Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 22, 2013
The Rock’s Reality Show vs. TNA iMPACT!

The Rock’s Reality Show vs. TNA iMPACT!

The Rock’s new TNT reality series Hero has been given a release date of June 6th. TNT announced the premiere date in a press release. The show airs at 8 PM EST, putting it up against the first hour of iMPACT! on Spike.

The series will put nine people in missions “testing their brains, their brawn and even their morality” with fans voting on who deserves to advance and ultimately win. The Rock will host and act as a mentor to the competitors.

10 Responses to “The Rock’s Reality Show vs. TNA iMPACT!”

1. Tiffanydude says:

Okay So?

2. NotCookz says:

Completely different key demographic to those who would watch wrestling.

3. jbcissom says:

Like the other two have said…. no biggie.

Also, TNT and reality shows aren't a great combo.

4. revrock20 says:

Unfortunately the show has voting and the Rock. It could attract WWE fans and fans of public voting shows. If a show Like Jersey Shore could be thought to take ratings from TNA, a show like this with 2 popular things in it (the host and the voting) could do the same. I hope it doesn't.

5. Peckar says:

Do you's really think older wrestling fans won't tune in? I have seen all his movies and I will also be watching the new series to see what it's about. He is a draw for wrestling fans whatever he does. Can always record one and watch the other, I have no idea how that effects ratings though.

6. 02Roadking says:

I like the Rock a lot but this sounds about as stupid as any other reality show.

7. destroyer_v39 says:

Two different categories. TNA isn't a Reality Show. Just cause a WWE Superstar is on a show on the same channel as IMPACT doesn't mean anything unless IMPACT goes back to Monday's Nights again and compete against WWE RAW now thats a topic I want to see.

• Whatever says:

Yeah me too, I always enjoyed seeing and laughing at the ratings tna got when they tried and failed to go up against wwe on Monday nights. I wish they would do it again. Everyone pray together to make this happen.

8. hangers says:

I wouldn't be worried if I was TNA management..

9. tnadude says:

Anybody confused as to why the Rock (a huge Hollywood actor with estimated net worth ~ $70 million) would sign up to host a TNT reality show?!? Doesn't sound like a great career move…