Posted by TNA Wrestling News Staff on Jan 18, 2013
TNA Drops Lawsuit Against WWE – Details

TNA Drops Lawsuit Against WWE – Details

TNA has dropped the lawsuit that they filed against WWE last year. As most of you know by now, the lawsuit had been filed after Brian Wittenstein, a former TNA employee who had left the company and moved to WWE, had attempted to supply information he had stolen from TNA about talent contracts and other information. WWE had notified TNA but when Ric Flair tried to get out of his contract to go to WWE, TNA felt that WWE had targeted them and filed suit.

TNA filed documents on January 15th stating that both sides had agreed to pay for their own legal costs and that the suit had been withdrawn. There is no word as to whether a settlement has been reached, or whether the lawsuit was dismissed with or without prejudice. If the suit is dismissed without prejudice than it could conceivably be refiled again.

The court had previously filed a permanent injunction against Wittenstein demanding that he return all information he took from TNA, not speak of any TNA information to any third parties (including WWE) and not breach any agreements he had signed with TNA.

18 Responses to “TNA Drops Lawsuit Against WWE – Details”

1. Stunner says:

I smell a settlement and that means the WWE basically paid off TNA. I’ll be doing some internship myself at a local firm. I can hardly wait, LAW is AWESOME!

• rawuncutnxrated says:

That smell is your ass, and your internship is bs.

• Whatever says:

It’s just another failed attempt by tna to run with the big dog

• purpleurkel says:

"Big" in that they make more $$ because they cater to kiddies. TNA is better but makes less $$ because most adults think they are too sophisticated for wrestling.

Go do your homework and get those chores finished before mom gets home

• Bigmike885 says:

really man?..at the end of the day the WWE is the number one wrestling company in the world..its a fact..is the product crap..sure, but they are "the big dog"..in terms of money..exposure, reconition, and everythng else.

2. Kyle says:

Boy I hope they take the belt off Hardy next week, not just because I wanna see Daniels get a run with it, but also because it’s public knowledge that Hardy’s contract is up very soon, and I haven’t heard anything about him officially re-signing with TNA(though after tonight’s episode I’ve lost more interest in TNA in one night, then I have ever since I started watching them). I know one guy on here said he had re-signed, the only thing I can find is an interview around early December where Hardy said he’d make his decision when the time came, and that they were close to a deal. If anyone has a link showing Hardy officially re-signed, please post it cuz I’m interested. I could see him being offered big money to go back to WWE while still TNA’s champ.

• Philly_Cheese says:

He can't technically re-sign until his current contract expires…

• bik100 says:

Actually he could sign an extension with TNA if he wanted to.

• Philly_Cheese says:

TNA doesn't have a pattern of doing extensions on contracts, especially if one or both wants to negotiate the terms of the contract. I don't really like Hardy, but lets face it the guy puts asses in seats and sells a ton of merchandise.

• Bigmike885 says:

i wouldnt really say "asses in the seats"..seeing as their live show attendance hasnt gone up at all..but he does sell some tshirts.

• Dante_Cross says:

He already said he is staying…

• Kyle says:

As I asked in my comment, can you provide a link to that interview? Otherwise, I’m sticking with saying we don’t know. I’ve tried finding something saying he confirmed he’s staying, and can’t.

• tnadude says:

You can google it if you must. But those of us who are regulars have read it a few times. It's true – he said it. Time to move on.

• jbcissom says:

Are you that naive?

Personally, I think he has resigned. WWE kicked Hardy to the curve for an instance way less dramatic than the Victory Road incident. TNA helped him get clean and gave the dude a 2nd chance… at the belt. And don't forget, TNA has done a bang up job of making fans think certain people had not resigned with the company over the past year… i.e. Morgan, Devon, Velvet, and no one has mentioned the fact that Sting silently resigned.

• Philly_Cheese says:

Actually WWE never fired Jeff Hardy this last time around, but they did in the past because of his drug use. When he was brought to TNA this past time he had asked for his release from WWE and lied to WWE about why. In fact he told them it was to pursue his painting and music ventures. WWE wanted to collect on the sales of his paintings and music rights if he did sell any while under their contract.

Fact is Jeff isn't going back to WWE because of the following reasons:
        Longer travel schedule, loses time with his daughter and his wife.
        WWE wanting rights to his paintings and music ventures.

People keep saying Jeff is going to sign with WWE because of his dumb brother Matt saying it was going to happen. Lets face it, Matt Hardy has been caught as a liar on many occasions, and knowingly likes to give what he calls "dirt sheets" false information.

3. pepsilover2008 says:

Glad it's over, it can mean tna and wwe can finally be free to hire new talents. Hopefully they will be used properly by both companies.

4. DJBIGCG says:

Thank you for dropping the lawsuit tna now wwe the people you already signed that use to be in tna you should have on either raw or smackdown

5. hangers says:

Waste of time and money..