Credit: Chase Bascio & PW Torch
I was in the second group let in to the arena. They let us in at about 6:40 p.m., ten minutes after they said doors would open. Mr. Anderson was signing autographs at the merchandise table, and the line was like a mile long! They also let people who bought a Jeff Hardy/A.J. Styles action figure two-pack go backstage to meet both guys. Since they were low on time, they wouldn’t let us take pictures with them. Oh well.
Christy Hemme opened with the national anthem. The show officially started at about 7:45 p.m. James Storm came out and called out Aces and Eights, who sent a guy in. Storm and Mr. Anderson set up a tag match between the two sides for later in the show.
Tara came out next for the opening Knockouts Title match, and bagged on the Hebners.
(1) KO champion Tara beat ODB to retain Knockouts Title. Fun comedy match to get the crowd going. Tara hit Widow’s Peak for the pin and the win.
Earl Hebner came out and heeled to the crowd. He wore a “You’re damn right I did!” t-shirt and even had some Hitman sunglasses. Christopher Daniels came out next, dressed as Magneto. He called the crowd ugly and fat. He was followed by A.J. Styles and Hernandez.
(2) TNA tag champion Hernandez defeated A.J. and Daniels in a three-way match. Hernandez pinned Daniels for the win. Of note, Daniels is an amazing heel. He really got the crowd going.
Bully Ray then came out next to a mixed reaction. He was followed by Kurt Angle to a huge pop!
(3) Bully Ray pinned Kurt Angle. Really nice back-and-forth match-up.
After intermission, Mr. Anderson and James Storm came out to tag against a couple of Aces & Eights members. Mr. Anderson did a spiel about the masked men being douche bags, which started a “douche bags” chant.
(4) James Storm & Mr. Anderson beat two members of Aces & Eights. Fun comedy match to wake the crowd up after break.
Bobby Roode then came out next to HUGE heat. Jeff Hardy followed to the biggest pop of the night!
(5) TNA World Hvt. champion Jeff Hardy beat Bobby Roode to retain the TNA World Title. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate for the pin and win.
Afterward, fans could get their picture taken with Hardy for $20 to close out the show. Overall, an awesome show. I highly recommend going to one.