There weren’t a huge amount of top guys, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Attendance was about 1,000, at best.
(1) TNA tag champions Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez beat Daniels & Kazarian to retain the Tag Titles. Daniels and Kaz were great as always, and the cowd was really behind Chavo. The champs retained via pinfall after a frogsplash.
(2) Velvet Sky beat KO champion Tara via pinfall in a non-title match.
(3) D.O.C. beat Magnus thanks to interference. A masked Aces & Eights member interfered, then Magnus tried unmasking him, but D.O.C. pulled him out.
(4) Joseph Park beat Robbie E. (w/Rob Terry). It started as a “Bro-Off” dance competition, then turned into a match. After the match, Robbie E. blamed Terry for the loss and took a beating from Terry.
(5) Bobby Roode beat James Storm. The match took forever to start. Roode played to the crowd, then Storm dumped three buckets of popcorn in Roode’s trunks. Roode then pulled out handfuls of popcorn and threw it at the crowd. The crowd loved it. Roode got the pinfall, but ate Last Call Superkick afterward.
(6) TNA World Hvt. champion Jeff Hardy beat Austin Aries in a steel cage match to retain the TNA World Title. Hardy won by climbing out while Aries was tangled in the ropes with his warm-up pants around his ankles. Lots of back and forth and climb-out attempts from both throughout.
From OC08: Overall, it was a good show and my front row seats snagged a Jeff Hardy armband, so it was a fun night.
Loudest Pops: Hardy (by far), Storm, and Velvet.
Biggest Heat: Roode, Tara, and Daniels & Kaz.
Credit: Mike Sampson & PW Torch