:

I still stick by my first statement when I seen the video it’s a WORK! Again look at the video and look at the position of the camera … It clearly shows this person a few times and not by accident, with all those people security is no where and I mean NO WHERE is site while this happens. It’s a WORK no other news source is saying anything about it come on now, nice try Bully Ray I bet that guy is a friend of Bully Ray. Think about this how does TNA find out the name and phone number of that perticular person. I’ve been to live evnts it can be a pain leaving this type of event with say 1,000-5,000 people in a venue. Now I’m suppose to believe that at the end of this, with all the other people there TNA was able to find ths one guy at the end of a show. I think not, most people are trying to get out as fast as possible, because traffic is going to be a nightmare to get out of the arenas. I think it’s a Indy worker that they(TNA) is going to work into the GUT CHECK angle. That’s just one of many possibilities.

• tnadude says:

Not sure where the hate comes from. You're making very solid points. That guy was visible throughout the program. Ironically – I didn't remember him from the first week either…

• Stunner says:

tnadude no hate here my friend, I actually jumped ship at the beginning of the year to TNA. I got tired of wwe force feeding me John what’s his face, for all those years. The WWE is a shell of it self, when you can predict a PPV and you get the endings right it’s time for a change. An my friend works for the cable company so money wasn’t an issue, the issue was QUALITY an the WWE has lacked quality matches and match ups for quite some time. I wish TNA all the best, I feel that the matches besides Robbie E’s are good. I’m glad to see TNA on the Road and going from city to city, and going to the UK. The crowd for the UK tour looked awesome!!! I just hope that TNA doing Live Impacts and house shows don’t over work there staff like the WWE! Also I love the X-Division matches, the moves and the action. The fans chanting That WAS AWESOME it really makes for some good matches, and overall a great viewing experience.

8. Firestormdzl says:

It would be something if this is all a storyline like Joey Ryan shooting Al Snow and Gutcheck. Bully made his attack, media started to go crazy, and someone (Dixie or Hulk) tried to take the World Title away from Bully only to end up getting a beating from Aces and 8s.

9. Mr. Excitement says:

I think this apology ruined his character. I don't take him seriously anymore.

• jbcissom says:

It's the PC world we live in today man. There's way too many soft yuppies in the world today that cry "wolf" over the smallest thing. And the worst part, it never made it on SpikeTV.

And if this is for some reason a work, then bravo! It's definitely a way to get TNA "out there". I just wish it wasn't done at the expense of what was turning out to be one of the best character builds in some time.

• JoeWrestling says:

Doesn't ruin his character. Bully Ray has already said he's worried about getting fired for screwing Hogan. He's the champion, he's waited a long time, he's not going to ruin his plans for some fan incident. Of course he would apologize. You see heels apologize all the time, especially when the person in charge insists. If you read his first apology you can see he wasn't being sincere. You can see he's not actually sorry for saying it, just sorry for getting called out on it. What more do you want from a heel?

10. ToledoDavid says:

Love the headline…Anti-homophobic SLUT…LOL, they obviously meant SLUR…too funny!

11. andy3323 says:

Anti-Homophobic……..doesn't that mean it was a pro gay comment? Homophobic would have been a slur…. or maybe it's a slut……oh, heck, I have headache now!…….and no that wasn't an anti-gay remark! Don't make me apologize for potentially making someone have an emotion!

Wish I would find the person who first came up with the term 'politically correct' and punch them in the throat……just sayin'……

12. TNArocks says:

Anti Homophobic Slut??? really now is this site being proof read by a two year old

13. JoshL says:

I was in the section and actually in that video with the guy from Chicago that guy was walking around with a tank top all night acting big and bad and looked like a possible Indy wrestler but that wasn’t the only fan bully talked trash too there was like 5 different fans he got in the face of one fan actually tried to attack him which is another video on YouTube so who knows the reality but I’m pretty sure everyone in my section wanted to call that guy a faggot so I don’t see the big deal knowing Dixie she made bully apologize to fix the negative publicity but I think they should’ve just let it be

• PoundOfFlesh says:

Wow JoshL…everyone in your section huh? Please elaborate on how exactly, this gentleman was walking around all "big and bad". You either have a serious chubby for this guy, or you are extremely jealous. Insecure much?

14. HolsG says:

If it was anti-homophobic it wouldn't be getting reported a stupid amount, this really is getting ridiculous now – he's apologized which no heal should have to do when acting and it won't be dropped.

15. DirkB says:

Love the headline.

16. annil8or4321 says:

re f n diculous

17. And more generally, if Berman’s “in the business of truth-telling”, then why did he end up publishing a column which, as Weir says, “ignored and embellished the facts to suit his story line”?