Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Oct 4, 2013
The Identity Of New TNA Star ‘Ethan’ Revealed

The Identity Of New TNA Star ‘Ethan’ Revealed

Since last week’s live edition of TNA iMPACT! Wrestling on Spike TV, the promotion has been airing vignettes promoting the debut of a new character by simply claiming, “Ethan Is Coming.” This of course has led to speculation among many wrestling fans as to who exactly the man portraying the new “Ethan” character will be.

“Ethan” will be portrayed by Michael Hutter, who formerly worked under the ring name “Derrick Bateman” in the WWE NXT developmental system. Hutter had a tryout with the company a few weeks ago and has since been signed by the promotion.

As noted a few times in the past, the word going around the wrestling community is that TNA has signed multiple new talents, with Hutter being the first example of a guy who will be getting his shot with the company on national television.

12 Responses to “The Identity Of New TNA Star ‘Ethan’ Revealed”

1. tna24 says:

oh nice to know it him, i thought he had some talent when he was with wwe. i wonder if tna can make him into something. it also seem like they really like him if he getting a push this fast after being sign not to long ago

2. vantheman77 says:

Yep, I called it from the beginning that it had to be the former Derrick Bateman of NXT. Great addition to TNA.

3. TheMiwyun says:

well that was an anti climax but then i just climaxed anways #inyourmaccyd'sburger

4. Vampirofan says:

Good to see TNA acquiring new people instead of just losing them (really hope mr Anderson is genuinely going to re-sign) and he's relatively fresh and young so he could be an asset! Fingers crossed he might just work out.

5. tnadude says:

I liked the little bit I saw from him last ***ht. He seems to be a throwback character from the 80s glam days. TNA needs strong gimmicks, so this is (hopefully) a step in the right direction.

I even like the way the fill his name with studio lights as a way to augment his image.

I was watching a YouTube video yesterday when Hogan was introduced to Andre (I believe it was '79). Mick Foley was doing commentary and said that Vince told him that a wrestler's introduction set the tone for their entire run. I hate Vince (yeah I know, I say that a lot), but he's usually right. And this is certainly one of those cases.

TNA normally does a LOUSY job of introducing characters. Hopefully they'll learn something with this one.

6. HolsG says:

Did the UK get the promo?
    I haven't seen anything about Ethan apart from on here, don't know if Mike/Taz mentioned it though as people in my house tend to talk -_-

• TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

It was played amidst the adverts. It was only a few seconds long, you didn't miss much
      Mike Tenay nor Taz mentioned it.

7. TwIsTeD_EnEmY says:

Likely to debut on the November 21st edition of iMPACT ( first iMPACT after his 6 months no compete clause expires)

8. Stunner says:

I’m just glad it’s a fresh face now if TNA can get some more fresh faces in the KOs division as well as the X-Division they will be headed in the right direction. I for one would love to see some of the original X-Division guys as well. I still feel that if TNA can get strong storylines in each division they WILL become a very SERIOUS threat.

9. Grandiose7 says:

This is great! I enjoyed Bateman's work and he has so much charisma and potential. Combine him with TNA and we have our new rising star. I hope creative doesn't ruin this, this guy really can go and has charisma to spare.