Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Aug 25, 2014
The Very Latest On TNA’s Future With SpikeTV Inside Here

The Very Latest On TNA’s Future With SpikeTV Inside Here

UPDATE: It was previously reported that there was another network that was not only interested TNA iMPACT!, but also offered them a deal. Word is the rumored channel is The Discovery Network’s VELOCITY channel. The channel is available is 48 million homes, and only in HD. For a comparison, Spike TV is available in just over 97 million homes. Along with the channel being available in less homes, the deal offered to TNA is reportedly only one fourth of what they make from Spike TV.

TNA officials are said to be relieved that they have something on the table, but are disappointed by the financial offer. The hope from officials is that the offer from VELOCITY will lead to other offers.

At this time, TNA has a deal with Spike TV to air iMPACT! through the end of 2014.

ORIGINAL: The word going around the television industry is that Spike TV wants out of the pro wrestling business and as a result, will not be keeping TNA’s iMPACT! Wrestling on their schedule, nor will they be buying out TNA, or buying into any other pro wrestling promotions, as had been rumored in the past..

The impression is being given that TNA has a new television home to move to once their deal with Spike TV expires, however it is said to be a smaller network.

What’s interesting is that Spike TV is reportedly willing to let TNA remain on the network after their deal is up at the end of this year, likely week-to-week, until they transition to their new network.

6 Responses to “The Very Latest On TNA’s Future With SpikeTV Inside Here”

1. DJBIGCG says:

Well at least that shows spike has some heart, by letting tna stay around for that long

2. kirkybou says:

Maybe WGN?

3. Whatever says:

Nah nah nah nah

Hey hey hey

GOOD BYE and LET the door hit you on your ass on the way out

4. jbcissom says:

Ok, I'm sorry. I just don't get it. I haven't been able to watch IW in over a month because of my schedule, but I've been following it online. I don't buy this stuff about Spike, more precisely Viacom. The only way I buy this is if Spike is keying a new core demographic (which would be females) and this is a nod of thanks to a company and program that brought viewers to their channel for several years (a top earner in that sense mind you), that's the only way I'm buying this.

And also, Spike is doing nothing buy shooting themselves in the foot. Look at A&E and AMC and what they are doing to their shows. And then look at Spike. Spike markets the hell out of Bar Rescue, but it gets nowhere near the viewers that IW does. Meanwhile A&E and AMC market their shows: Duck Dynasty, Walking Dead, Wahlburgers, the KISS football program.

This has been bad for TNA all around. Hopefully they can get put on a network that will provide some backing and we'll have a contemporary to watch other than WWE. Because the only guy on RAW I'm excited about watching, WWE isn't using properly IMO and that is Bray Wyatt. Other than Brock Lesnar, everything is just bonkers in WWE now.

• Jon says:

You can't really call Impact a "top earner" for Spike since we don't know what they are (or aren't) able to sell spots in the show for.

• jbcissom says:

I meant top earner in that no other show has brought in the viewership that TNA has brought Spike week in and out. I was watching Spike the other day and saw so many commercials for Bar Rescue, it was ridiculous. I mean I don't even see ads or commercials for Bellator.