Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Mar 3, 2014
TNA Acknowledges The Weekend Title Changes

TNA Acknowledges The Weekend Title Changes

TNA posted the following on their website, acknowledging the title changes at the joint event with Wrestle-1 from over the weekend…

On Sunday in Japan during the huge Wrestle-1 event featuring the IMPACT WRESTLING superstars, new TNA champions were crowned as Seiya Sanada defeated Austin Aries to win the X Division Championship! The new champion Sanada will be competing on Sunday’s Lockdown Pay-Per-View in Miami, joining Great Muta and Tigre Uno to battle Bad Influence and Chris Sabin!

Also at the huge Wrestle-1 event, The BroMans (Robbie E and Jessie Godderz) defeated The Wolves (Davey Richard and Eddie Edwards) and the team of Kaz Hayashi and Shuji Kondo in a three-way match to regain the World Tag Team Championship!

Also in action at the event for TNA Wrestling were World Heavyweight Champion Magnus, Samoa Joe, Bad Influence, Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne, Gail Kim and Rob Terry.

They also shared the following images from Twitter…

8 Responses to “TNA Acknowledges The Weekend Title Changes”

1. Beezy_Does_It says:

Who the f*ck is this X-division dude? And Bro-Mans 2 time champions?!? Is this supposed to make them come off more credible in other peoples minds? Its going totake a lot more then two tag title runs to get these guys all the way over.

• Orlando013 says:

They (TNA Creative) have been jobbing these guys for years and now all of a sudden we are supposed to accept and respect them as Champions? I realize their tag teams are a bit thin these days…but I don't get this at all. My guess they drop the straps at another house show. I know that this really isn't considered to be a house show, but I guess this is TNA's way of trying to improve their house show attendances? And then they build up Airies for "Lockdown" just to drop the title to someone nobody knows in Japan….I don't know…not following this.

• tna4life says:

This maybe done to bring in a international face and see what crowd reaction he gets state side. Also TNA maybe looking to bring in more international stars somewhat like the way the WCW did it back in the day. As for the tag-Team division having the same guys with the titles can get old. Also this is a way to possibly (Rest) some of your better stars and keep them fresh by not having the to tiles on them all the time. These are just a few thoughts that I had as it relates to both the X-Division and the Tag-Team Division.

2. godoftna says:

BroMans as tag champions is sad and pathetic. Seeing as how this used to be THE greatest tag team division in recent pro wrestling history, having these 2 jokes as champions is a disgrace. This is one of TNA's biggest failings is in giving guys who have no business beings champions runs as champions. With the loss of talent that TNA has endured as of late, they need to be putting the belts on guys who the company could consider "safe". The Wolves or Bad Influence would be much better bets. If TNA is to rebound and succeed, they need to reinvest themselves into what made the company great in the 1st place. Namely, the tag team and X divisions.

3. CT says:

I don’t understand some of you people. At least BroMans IS a FUCKING tag team and not 2 guys thrown together. They look like a tag team and they are great heels. Obviously doing their jobs pretty damn well since you people to hate them so much. It’s not like they are dominating the division. They are getting cheap opportunistic wins which is perfect for their gimmick. Some of you just bitch to bitch. You’re beloved wolves will get the belts back sooner rather than later.

4. Sturk says:

You guys don't understand heels and champs. You guys think there is supposed to be a STRONG champ or POWERFUL heel as champ at all times. That's just not the case because heels can be scary guys who outsmart or cheat their way into winning the championship. Y'all have to stop booking the show inside your own head and then getting mad when it doesn't go how you have decided it to go. NEWSFLASH you guys are NOT really booking the show!!! Bro Mans as champs has been really good!

5. Orlando013 says:

I understand heels as Champs…my point is that TNA creative made these guys look like complete fools & jokes for years jobbing to everyone and their brother including women wrestlers. Now, all of a sudden, they are to be respected at two time tag Champs? This is totally different from the angle they are running with Magnus as a "paper champion"…totally different. I also didn't understand putting the strap on the Wolves so quickly without some build up to perhaps a feud with Bad Influence of even a Beer Money reunion. I just don't understand creative and management. Not that I feel TNA is WWE, but would McMahon allow this? Who has final say in TNA? This is poor development or marketing of the TNA product to me. Maybe it's just me. I'm not bashing, I'm just trying to understand.

6. Dante_Cross says:

Can't believe Muta left the house dressed like that..